Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I went onto the site for a nose. I had never heard of this before. 9:57 everything fine, clicked on next page at 10:01 and sold on most of the pieces..... I'd say you needed to get to the checkout at 10 on the button.

I was ready to go at 10 and got three in basket, but by the time checkout completed...all 3 gone! Will just have to buy something else instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

anewme wrote: »
    I was ready to go at 10 and got three in basket, but by the time checkout completed...all 3 gone! Will just have to buy something else instead.

Abit like Next sale :)

Some really nice pieces there to buy.... I think I recognised one or two Irish artists, but tbh if I was buying I'd buy what I liked not who I thought may have done the piece.

Fair play to whoever managed to snag a picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Friday!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Abit like Next sale :)

Some really nice pieces there to buy.... I think I recognised one or two Irish artists, but tbh if I was buying I'd buy what I liked not who I thought may have done the piece.

Fair play to whoever managed to snag a picture.

I was buying what I liked as well, spent ages matching my colour scheme. Ahh well...delighted they all sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Kitchen, just stuck mac'n'cheese in the oven for lunch when my kids get here in about an hour or so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Nice looking Covid hairstyle there Auto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Wow they disappeared rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I liked the pencil sketch of the mermaid, the fox and koala paintings, and the redhead with the bottle of wine and a cigarette :D

Maybe next time I'll play fastest finger and buy something :)

Garden, having a very enjoyable day. The heat is very relaxing.

anewme wrote: »
    I was buying what I liked as well, spent ages matching my colour scheme. Ahh well...delighted they all sold.

At least you are taking it in good grace :) I'd be frustrated.

The washing machine won't drain, red light flashing on it,I'm going for a walk before I try to sort it out,its going to be one of those days.

• Advertisement

The washing machine won't drain, red light flashing on it,I'm going for a walk before I try to sort it out,its going to be one of those days.

Serves you right for being too positive yesterday :D

I warn my washing machine "not to f*ckin dare" each time I use it these days.... I'm just waiting on it to give up the ghost.

This actually happened my friend the other day and it was the filter that was the problem.... She lives alone and had to drag the full machine out to get to the plug and check the hoses. She followed the Google troubleshooting guide.

Best of luck! :)

Anewme, they went super quick! I had a list of 3 & I managed to get one of those!
    The next one should be online again soon. I think they were looking at a Sept date?

Anyway, I went to bed after that for a few hours, up now to sit around for the afternoon until work tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Sitting in the garden, having a cuppa and thinking I might apply for a Masters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Have not been great last few days but starting to come round a bit. See others here are also having a tough time.
    This has really taught me the value of human contact. We can text, phone, facetime, Skype and zoom all we want but there is nothing like talking to someone face to face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just finished the laundry. Beds changed. Inside windows cleaned. Hoovering done. Wheelie bins hosed out and disinfected. Want to wash my carpets but have no idea about which way to go about it

Just finished the laundry. Beds changed. Inside windows cleaned. Hoovering done. Wheelie bins hosed out and disinfected. Want to wash my carpets but have no idea about which way to go about it

Hire a carpet cleaner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hire a carpet cleaner?

No way that would defeat the purpose of cleaning them!! I want to get stuck in

No way that would defeat the purpose of cleaning them!! I want to get stuck in

I seen sister using baking soda to remove vomit before.

Job is unreal grim....have tinnies instead

Company just asked for a volunteer to take a machine to Dubai for maintenance and stay with it for two months on a full board basis :) they will even pay for the wife to Go.

Missus laughed at the idea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

smurfjed wrote: »
    Missus laughed at the idea :)

Never mind the Missus.
    Can Mutt go too ?
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Birthday Seph :D

Hire a carpet cleaner?

Wondering if Blaaz meant a person or a yoke ?

You can hire carpet cleaner yokes ( there are a bit like an old fashioned Hoover ). They use detergent that they sort of spray onto the carpet and then suck up again.

Homeside, with a mug of coffee

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Had a kinda decent sleep for once, yay!

Can Mutt go too ?
    Nope, hence the laugh.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Sitting in the garden, having a cuppa and thinking I might apply for a Masters

Right thing to do. It would be very hard to get back into it in a few years time.

Any idea where you would do it ?

....Garden, having a very enjoyable day. The heat is very relaxing.

Amazed at how advanced the fuscia in your snap is. Still sprouting from old wood here - no flowers even starting to form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Hope it's been a great day, Seph! :)
    40902c6ffe1b797b8223e042cfc2af53.gif

Seph!
    It's your birthday?
    Yeah, have a great day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Happy Birthday, Sephers! :D

• Advertisement

Happy Birthday Seph :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Right, I'm off to grab food supplies for a few days, requests now please :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

A dirty great big black forest gateaux please!!
    I need one. :D

Having a can and eating ryvita with cream cheese, I expect Auto to drop in a cardboard comment any time now :p

Coffee cake or lemon drizzle please Grem .

Just planted some begonias , vibrant orange and pink ones , cheery little things :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Happy Birthday, Sephers! :D
    Autosport wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Seph :)
    Deja Boo wrote: »
    Hope it's been a great day, Seph! :)
    40902c6ffe1b797b8223e042cfc2af53.gif
    bubblypop wrote: »
    Seph!
    It's your birthday?
    Yeah, have a great day :)

Thanks so much :3

I'm deskside waiting for pizza to be delivered, courtesy of *says in a hill billy voice* ma :3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Inside to escape the noise. Neighbours having a big row out on the road, cursing and roaring at each other. And they call the travellers down the road "kn*****"...takes one to know one.

Happy Birthday, Seph :)

0lddog wrote: »
    Wondering if Blaaz meant a person or a yoke ?

You can hire carpet cleaner yokes ( there are a bit like an old fashioned Hoover ). They use detergent that they sort of spray onto the carpet and then suck up again.

Homeside, with a mug of coffee

Reading back,i should perhaps have clarified i meant the machine :O

Home,heading out to finish few jobs

Happy Anniversary Grandeeod !

Inside to escape the noise. Neighbours having a big row out on the road, cursing and roaring at each other. And they call the travellers down the road "kn*****"...takes one to know one.

Happy Birthday, Seph :)

Similar happened here twice that I've seen near me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Hi Seph, happy birthday!!
    We're almost twins, I'm tomorrow!
    Hope you are feline meowtiful in your older age :)

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Happy birthday seph, enjoy the pizza. :)

Does the pizza have pineapple maybe?

Having a can and eating ryvita with cream cheese, I expect Auto to drop in a cardboard comment any time now :p

I wouldn’t dare say such a thing about ryvita, Gravel and mud would be much more enjoyable to dine on :D

Kitchenside getting a drink :)

Pineapple makes the pizza :)

Happy Birthday Seph. And Purple Mountain too-morrow!!! Enjoy. Save me a slice of pizza and cake respectively please.

Meanwhile, I'm deskside, waiting for some family/friend skypecall thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Pineapple makes the pizza :)

tenor.gif?itemid=11899697

I'm lying on my bed full pizza and coke *pat's belly* happy sephers 🤤🤤

Hope you are feline meowtiful in your older age :)

🐱😸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Jesus... Sardi-cat is keen :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Deskside with a tea. Have to wake up...too early to go to bed.😄

Happy birthday Sephers! Enjoy your pizza and your special day. 🍕😸

510805.jpeg

@Widdershins. If you are at twitter i have a few suggestions for very nice bird and nature photos. @CarlBovisNature is the man as well as @JocAPhotography is the woman. Every day she shows a lovely video hand feeding wild birds as well. Another one is @MyWildlifePosts with dolphins as well.

Fan of irish landscapes? No problem...@Evans has a lot.

My daily dose of nature.😄

https://twitter.com/carlbovisnature/status/1253605624572755968?s=21

...if i am not outside by myself. Took the following pictures two days ago uphill in the vineyards. Very relaxing and puts a lot of things into perspective. ☀😁

Forest, what's that thing on the lake?.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement