Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

cronos wrote: »
    The real solution will be to open up more routs to the river road that don't make all the traffic go down bridge avenue. The river road is the perfect outlet for the traffic and should just have multiple points joining the different blocks of appartments/houses in the area.

Would want to keep an eye on the undeveloped castle-thorn lands so for planning permission notices to potentially make suggestion or object on such grounds.

Best to keep an ear to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Would want to keep an eye on the undeveloped castle-thorn lands so for planning permission notices to potentially make suggestion or object on such grounds.

Best to keep an ear to the ground.

Would be nice to see a report like this pop up again also. Seems like it was known before the housing crisis.

http://www.dublincity.ie/sites/default/files/content/Planning/DublinCityDevelopmentPlan/Dev0511/VariationstotheDevelopmentPlan/Documents/AdoptedVariationNo28SpecandMap.pdf
    http://rathborne.net/downloads/River_Road_Report.pdf

Hi all,
    We are after the 1st snag, we mostly have minor issues as mentioned in my previous post, happy days.

However one of the issue is that the toilet flush seem to be quite weak in our house. We tried the regular and the power flush - the power flush makes no difference. In fact our snagger originally though that the pump was not connected yet (it was connected). Ballymore replied to us that the toilets are set up this way because of the "new Regulations", they say all new houses are built this way and are reluctant even to recheck it.

Could you please let us know about your experience? Does it appear to be weak but it's actually efficient? Did anyone came across this problem and manage to solve it, what can be causing the issue?

Many thanks.

It does seem overly weak.
    Parts of the bowl don't seem to get any water on them.

Manion wrote: »
    OpenEIR own the network, and will install the Fiber to the "curb" distribution box. (Big 1 meter square boxes in the foot path, every 7 or so houses. They will then install a coper line (looked to be standard cat 5 cable) into the box outside your front door. Thats them finished.

KN will then come out and install the vDSL splitter box in your home and telephone access point. They also go back to the Fiber cabinet and make the broadband connection live.

I've just been given a date of July 13th for the openEir part of the above.. great..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Only just learned the building at the bottom Of bridge Avenue is apartments ��

Any idea how many there will be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

fret_wimp2 wrote: »

That one is four stories with two two beds on each of the top three floors so six in total. Shop units on the ground floor.

It was on the plans submitted to planning permission.
    From what I recall they don't overlook the rear so its not really a concern, I believe there are just a few small windows intended to take light in rather than look out if you know what I mean.

I can't get the document to download on the portal as there are new size restrictions on downloads in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Go to:

http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/wphappcriteria.display

and search for the planning reference:

3069/14

Open the site layout plan:

http://www.dublincity.ie/AniteIM.WebSearch/Download.aspx?ID=464997

http://www.dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00464997.pdf

It is block A you are referring to for which there are some documents also.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Looking for recommendations: I just discovered a wasp nest in my shed the size of a football, so a bit too big to isolate in a jar or something. Does anyone have any recommendations for a pest control company? PM, please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

I bought a wasp killer powder from b n q and killed them instantly. Just wait till night & spray the nest. Do the same the following night if some still there. cost around €5!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

One of the baby swans by lock 9 was savaged yesterday by a dog along the canal. Fairly disturbing event.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gloria6232

Would anyone be able to PM the contact details for the person from Ballymore for the houses on royal canal avenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

One of the baby swans by lock 9 was savaged yesterday by a dog along the canal. Fairly disturbing event.

That is awful

I noticed today that the house at the end of bridge avenue will have multiple public parking spaces right outside their kitchen window? That does it match the planning permission plans. I'd not be too happy about that if I was the buyer.

I noticed today that the house at the end of bridge avenue will have multiple public parking spaces right outside their kitchen window? That does it match the planning permission plans. I'd not be too happy about that if I was the buyer.

It's shown clearly on the site plan.

It's shown clearly on the site plan.

Nope. I even double checked. Looks to be eight spaces going in as opposed to the original 5 and the plans show a landscaped area outside the windows not 2 parking spaces.

Nope. I even double checked. Looks to be eight spaces going in as opposed to the original 5 and the plans show a landscaped area outside the windows not 2 parking spaces.

I'm talking about this map and 2 bridge avenue:

http://royalcanalpark.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/RCP_Web_Site_Plan_08.16-01.jpg

8 spaces including in front of the window. Presumably one or both spaces in front of the window belong to the house.

Keithchap wrote: »
    Go to:

http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/wphappcriteria.display

and search for the planning reference:

3069/14

Open the site layout plan:

http://www.dublincity.ie/AniteIM.WebSearch/Download.aspx?ID=464997

http://www.dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00464997.pdf

It is block A you are referring to for which there are some documents also.

I'm talking about this map. Fairly different.

That's not the final site plan though, it was changed due to the planning conditions and resubmitted for final approval. The playground is another thing that changed. This is the final plan I believe:

http://www.dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00506504.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Oh God, did anyone call the dspca? That's so tragic, I was just walking past the nest and saw only two cygnats. Originally they had six cgynats and in the mean time four lost along with the father swan who was apparently poisoned. I feel so sorry for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Oh God, did anyone call the dspca? That's so tragic, I was just walking past the nest and saw only two cygnats. Originally they had six cgynats and in the mean time four lost along with the father swan who was apparently poisoned. I feel so sorry for them.

Unfortunately there are many dog owners who walk their dogs off leash. People don't like to think that their dog could hurt anyone, but they are animals and it's impossible to predict how they will react when out and about. I recently encountered a fellow with 4 very energetic dogs off leash that were running amok interfering with ducks, walkers, other dogs, etc. When I asked him to leash the dogs I got a tirade of abuse. It's not the dog's fault if their owner is anti-social but it makes things harder for responsible owners who have their pets controlled and keep other animals safe. After all, we are only guests on the canal, the ducks and swans live there.

I'm running along the canal a lot, and so far I only found one dog that has been aggressive towards me and other people (a young German Sheppard), but he's being kept on a leash. But I've seen a few smaller dogs harassing ducks in the evening, with the owners not caring. I can imagine such a dog savaging a tiny swan. If such dog owners can't keep their dogs under control, no wonder their kids end up stealing bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

I requested that skirting boards be only tacked on during the house build and got confirmation that this was ok with Ballymore.
    Our flooring guy is now having a horrible time as the boards are glued on upstairs and are pulling the wall with them.

Aside from demonstrating im very annoyed they didnt do what they said they would, is there any point in complaining to ballymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

I just wanted to quote this post again because last week someone was asking about how to use the TV cables already installed in the walls. I can provide more details on request.
    nordstrom wrote: »
    This may be too late to help you but...

1. This is what I did. For about 280 euros you can have someone install a dish (mine is at the rear and not visible) and a saorview aerial. Either they can run the cables directly in to your TV, or if you want more than one tv you can run the cables to the utility room and distribute from there using the cables already installed. I installed a multiswitch in the utility room, this means I can distribute both satellite and terrestrial signals to up to 4 rooms, and have the ability to watch and record at the same time. I did this for future-proofing and it may be overkill for you. Total cost of my installation including one set top box was about 450. I then got Vodafone broadband which I think has 100mb speed, enough to easily stream Netflix or YouTube in hd or 4K even.

2. You'll be grand with a shed poking up a little bit over the wall

I requested that skirting boards be only tacked on during the house build and got confirmation that this was ok with Ballymore.
    Our flooring guy is now having a horrible time as the boards are glued on upstairs and are pulling the wall with them.

Aside from demonstrating im very annoyed they didnt do what they said they would, is there any point in complaining to ballymore?

Yes insist that they come and repair the plaster work behind the skirting and place new skirting down. I had the same issue and unfortunately the flooring guys had reattacted most of the skirting before I saw the problem. I had ballymore out to plaster the walls in two rooms. I really regret not insisting on new skirting as well. It's been a lot of work and time to get them back looking right.
    ANXIOUS wrote: »

Yes, the vet took away the cgynat, but it didn't survive being mauled. The father swan died because people kept feeding it crap. I tackled an auld fella feeding the swans mouldy gone off bread. He looked at me like I had two heads telling not to feed swans that.

As for off lead dogs, there are some really stupid people. Who know it all and know nothing. I worry about the impact of people on the local environment.

Like I said, my dish is not visible, I understand not everyone will be able to do this. Secondly there is no viable cable alternative because the management company in their wisdom signed away the rights to provide cable tv to some cowboy outfit, so I feel well within my rights to use alternative means. The management company can ask, but they have no way to enforce the removal of the dish.

As for your other ridiculous hypothetical questions, I don't feel the need to respond.

Edit: this post was in response a reply which has since disappeared for some reason, sorry if it looks out of context!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mooninite1

nordstrom wrote: »
    Like I said, my dish is not visible, I understand not everyone will be able to do this. Secondly there is no viable cable alternative because the management company in their wisdom signed away the rights to provide cable tv to some cowboy outfit, so I feel well within my rights to use alternative means. The management company can ask, but they have no way to enforce the removal of the dish.

As for your other ridiculous hypothetical questions, I don't feel the need to respond.

Edit: this post was in response a reply which has since disappeared for some reason, sorry if it looks out of context!
    Hi Nordstrom. I assume you have the dish on the back of the house - what direction is that facing? Just want to know if it's a viable option for me. Thanks.

mooninite1 wrote: »
    Hi Nordstrom. I assume you have the dish on the back of the house - what direction is that facing? Just want to know if it's a viable option for me. Thanks.
    All dishes I've seen are facing east. The dishes in front of the Herons, just below the top floor bedroom window, are really unobtrusive and nearly invisible from the street (I can see it from the bus, but nobody in their right mind can be bothered by them).

• Registered Users Posts: 34 johnny66179

We also had to remove the skirting boards from upstairs, our fault as we didn't request that they be tacked on. The flooring company had no problem taking them off though and they didn't damage any of the walls or skirting boards. I would question how they are removing them if they are damaging the walls.

• Advertisement

Yep, the dish needs a clear view of the south eastern sky.

Advertisement