Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-11-2019, 16:38   #61
HBC08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Gilly View Post
I think the Police may have tasered him which lead to the heart attack and subsequent pissing himself.
Read the article,neither restrained or tasered.

Just sh1t the togs and keeled over when someone came knocking on his door.

Delighted for him
Advertisement
08-11-2019, 16:39   #62
tayto lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by macwal View Post
One article I read in the past few minutes describes the police as finding a "treasure trove" of information at the house in Derbyshire.

Hopefully its true, and destroys the lives of these criminals and their families and associates.
I can’t imagine that the suspect who died would have been computer savvy enough to cover his tracks either. I’d actually say that most of the stuff found in his safe house was in written form.
08-11-2019, 16:42   #63
facehugger99

Quote:
Originally Posted by padd b1975 View Post
"Once recruited by MI5".

Show me a Provo and I'll show you a tout.
For most of those scumbags, Irish nationalism is a handy flag of convenience that allows them to indulge in their criminal and psychopathic acts.

They are bullies and cowards and wouldn't think twice about grassing up their own.
08-11-2019, 16:45   #64
Loafing Oaf

I'd say it was across the water he picked up the Dublin Jimmy sobriquet. Any Irish person would take one look at the lad and surmise he wasn't reared anywhere near the big smoke
08-11-2019, 16:46   #65
Letwin_Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayto lover View Post
I can’t imagine that the suspect who died would have been computer savvy enough to cover his tracks either. I’d actually say that most of the stuff found in his safe house was in written form.
tbh i cant even imagine that fat gorilla being able to use a PC.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-11-2019, 16:47   #66
tayto lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee-Jay-Cee View Post
!
How the Hell was he not still in prison?
The court system is a joke.
08-11-2019, 16:49   #67
AllForIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by facehugger99 View Post
For most of those scumbags, Irish nationalism is a handy flag of convenience that allows them to indulge in their criminal and psychopathic acts.
Truer word never said and not said often enough. Nobody scumbags trying to make a name for themselves cuz they can't cut it in the real world.

He's a hard man now but not in the sense he wished for.
(3) thanks from:
08-11-2019, 17:00   #68
Oxter

, unbelievable the gardai weren't able to do anything to him in the past five years.[/quote]

To say they didnt want to do anything would be more accurate!
08-11-2019, 17:04   #69
NIMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxter View Post
, unbelievable the gardai weren't able to do anything to him in the past five years.

To say they didnt want to do anything would be more accurate![/QUOTE]

Without the Gardai intel, the raid in the UK wouldn't have happened.
Advertisement
08-11-2019, 17:19   #70
fryup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larbre34 View Post
, my only regret is his loss as a source of information to the paymasters.
a lot of secrets died with him
Thanks from:
08-11-2019, 17:22   #71
nuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrydel View Post
Our police service are a laughing stock.
Why do you claim that?
08-11-2019, 17:26   #72
Deise Vu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayto lover View Post
Judging by the laughable intimidatory signs that were put up, he didn’t know how to use spellchecker anyway. I wonder if the treasure trove of information found my the police includes his household budget with his “salery and expences” on it. Fugging moron.
Thanks from:
08-11-2019, 17:27   #73
dontpanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raconteuse View Post
Can someone tell this simpleton why he was attacked, and by whom? Without speaking in code and nudge nudge wink winking I live too far away to understand border talk!
A commenter posted this on The Guardian Facebook for someone asking the same and I thought it was really helpful (not sure if it's correct though as I also don't know the situation well)

"I live on the border with Northern Ireland. This story is really complicated, and connected with the crash in 2008. The original owner of this company, Sean Quinn, was at the time the richest man in Ireland. He unfortunately tried to make money in the futures markets backing a bank called Anglo Irish Bank, who were the most exposed bank in Ireland when the banks crashed, and lost everything. He lost so much that all of his companies were declared bankrupt and were shut down. fast forward about five years, and the building industry in Ireland started to pick up again. A group of his former company directors got together and tried to raise the finances to reopen the building supply wing of his companies. Sean Quinn wanted back in, but his name was so tarnished that their financial advisers told them that they wouldn't be able to raise any capital if he was associated with the attempt, so they refused him. They raised the capital to reopen and did. Here's where it gets complicated. Sean Quinn established his empire during the Troubles in Ireland. One of the main sources of income for terrorists during the Troubles was "protection money", money paid to terrorist groups to "protect" your business (pure mafia). Sean Quinn grew up in this environment, so he paid. When the company reopened, terrorist groups who formerly received protection payments thought the golden goose was back, so they contacted the new owners to tell them what their protection bill would be. The new board refused to pay. This attack is the latest escalation in an attempt by Irish gangsters to force a company to pay them. They cut this man to ribbons, then poured bleach in his wounds. They broke his leg with a fence post, then hit it again because they didn't hear the snap. They slashed under his fingernails with a box knife then dipped his hands in bleach. They carved the initials of his company into his chest with a box knife. They then dumped him in a ditch at the side of a rarely used country road in the middle of nowhere, but away from beside the road, in a grass verge, hoping he would be found dead (a common practice for informers during the Troubles in Ireland). This is literally the bare bones of the story. Hope it helps you to understand why certainly on this occasion, businessmen are not the enemy."
08-11-2019, 17:33   #74
JohnnyFlash

Was he a ‘good Republican’?
08-11-2019, 17:33   #75
JohnnyFlash

Was he a ‘good Republican’?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image