Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Also, we have a new Sponsorship & Partnership Manager - Mark Brooke from the Belfast Giants. That bodes well - for a sport that's tiny here, thought they always seemed to punch above their weight in terms of having big businesses' names associated with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭launish116

Unverified, but from T'Other Forum:

Looks like a couple of late changes for the match tonight, McCloskey and young Sexton on the bench, in for Moore and Madigan, Faddes to 13 Gilroy at 14.

Tbf Moore could do with a break and McCloskey needs game time. Be good to see Sexton get a chance as game opens up. Will keep saying it shame there’s no changes to the backrow/bench

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BossMullet

Unverified, but from T'Other Forum:

Looks like a couple of late changes for the match tonight, McCloskey and young Sexton on the bench, in for Moore and Madigan, Faddes to 13 Gilroy at 14.

Ulster Rugby's twitter page tweeted the squad for this evening that showed the changes but deleted the tweet shortly after for some reason.

Mmm. I checked after I read that on the forum, and yeah, there was no word of the changes on Twitter or the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭bilston

launish116 wrote: »
    Coombes was unreal last week. Absolute monster of 22 year old.

This is my worry, we’re gonna be behind next season. The likes of Munster have been forced to use youth (haven’t in past to their detriment) and there still winning.

Realistically we’ll likely still have a play off at end of season. We need to broaden our forward depth now, not when we’re on back foot seasons down line.

It's also worth pointing out that our top back row prospect, David McCann, is a year, maybe even two younger than those Munster guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭bilston

If those changes are confirmed that will mean McCloskey won't be getting a run against Georgia...which if true...would be very disappointing to say the least.

bilston wrote: »
    If those changes are confirmed that will mean McCloskey won't be getting a run against Georgia...which if true...would be very disappointing to say the least.

But not altogether surprising.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,220 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Heart goes out to Marshall there.

I really hope it's not a long term injury but I fear the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Just flicked it on, was it a knee injury for Marshall?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Bazzo wrote: »
    Just flicked it on, was it a knee injury for Marshall?

Yeah it caught under steff Evans as a tackle went to ground.

• Advertisement

Great try

This could be a red

Wow treadwell is very lucky.

TMO over turned the ref

That's a red

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Ferris saying it's a clear red is the surprise of the night to be honest

That's an awful call. That's a red all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

B. Johnson at outhalf. Arlene won't be happy about that :-)

Exceptional intercept

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Brilliant read, just what we needed.

How Craig Gilroy has fallen from grace. As an under 20 he was incredibly good. Then he scored a hat-trick of tries for Ireland and then gets dropped. Harsh game

• Advertisement

To be fair to Scarlet's, they look the better team but go in at halftime losing. Which I guess is more a credit to Ulsters defense as compared to Ulsters attack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭launish116

ElisaAtWar wrote: »
    To be fair to Scarlet's, they look the better team but go in at halftime losing. Which I guess is more a credit to Ulsters defense as compared to Ulsters attack

Ulster’s penalty count has been terrible!

Scarlets arnt the quickest rolling away.

Friendliest bounce ever

What a kick by a centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Ulster aren’t even trying to keep their discipline down...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Shocking defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Gilroy is slowwwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Welsh rugby Twitter is having a conniption over Treadwell not receiving a red card. No wonder Welsh fans don't watch games, biased refs, cheats etc. Never down to the fact their teams are crap tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Great carry from Treadwell, his body positioning and explosiveness has improved massively this year.

• Advertisement

Who said the pro 14 wasn't entertaining!

:D

Advertisement