Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

I'm fairly certain WalesOnline will be able to trace it back to an Irish assistant ref.

With Stephen Jones as an Eye witness...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    That's all I got but the guy said it was "straight from the horses mouth..."

Is he a 'neigh' sayer...:D

I'll get my coat////

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Urns....

They're saying boo urns.

I ended up watching the start of the Glasgow game last night, and Ferris said, at that stage, that in last season 24% of games had been away wins, and this season it had been 48%. Evidence of the importance of home crowds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I ended up watching the start of the Glasgow game last night, and Ferris said, at that stage, that in last season 24% of games had been away wins, and this season it had been 48%. Evidence of the importance of home crowds?

Potentially but I'd imagine the provinces having won 11 away games already accounts for a significant part of that jump.

I wonder how many away wins have taken place if we remove them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

3 week ban for Treadwell

Really? Kept that quiet.

Just saw it on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭launish116

Bradley Roberts from Rainey old boys RFC training with squad currently.

Prop cover? Surprised they havnt recalled our academy prop with Munster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 BossMullet

launish116 wrote: »
    Bradley Roberts from Rainey old boys RFC training with squad currently.

Prop cover? Surprised they havnt recalled our academy prop with Munster.

He is listed as a hooker on the Rainey Old Boys website which would make sense given we don't have a realistic 3rd choice hooker right now with Tom Stewart being injured (probably too soon for James McCormick to play senior rugby). Would assume he is being viewed as an emergency option.

BossMullet wrote: »
    He is listed as a hooker on the Rainey Old Boys website which would make sense given we don't have a realistic 3rd choice hooker right now with Tom Stewart being injured (probably too soon for James McCormick to play senior rugby). Would assume he is being viewed as an emergency option.

Looks like an absolute unit all the same, thought he was a prop.

Actually have a lot of time for Ulster bringing in some local club lads and see how they fair. Really do think we’ve missed a few players in the past intakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Sexton and McCann on the bench tomorrow night!

Plus the new guy Roberts

Ulster team to play Edinburgh Rugby, Guinness PRO14 Round 8, Monday 30 November 2020, at BT Murrayfield (kick-off 8.15pm, live on Premier Sports):

(15-9) Michael Lowry, Matt Faddes, James Hume, Stewart Moore, Rob Lyttle, Ian Madigan, John Cooney;

(1-8) Andrew Warwick, John Andrew, Marty Moore, Alan O'Connor, Sam Carter (Capt.), Sean Reidy, Jordi Murphy, Marcell Coetzee.

Replacements: Bradley Roberts, Kyle McCall, Gareth Milasinovich, David O'Connor, David McCann, David Shanahan, Bill Johnston, Aaron Sexton.

ALRIGHT HERE WE GO

bilston wrote: »
    Sexton and McCann on the bench tomorrow night!

Plus the new guy Roberts

Guessing McBurney is injured! Would be great if Roberts had a good cameo! McBurney hasn’t overly impressed recently.

Good to see McCann back in the mix and looking forward to Sexton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

That back three might be a little suspect in defence, but that is a nice backline nonetheless considering Stockdale, Addison and Baloucoune are all absent.

Forwards look handy enough. Probably not the best ball-carriers about but should win our own set pieces.

No O'Toole, but McCann on the bench is what many of us have been crying out for. Will be interesting to see how Sexton goes, probably hasn't had much experience having been away with the sevens and then the pandemic ruining club rugby.

Looks like no internationals for Edinburgh, neither. Really callow. Feeling markedly more confident about this.

Edinburgh Rugby team to face Ulster at BT Murrayfield, Round 8 of the Guinness PRO14
    Monday 30 November (kick-off 8.15pm) – live on Premier Sports

15. Jack Blain (5)

14. Eroni Sau (14)
    13. James Johnstone (55)
    12. Chris Dean (97)
    11. Jamie Farndale (12)

10. Nathan Chamblerain (5)
    9. Henry Pyrgos (39) CAPTAIN

1. Pierre Schoeman (50)
    2. David Cherry (27)
    3. Lee-Roy Atalifo (2)
    4. Andries Ferreira (3)
    5. Andrew Davidson (8)
    6. Magnus Bradbury (83)
    7. Luke Crosbie (44)
    8. Ally Miller (18)

Replacements:
    16. Mike Willemse (27)
    17. Sam Grahamslaw (2)
    18. Dan Gamble (2)
    19. Jamie Hodgson (11)
    20. Viliame Mata (75)
    21. Connor Boyle (2)
    22. Charlie Shiel (23)
    23. Alec Coombes *

Looks like no internationals for Edinburgh, neither. Really callow. Feeling markedly more confident about this.

Edinburgh Rugby team to face Ulster at BT Murrayfield, Round 8 of the Guinness PRO14
    Monday 30 November (kick-off 8.15pm) – live on Premier Sports

15. Jack Blain (5)

14. Eroni Sau (14)
    13. James Johnstone (55)
    12. Chris Dean (97)
    11. Jamie Farndale (12)

10. Nathan Chamblerain (5)
    9. Henry Pyrgos (39) CAPTAIN

1. Pierre Schoeman (50)
    2. David Cherry (27)
    3. Lee-Roy Atalifo (2)
    4. Andries Ferreira (3)
    5. Andrew Davidson (8)
    6. Magnus Bradbury (83)
    7. Luke Crosbie (44)
    8. Ally Miller (18)

Replacements:
    16. Mike Willemse (27)
    17. Sam Grahamslaw (2)
    18. Dan Gamble (2)
    19. Jamie Hodgson (11)
    20. Viliame Mata (75)
    21. Connor Boyle (2)
    22. Charlie Shiel (23)
    23. Alec Coombes *

I think I've only heard of three of their players, Pyrgos, Shoeman and Bradbury...or course they might today the same about us, so taking nothing for granted.

I'm just really excited to see Sexton. Although as LL says he won't have played much 15s this season, probably just that A game back back at the end of Sept, maybe a club game if he is lucky before that shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

I think I've only heard of three of their players, Pyrgos, Shoeman and Bradbury...or course they might today the same about us, so taking nothing for granted.

I'm just really excited to see Sexton. Although as LL says he won't have played much 15s this season, probably just that A game back back at the end of Sept, maybe a club game if he is lucky before that shut down.

Dean in the centre has a few Scotland caps and Mata is on the bench. very weak Edinburgh side.

Dean in the centre has a few Scotland caps and Mata is on the bench. very weak Edinburgh side.

Oh right enough, I didn't notice Mata.

• Advertisement

Andrew Ferreira would be well seasoned as well.

Bradbury wouldn’t be the worst either.

Mixed bag, is that Mata returning from injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Andrew Ferreira would be well seasoned as well.

Bradbury wouldn’t be the worst either.

Mixed bag, is that Mata returning from injury?

yeah, first game back and back earlier than expected.

yeah, first game back and back earlier than expected.

They’ve gone for a 6/2 split also. Not a bad player to bring of the bench!

Was reading Brad Roberts is Supposely South Africa, player of the season AIL 2A last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxPSU2yAsDc

was supposedly being eyed up by a welsh club prior to COVID chaos.

They’ve gone for a 6/2 split also. Not a bad player to bring of the bench!

Was reading Brad Roberts is Supposely South Africa, player of the season AIL 2A last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxPSU2yAsDc

was supposedly being eyed up by a welsh club prior to COVID chaos.

AIL 2A is a long way off Pro 14, but he certainly looks promising based on that highlights reel.

Does anyone know what age he is?

Strong carries, and he looks to be able to vary his throw as well from fast and low to high and loopy when required.

Impressive.

AIL 2A is a long way off Pro 14, but he certainly looks promising based on that highlights reel.

Strong carries, and he looks to be able to vary his throw as well from fast and low to high and loopy when required.

Impressive.

No doubt a different standard and be a big step up. Looks like he enjoys contact! Hopefully he gets some game time, though be concerned about his sharpeness/match fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Hands Like Flippers

No doubt a different standard and be a big step up. Looks like he enjoys contact! Hopefully he gets some game time, though be concerned about his sharpeness/match fitness.

Think U checked him out previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭RuPi

Impressive.

He is 24 or 25, I think this is his fourth season at Rainey.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Impressive.
    4th season with Rainey. is about 23/24. Plenty come through 2A before moving up to play division 1 comfortably and then playing pro.

4th season with Rainey. is about 23/24. Plenty come through 2A before moving up to play division 1 comfortably and then playing pro.

Ignore my ignorance. Division 1 to pro a massive leap? Why don’t more really make the leap?

• Advertisement

Much more excited about this game tonight than I was for Ireland vs Georgia (although I was keen to see how Billy went.)

Would love to see McCann get a full half off the bench. Excited to see Sexton as well, although he's already the second twenty-year-old winger to get a first senior cap this autumn.

Curious to see this Roberts lad as well.

Advertisement