Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Here's me 25 years ago when I had no grey, no wrinkles and 5 less stone! ( No, based on that pic, I don't want to get reacquainted, you're clearly still a prat!)

My profile pic is a good 10 yrs old.... Not cos I look fabulous (though I kinda do if I'm honest :D) but because I'm a lazy fecker. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

How are you accessing it? It's very difficult to find it online but then you know about these things, don't you? Be prepared. You say 'Martyrs' got to you, it's like Bosco next to this.

The DVD I got of it years back didn't have the English name on it but still had English subtitles. The entire film will be streamable online somewhere if you look for Idi i Smotri.
    Haven't seen Martyrs yet, so that'll be my film for Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Everything is somewhere on the internet ;) I see it's on Amazon, for £27!! Pricy!

Yeah, Martyrs got to me, but not in a shocking way... more like, how do people think of this stuff? Kind of way.. I'll report back on Come and See after.

I could never find it. Is that version on Amazon the new 2k copy released this year? I was hoping someone would've uploaded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Ooh thanks for the film suggestions lads! I hadn't heard of "Come and See" but will give it a go. I've watched A Serbian Film and found that disturbing alright. Never seen Martyrs but heard of it. Will also check out Men Behind the Sun. I had previously planned to watch something soppy like Me Before You but it seems things have taken a darker turn :p

I have wine for tonight and I'm making a lasagna and now I have my film picked out too!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Someone please message me with the names of the last few movies mentioned, I'm far away from home and too tired to try compile a list on my phone. How greedy of me sorry.

Oh and my movie suggestion is Once Were Warriors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am like the king of the castle in work today. On my own in a building that would normally, pre-cv19, have about 300 people slaving away in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Out n about in Cahir stalking celebrities

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭wildwillow

It is worth getting up just to see the fabulous sunrise pictures. IamMetaldave should get medal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

wildwillow wrote: »
    It is worth getting up just to see the fabulous sunrise pictures. IamMetaldave should get medal!

I'll take a medal :D With the enjoyment folks get in from them, it's a pleasure to take them and share them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Sitting on my bed, also had migraine this morning :( kinda ruined my day. Have to go to the shop but am tired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Sitting on my bed, also had migraine this morning :( kinda ruined my day. Have to go to the shop but am tired

Oh the post migraine fugue. It's like someone spiked your tea with a handful of sleeping tablets. In some senses I find that the most debilitating symptom. In the end you have to cave in and sleep!

Well, I've just put my first load into the new machine. Easing her in gently with a delicates cycle with the spin function off. I'm delighted with meself! Ich bin ein Hausfrau!

l
    Well, I've just put my first load into the new machine. Easing her in gently with a delicates cycle with the spin function off. I'm delighted with meself! Ich bin ein Hausfrau!

Careful! I think you’re supposed to spin it empty first time!

My profile pic is a good 10 yrs old.... Not cos I look fabulous (though I kinda do if I'm honest :D) but because I'm a lazy fecker. :)

A decade old is within reason. I was a grown up 10 years ago and would still be recognisable (a bit podgier than i was then but I was already a podger, though) from a pic that old I'm talking about people pushing 50 with a profile pic taken over 25 years ago in their Madchester gear!

Careful! I think you’re supposed to spin it empty first time!

Ooooops! And I knew that as well! You're supposed to run it through in the hottest cycle to clean it. I hope I haven't ruined my good clothes.

Ich bin nicht ein hausfrau!

Another headache sufferer here this morning, my head was pounding and it got worse every time I moved,I took one old antibiotic and a panadol and it cleared up after about an hour, I felt awful nauseous with it also,I never normally get a headache unless the weather is thundery, I hope its just a once off.

Fabulous day here but I only put the washing on after work so I won't be able to hang it out and the forecast is for rain. Plodding through the days here atm, should have been heading to Italy this weekend so feeling down about that, also I need to cancel the annual leave that I had booked for it as it would be a waste now but finding it hard to do it, I might just take one day as a treat, its exactly 6 months today since we first went into lockdown , still hard to believe the whole situation imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Looking out at the evening sun , it's lovely.
    Stupid seat belt sensor gone haywire, keeps beeping . When the seat belt is on .
    Funny at first but at this point it's very annoying, think a minor procedure in sick bay is required.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Looking out at the evening sun , it's lovely.
    Stupid seat belt sensor gone haywire, keeps beeping . When the seat belt is on .
    Funny at first but at this point it's very annoying, think a minor procedure in sick bay is required.

Give it a kick, Mam! :cool: Solved :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Give it a kick, Mam! :cool: Solved :pac:

Lol kick the seat ? The seat belt or the alarm ?
    Or all of the above :pac:

Do a Basil Fawley and brandish a branch at the car menacingly and use plenty of foul language. That should get it to buck up its ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I managed to do half my shopping, yay :) easy evening for me

• Advertisement

I dunno give it all a kick! Although Sardonicat’s idea has some solid merit to it too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Or else go all Father Ted and give it just a gentle tap of a hammer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Another headache sufferer here this morning, my head was pounding and it got worse every time I moved,I took one old antibiotic and a panadol and it cleared up after about an hour,.

Probably going to look pedantic, but why would you take an antibiotic for a headache as it's worse than useless for that purpose.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Tipsy on wine with a lasagna in the oven. Himself is waiting for the match to start. Been a grumpy bitch the last few days and didn't know why, who appears but the crimson wave. Mystery solved :p

Couchside! Just had the most delicious, creamy, white wine risotto my mam made for me. Considering tea and chocolate but I think I'm too tired to make the tea!!

We had a lovely long weekend in The Kingdom. Khali the dog had the best time ever! I think we visited half the bloody beaches in Kerry! And all the usual touristy cliff views etc. Basically the trip was just one massive long walk and all three of us are wrecked now! We had a brilliant time though and we barely had to interact with anyone.

The apartment was so nice (self catering apartments as part of a hotel). It was just great to get away. I was so nervous we'd be put in a lockdown and obviously then we would have cancelled, so the relief that we actually got our few days away is unreal!! :)

Here's some pics of Khali having fun. :D

527725.jpeg

527726.jpeg

527727.jpeg

527728.jpeg

More..

527729.jpeg

527730.jpeg

527731.jpeg

527732.jpeg
    527733.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Loving the photos Dave and BB :) Hope you’re all keeping well :)

Busy Auto today but I’m now relaxing on the couch watching Heartbeat :) Can’t beat the classics :)

Probably going to look pedantic, but why would you take an antibiotic for a headache as it's worse than useless for that purpose.

Not pedantic at all, honestly I'm very lucky and rarely need to take any medication but I was up before 7am and honestly I opened the medicine cupboard aka biscuit tin and took an antibiotic and one paracetamol, makes no sense but I felt awful and was rushing.

Did a bit of cleaning here after work, have candles lighting and no heating or stove on, would love a few more days of this weather but forecast is bad. I'm a bit anxious that we'll go back into lockdown because the thought of working from home again is unbearable, lots are still at home but those of us in the office want to stay there, fingers crossed but I'm not too confident tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside licking my wounds

• Advertisement

Oops just realised I did a triple post! I'd like to blame the glitch please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement