Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin Lunneys alleged attacker dies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

fryup wrote: »
    its so surprising i mean he looks like such a kind gentle person..

0_Cyril-McGuinness.jpg

He does look like a gentle person if you ask me.

But don't engage in lookism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

Edgware wrote: »
    Reading reports over the weekend this gent got the benefit of suspended sentences for very serious crimes on two occasions despite having several previous convictions. The Guards can only do so much and its up to the Courts to punish appropriately. No doubt several legal eagles have prospered on giving him legal advice courtesy of the taxpayer and of course he benefited by supplying cars to the freedom fighters

Bollocks . . . the posters plastered up all over the area threatening violence were left up by the Gardai / authorities for years, too afraid to remove them, until the media started to ask questions about them last week. If posters like these were put up in Dublin threatening violence against business people in Dublin, they would be removed by the authorities in minutes.

So frightened when the Old Bill came through the door he soiled himself before having a heart attack

actually it was an involuntary spasm caused by the tazer electrocution . . if the Gardai had raided , he would have probably died as well . . laughing.

In all the years these criminal attacks have being going on, the Gardai have not made even one single arrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I've a feeling the tazer was set of max. :rolleyes: He was an informer for both police forces, but he went too far with the Lunney attack and they needed him gone.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

I've a feeling the tazer was set of max. :rolleyes: He was an infromer for both police forces, but he went too far with the Lunney attack and they needed him gone.

If they done it to a lorry driver or any ordinary person, you can be sure there wouldn't have been a word about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭Allinall

high_king wrote: »
    If they done it to a lorry driver or any ordinary person, you can be sure there wouldn't have been a word about it.

How is a lorry driver not an ordinary person?

Just wondering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

I've a feeling the tazer was set of max. :rolleyes: He was an informer for both police forces, but he went too far with the Lunney attack and they needed him gone.

Is there low / medium / high settings on the tazers

Allinall wrote: »
    How is a lorry driver not an ordinary person?

Just wondering.

As I didn't say that, looks like you'll have to keep on wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

Spotlight running a programmer tonight at 10.45 on Dublin Jimmy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

What's all this talk about a taser? The official report is that he wasn't tasered or restrained, and that he just collapsed. That's not something that wouldn't be discovered at autopsy. Is there some new info that he was tasered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I would imagine the Police have body-cam footage of the raid and the subsequent proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Twister2 wrote: »
    Is there low / medium / high settings on the tazers ?

and the max setting.....Dublin Jimmy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

A very murky story and hard to draw definitive opinions on it. Quinn went in over his head with the Anglo shares and was burnt accordingly. Add in to the mix hush payments being paid to paramilitary's organisations to keep the border quiet and you have a toxic mix.

I don't think Quinn had sinister intentions but once you let the cat out of the bag then you have to own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

razor8 wrote: »
    Spotlight running a programmer tonight at 10.45 on Dublin Jimmy

What channel? Not coming up on my EPG.

Got it. BBC1 NI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

sligojoek wrote: »

BBC 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

high_king wrote: »
    Bollocks . . . the posters plastered up all over the area threatening violence were left up by the Gardai / authorities for years, too afraid to remove them, until the media started to ask questions about them last week. If posters like these were put up in Dublin threatening violence against business people in Dublin, they would be removed by the authorities in minutes.

Are you saying he didn't get suspended sentences or just making it up as you go along like you usually do?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭boring accountant

saves the costs of trying him and us paying for it

good riddance.

great riddance in fact.

May be the best riddance I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

dmc17 wrote: »
    BBC 1

Can this be viewed anywhere online?!

Dante7 wrote: »
    What's all this talk about a taser? The official report is that he wasn't tasered or restrained, and that he just collapsed. That's not something that wouldn't be discovered at autopsy. Is there some new info that he was tasered?

The daily mail confirmed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,263 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Aidric wrote: »
    A very murky story and hard to draw definitive opinions on it. Quinn went in over his head with the Anglo shares and was burnt accordingly. Add in to the mix hush payments being paid to paramilitary's organisations to keep the border quiet and you have a toxic mix.

I don't think Quinn had sinister intentions but once you let the cat out of the bag then you have to own it.

The hush payments that are only ever heard of on boards.ie and posted on by people who couldn't find the area on a map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I wonder was he the instigator or the paid hand. If he wasn’t the instigator who was and why?

sligojoek wrote: »

Not coming up on my RPG either

Not coming up on my RPG either

Coming your way soon. :D (Not a death threat. It was a joke).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

holyhead wrote: »
    I wonder was he the instigator or the paid hand. If he wasn’t the instigator who was and why?

Who do you think!
    Who wants the US investors to unload the company?
    Who wants the company back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I heard today that Cyril McGuinness was a Director of a company that supplied Sean Quinn quarries and cement company with their lorries...

That is definitely not true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

The daily mail confirmed it

Well then if The Daily Mail confirms it how could we disagree

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Did he die of anything Serious ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Didn't mention taser on spotlight , I don't think

• Advertisement

Are you saying he didn't get suspended sentences or just making it up as you go along like you usually do?

Are you actually trying to claim he got suspended sentences for his activities against QIH or are you making up what was actually posted as you usually do ?

To date, in the years since the attacks, intimidation, violence, threats and criminal damage campaign started against QIH and its new directors, not a single arrest of anyone has ever made made by the Gardai, never mind a single conviction, never mind a suspended sentence. The Gardai done nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement