Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

maciektok wrote: »
    re young german shepherd :)
    Ah she's just a bit afraid so she's talking to you that's all, she's lovely though :)
    She's yours? She seems lovely in the dog playpen, but I'd keep my hands to myself until she becomes more sociable ;) I've spent enough time around family dogs to know that Bichons are more vicious than Labs, and even though I love dogs, I respect their personal space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Manion wrote: »
    I've no insulating on the water tanks. Could you post a picture of what you're is like?

Don't have a picture to hand but it's basically just a black bin bag around the outside the tank that is filled with foam.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

Ah she's just a bit afraid so she's talking to you that's all, she's lovely though :)

She's a big puppy really, very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

OrdeP wrote: »
    I've been given August 28th, from vodafone, after last June 15th update :mad:
    I really hope there was some mistake and they got a wrong date from openeir.

There is a limited number of ports available. They may have needed to upgrade the cabinet. The said vodafone told me "never" orginally.

Ah that's yourself. I'm Mr golden staffie.
    cronos wrote: »
    Don't have a picture to hand but it's basically just a black bin bag around the outside the tank that is filled with foam.

Weird. I wonder what that's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

You guys may have different house types? The water tanks are in a storage room for the willow and hazel but in the attic for Ash's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 IvanPogi25

Nicolleok8 wrote: »
    Could you pm me the guy who done your floors please & thank you!

Me too please

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dazamataz

Hi,

Has anyone made any amendments to the kitchen in the Heron's, I was thinking of swapping the fridge and oven around. Also putting a double oven in rather than a microwave.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

dazamataz wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone made any amendments to the kitchen in the Heron's, I was thinking of swapping the fridge and oven around. Also putting a double oven in rather than a microwave.

Thanks

Only changed the island, reach out to the kitchen company as early as you can to make changes

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

If anyone has moved into a Willow previously can you pop me a PM, I'd like to ask a question, thanks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

who would you contact in relation to getting a sign put up in the playground, asking people to not bring their dogs in?

was there last week and there was small dog chasing the kids on the swings, running around peeing everywhere.

any chance smoking could be banned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Management suite for both those I'd say.

John Mason wrote: »
    who would you contact in relation to getting a sign put up in the playground, asking people to not bring their dogs in?

was there last week and there was small dog chasing the kids on the swings, running around peeing everywhere.

any chance smoking could be banned?

It might already be illegal. I recall a number of local authorities introducing a ban on smoking in playgrounds. It might be a simple matter of putting up a sign. Let us know how it goes with management and if needed I'd sign a petition, even though I don't use the facility.

It might already be illegal. I recall a number of local authorities introducing a ban on smoking in playgrounds. It might be a simple matter of putting up a sign. Let us know how it goes with management and if needed I'd sign a petition, even though I don't use the facility.

http://www.thejournal.ie/smoking-playgrounds-2822676-Jun2016/
    http://www.ash.ie/campaigns/smoke-free-playgrounds/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mynameisonamap

Hi all,

New to boards but have been following this thread and there's loads of useful information! We are just getting started on the process. We've signed contracts (v excited). Haven't found Sherry Fitz overly helpful and was hoping to get plans with dimensions and a timeframe for construction but their estimate is somewhere between November and January, which is a fair bit of difference. Is Tom in Ballymore still the contact person and if so, would anyone have a number or e-mail address that you could pm me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mynameisonamap

Also, has anyone put in an additional shower head in any of the bathrooms? I know they have a rainwater shower head but would be useful to get something hand-held in addition. I know we were told that no alterations would be entertained but still going to give it a try, even if we have to pay slightly more for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PhoenixRoyal

Also, has anyone put in an additional shower head in any of the bathrooms?  I know they have a rainwater shower head but would be useful to get something hand-held in addition.  I know we were told that no alterations would be entertained but still going to give it a try, even if we have to pay slightly more for it.
    I PM'd you for previous post and this one. good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sunshine135

Also, has anyone put in an additional shower head in any of the bathrooms? I know they have a rainwater shower head but would be useful to get something hand-held in addition. I know we were told that no alterations would be entertained but still going to give it a try, even if we have to pay slightly more for it.

Hi, we added hand-held shower hoses. We were given 2 options: slightly cheaper round design and square design. We went for a square design, we snagged our house last week and are happy with the result. PM me if you like more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Hi.
    Can someone tell me what train it you get to broombridge.?
    I need to get to clonee and think its the same train so I can find the time table.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Hi.
    Can someone tell me what train it you get to broombridge.?
    I need to get to clonee and think its the same train so I can find the time table.

It's the Maynooth train from Connolly.

Anyone noticed issues with the water main pressure since yesterday? It appears to me that it is much lower than it used to be. It's especially noticeable since the internal water, both cold and hot, still have good pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

Bruncvik wrote: »
    Anyone noticed issues with the water main pressure since yesterday? It appears to me that it is much lower than it used to be. It's especially noticeable since the internal water, both cold and hot, still have good pressure.

Yep, cold water pressure from the main is much lower.

I met up with Eamonn from Fitzgerald kitchens at their factory today to make changes to the kitchen. I found him great and really easy to deal with. I told him the changes I wanted, he amended the plans and gave me a copy to take away.
    I ended up changing the island and moving it, also put a double oven in and swapped the fridge and oven around.

dazamataz wrote: »
    I met up with Eamonn from Fitzgerald kitchens at their factory today to make changes to the kitchen. I found him great and really easy to deal with. I told him the changes I wanted, he amended the plans and gave me a copy to take away.
    I ended up changing the island and moving it, also put a double oven in and swapped the fridge and oven around.

How much did each of the changes cost? Could you share the plans if you have soft copies?

cronos wrote: »
    How much did each of the changes cost? Could you share the plans if you have soft copies?

I'll Pm you now

The water pressure is still low. The water pump is going like to clappers. Bit worried.

Also have the bin collection times changed? The last two weeks the waste bin has been collected on the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

The water pressure is still low. The water pump is going like to clappers. Bit worried.

Also have the bin collection times changed? The last two weeks the waste bin has been collected on the Monday.

Not sure about the bin I just copy everyone else.

The water pump and the mains pressure are not related Manion, you may have another problem!

The mains feed serves the kitchen cold tap and supplies the water tanks in the attic. No others. The pump pulls water from the tanks and uses this to pressurise the water feed to all other taps hot and cold, and showers plus toilet water supply, utility room supply etc.

So unless the attic tank was drained the low mains shouldn't be affecting the pumped circuit.

My mains pressure seems ok for what it's worth, I never noticed a drop.

Irish water has no outages or maintenance works in our area, so I don't know what's going on. I assumed at first there was something wrong at our end, but if more people have this issue, the problem lies elsewhere.

As for the bins, I thought they were always collected on Mondays. I noticed last week that they came on a Tuesday, fairly early in the morning (before 8). I didn't get any notice, so we're still putting out or black bin tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

Irish water has no outages or maintenance works in our area, so I don't know what's going on. I assumed at first there was something wrong at our end, but if more people have this issue, the problem lies elsewhere.

We have also had low water pressure for the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

As for the bins, I thought they were always collected on Mondays. I noticed last week that they came on a Tuesday, fairly early in the morning (before 8). I didn't get any notice, so we're still putting out or black bin tonight.

I was advised by the management company that the bin company forgot to do our collection on Monday for 2 weeks running, They were reminded of it and have done the collection today.

If anyone is looking for an electrician to fit lights I got a person in last week, he did a really good job and was quick, let me know if you need his number.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I meant Tuesday.

With regards water, the tanks had run dry and some airlocks had entered the system causing the pump to go mad. Everything seems fine now, but cold water is still weak.

Advertisement