Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

One of my favourite names for a girl is Cybele...then I realised the scope for mispronounciations :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Try years... to some of my (supposed) close confidants, I'm only known as "oh right, you're HER friend"......nope, I have a name tyvm.
    I would like to call them "piss off" but that would be :rolleyes: disrespectful.

Is your name unusual and they're afraid to misprenounce it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside sitting pretty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Apart from on the phone I didn't speak to another person last week for 5 days. Really strange stuff. Hope I never take living a normal life for granted again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Happy Birthday Widders.

Great news Guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Nope, 2 syllables, just like their friend. Been introduced many a time, they just choose not to remember.

Catherine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Deskside sitting pretty

npnjdv1g.jpg

Deskside sitting pretty

Haha I read that as "looking pretty" first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

All this talk about hair. I'm genuinely scared.:eek: Mine is nearing a time for a cut. Last chopped in late February. Gonna start trimming it myself. When hairdressers/barbers reopen at some point they'll be jammers and catching up on lost earnings. So much pandemonium to look forward to if we ever get moving out of the ****fest we are in.

Fcukin hell its hard to be positive lads when you think long term.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Haha I read that as "looking pretty" first.

*looks in mirror*

That as well ;-) :pac:

• Advertisement

*looks in mirror*

That as well ;-) :pac:

:D
    Love it!

Catherine ?

That's three syllables outside our town, Panda! It's not actually pronounced Cat'rinn. We're trying to convince them to come down here for Boardsie beers remember? Just keep the pretense going till they hit the Clashlehane roundabout, then we can let the mask slip.

;) Catherines friend.

Maybe you could try wearing a name badge. Or tell Catherine to tell them to treat her friend with respect?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

How do people survive in jail? This lockdown is driving me nuts.

After 9 hours sitting waiting for our new hotel to be ready, they tell me not to go as there is no way for me to get to the airport tomorrow :):):) what a waste of my boring day.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    That's three syllables outside our town, Panda! It's not actually pronounced Cat'rinn. We're trying to convince them to come down here for Boardsie beers remember? Just keep the pretense going till they hit the Clashlehane roundabout, then we can let the mask slip.

Haha I was gonna say something but I think I've offended enough people in here :D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    All this talk about hair. I'm genuinely scared.:eek: Mine is nearing a time for a cut. Last chopped in late February. Gonna start trimming it myself. When hairdressers/barbers reopen at some point they'll be jammers and catching up on lost earnings. So much pandemonium to look forward to if we ever get moving out of the ****fest we are in.

Fcukin hell its hard to be positive lads when you think long term.

I'm rocking a pre-raphaelite look of long untamed locks (with grey well camouflaged) Body is a bit more Titian

Either way, I'm considered the ideal of feminine beauty at various points in history. The fact it's not at this point is, I have decided, utterly irelevant! Gabriel Dante Rosseti would have painted me and buried his poems with me.(probably )

Good idea... :)

Caatherine actually prefers it this way. (no kidding)

Time to get a new 'friend', Deja?

Date just occured to me ..I'm watching Sky Atlantic. Les Miserables is on.

21 years ago today Ryan Giggs scored THAT goal against arsenal in the FA cup semi final..
    And I saw Les Mis in The Point Depot with the absolutely brilliant Colm T Wilkinson.....best Jean Valjean of all time imo

Date just occured to me ..I'm watching Sky Atlantic. Les Miserables is on.

21 years ago today Ryan Giggs scored THAT goal against arsenal in teh FA cup semi final..
    And I saw Les Mis in The Point Depot with the absolutely brilliant Colm T Wilkinson.....best Jean Valjean of all time imo

Absolutely with you on Colm T

Ryan Giggs goal? Still remember it. Still breaks my heart.

Absolutely with you on Colm T

Ryan Giggs goal? Still remember it. Still breaks my heart.

Funny what sticks in your mind...was watching the game in a small hotel in clodalkin..sat down with a Dub and his Nigerian buddy who were Utd supporters...they worked with esso or somesuch..and we got the Nigerian lad absolutely scuttered on Guinness :D

• Advertisement

Funny what sticks in your mind...was watching the game in a small hotel in clodalkin..sat down with a Dub and his Nigerian buddy who were Utd supporters...they worked with esso or somesuch..and we got the Nigerian lad absolutely scuttered on Guinness :D

You are right about what sticks in your mind. Can remember vividly unimportant stuff, what I was wearing, who I was with. Other "more important" stuff might be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Had a lovely pamper session , all with the dulcet tones of Chester Bennington and Linkin Park blasting away , it's the little things :)

ETA,
    The pic I was trying to attach earlier?
    Google Hanging Naked Men flowers , it's a type of orchid .
    Ye can thank me later :p

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Had a lovely pamper session , all with the dulcet tones of Chester Bennington and Linkin Park blasting away , it's the little things :)

ETA,

You've got style Mam :D

Couchside, watching random old MMA and boxing bouts, listening to Vinnie Paz and eating peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Watching a bbc thing on netflix called McMafia, could get interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Cali_girl wrote: »
    You've got style Mam :D

Couchside, watching random old MMA and boxing bouts, listening to Vinnie Paz and eating peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon.

Had to Google Vinnie Paz (sorry! ) , now The Ghost I Used To Be is playing here !
    I have weird taste in music , from Andrea Bocelli to ZZTop and everything in between
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

ETA,

My December is a classic LP tune :)

Enjoy the Easter eggs :D

Autosport wrote: »
    My December is a classic LP tune :)

Enjoy the Easter eggs :D

I wonder how do you comince the Easter Bunny to bring you some of those? !

Had to Google Vinnie Paz (sorry! ) , now The Ghost I Used To Be is playing here !
    I have weird taste in music , from Andrea Bocelli to ZZTop and everything in between
    :)

Aw love that too. Try "Last Breath" from God of the Serengeti if you like that, it's completely hypnotic, more chilled version of Vinnie and my go to running tune. You might enjoy it. Vinnie Paz is the original Philly Italian-American blue-collar boxer tunester! An interesting cat all in all.

I'm same re music Mam, from Handel/Bach to classic/romantics/impressionists all the way through todays whatever. But mostly blues/indie/California alt-metal/old 90's rap :pac:
    Never got the whole musicals thing though :eek:

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I wonder how do you comince the Easter Bunny to bring you some of those? !

Yes do tell Auto...
    (asking for next year) :D

• Advertisement

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Yes do tell Auto...
    (asking for next year) :D

Wow....just wow..I just noticed you are cali_girl not call_girl. :D
    Blame my old eyes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement