Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I miss cats, our local lad died recently, his poor people.. Wonder how the lads would feel about an office cat? Hmm.

Office cat would be brilliant! You could spend your night dangling string in front of them and playing with them , giving belly rubs, imagine the purrs you'd get and the Headbutts :3 😸!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'll be more convincing while i plot to take over the world with a cat beside me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Its lovely talking to someone with knowledge like you about these things. Well first off you HAVE to go see Liverpool. It's an amazing city, just steeped in culture and bundles of fun. They're working class funny people, no bull-crap about them. And a Beatles fan like you would LOVE it!! Ya gotta go. After covid passes just look up the football fixtures and select a weekend where Liverpool are playing AWAY from home coz when Liverpool are playing at home the flight prices sky-rocket so if you pick a weekend when Liverpool are away from home the prices of flights get cut in half.
    We went over for 60 quid each one weekend. I mean I got charged close to that to go to Claremorris on a train once for a bank holiday. I'd sorta prefer Liverpool.

Well theres the cavern and cavern club. So they're 2 places but beside each other. The one yer after is the one with the spiral stair case down through a cave basically and when you hit the bottom they have a bar and live music from Beatle tribute bands and that's the very stage the Beatles started out on, Its the one where they played their gigs back in the day. Yes this one is definitely the original.
    The other is best avoided to put it politely.
    but theres Beatles stuff everywhere when you get to the nearby streets, all marked with plaques, statues and other things, theres even a Beatles tour where they'd bring ya round and show you this and that but ya can do it yerself.
    Not to mention a trip across the Mersey and go see Anfield while yer there. Plus The Docks are fab.
    For someone who's clearly knowledgeable about The Beatles and culture, music, Liverpool is a weekend you'd never forget.

Just thinking now, surely if anyone from Liverpool is reading this I could get a job on yer tourism board?

I lived near Liverpool all my early /mid life. Hard to see it as a tourist attraction! roflol.... I once kept a friend company to go to a Beatles concert; all I remember is the shocking crowds and someone in high heels stabbing my foot. There was no hearing the concert through the SCREAMS. Never again.

Oh loved the Cathedrals. One at each end of Hope Street. So very different.

Else it was just where, alternating with Manchester, that we went shopping for clothes etc. Hole of a place really! I would never dream of going back unless I were paid a huge sum and even then I would baulk .

Office cat would be brilliant! You could spend your night dangling string in front of them and playing with them , giving belly rubs, imagine the purrs you'd get and the Headbutts :3 😸!

If you really want to delight them , let me send you one of the catnip toys I make! Even the oldest, most sedate cats go delightfully and hilariously gaga...

Not in a good place. Woken at 2 am by the collie up the lane having a barkathon . I bought a "silent" training whistle a while back and it seemed to work..it is a rare event these days so I hope all is well up there. Now I cannot settle .

World events have me sorrowfully rattled; unusual for me. London.

May hibernate a while. Rather than afflict others.. :eek:

Stay well! Stay safe!

Anyone wants knitted comforts made. pm or email! My knitting is a well- channelled nervous twitch after all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Graces7, surely you can’t hibernate anymore than at present ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Got informed last night that we now have to do 3 swab tests before being allowed back on duty, so I’m stuck in isolation for another 4 days. Ugh.... this will also destroy the fast home rotation that we had, so mutt won’t be impressed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

smurfjed wrote: »
    Got informed last night that we now have to do 3 swab tests before being allowed back on duty, so I’m stuck in isolation for another 4 days. Ugh.... this will also destroy the fast home rotation that we had, so mutt won’t be impressed.

Added level of thoroughness due to international travel?.

Favourite time of the year, sunny, frosty, slightly cold mornings!
    Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :) Lovely day out :) deciding what to have for lunch :)

Happy Sunday!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Beaut of a day out there. Will go and get petrol for the mower soon and give the garden an oul short back and sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Lovely autumn day here so I'm off out to enjoy it, have a great Sunday!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside after a good swim.

Beautiful day out there - my OH and I are shortly heading out for a spin around Howth and have an early dinner out in the direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

So much for a nice relaxing Sunday! My washing machine packed up and all the sheets have come out of it pilot stained AND noticed staining on the kitchen ceiling and it transpires the git water tank has started leaking due to corrosion. It's never just one catastrophe, is it? Taking grumpy for a walk before I try and figure out what to do with all the stuff I emptied out if the hotpress. Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hate to say but I’m having a great day, club championship is on and we are beating the other team, I’m nearly embarrassed for the other team. F1 recorded to watch later :)

Beaut of a day in Dublin too - just home after a wander about the city and lunchtime takeout with friends in Iveagh Gardens. Gorgeous.

Just popped in here to say thanks to Grem: spent half of yesterday watching Beethoven with the fairy god nieces, we popped our own popcorn, dipped half in homemade caramel and had the best retro movie day! Beethoven & then Clueless. Now that was a great movie :D Next round I'm hoping they'll be ready for a Pretty in Pink/Ferris Bueller/Breakfast Club marathon. :)

Beethoven is a much overlooked kids movie I'm glad they enjoyed it :)

I'm sat wheezing and blowing my very red nose, if I start coughing too I'm going to have people giving me a well wide berth. Bloody perfect, should have thought to do this sooner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm sat wheezing and blowing my very red nose, if I start coughing too I'm going to have people giving me a well wide berth. Bloody perfect, should have thought to do this sooner

One benefit of current situation, it is acceptable to be anti social.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Beaut of a day in Dublin too - just home after a wander about the city and lunchtime takeout with friends in Iveagh Gardens. Gorgeous.

Just popped in here to say thanks to Grem: spent half of yesterday watching Beethoven with the fairy god nieces, we popped our own popcorn, dipped half in homemade caramel and had the best retro movie day! Beethoven & then Clueless. Now that was a great movie :D Next round I'm hoping they'll be ready for a Pretty in Pink/Ferris Bueller/Breakfast Club marathon. :)

Don't forget St Elmo's Fire

Deskside with 2 squares of creamy lindt chocolate and a cupan tae and I'm sharing :pac:

• Advertisement

Deskside with 2 squares of creamy lindt chocolate and a cupan tae and I'm sharing :pac:

Slide 'em over :)

smurfjed wrote: »
    Graces7, surely you can’t hibernate anymore than at present ?

Wanna bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very, very skilled at vanishing.... lol...

Sardonicat wrote: »
    So much for a nice relaxing Sunday! My washing machine packed up and all the sheets have come out of it pilot stained AND noticed staining on the kitchen ceiling and it transpires the git water tank has started leaking due to corrosion. It's never just one catastrophe, is it? Taking grumpy for a walk before I try and figure out what to do with all the stuff I emptied out if the hotpress. Sigh

(((HUGS))) HUGE HUGS. Nasty one is that.

I am blessed with a washing machine …..that I cannot get plumbed in!

So I wash my sheets one by one outside in a huge bucket..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Couchside after a good swim.

Beautiful day out there - my OH and I are shortly heading out for a spin around Howth and have an early dinner out in the direction.

Did you make it?

I was on the coast road earlier, it was bumper to bumper, which isn't unusual for a sunny Sunday.

Slide 'em over :)

*slides a square over*

Will you require a cupan tae with that :pac:?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I got the Velvet Underground providing a scenic audio background to my performing miracles in the kitchen.

It really was a cracking day today, worthy of a celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Graces7 wrote: »
    (((HUGS))) HUGE HUGS. Nasty one is that.

I am blessed with a washing machine …..that I cannot get plumbed in!

So I wash my sheets one by one outside in a huge bucket..

God bless you Grace, I won't be doing that! Would you not even get yourself an old twin tub that you can attach to the taps.? It's still hard work but not as back breaking as scrubbing outside in a tub! You can still get them (twin tubs)

No, my new Hotpoint has already been chosen and the fantastic Mr. Sardonicat should be connecting it tomorrow.

*slides a square over*

Will you require a cupan tae with that :pac:?

Thanks Seph, I'm good for the tea though thanks, have my own brewed up here. :pac:

Thanks Seph, I'm good for the tea though thanks, have my own brewed up here. :pac:

Ohh....oh I see..

tenor.gif?itemid=7667813

:pac:

• Advertisement

Ohh....oh I see..

tenor.gif?itemid=7667813

:pac:
    Just reminded me of something there Seph...

527584.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement