Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

36 in Kerry today

Extraordinary high number for Kerry but no surprise when you seen the Cork numbers over the last couple of weeks it was only a matter of time especially with students travelling.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Id say Listowel races 2 weeks ago hasn't helped!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

I'd say communion parties have a lot to answer for

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

A brainless decision to allow that go ahead and not only allow but encourage visitors from the Covid 19 hotspots because they had booked their accommodation last year.

A few people around where I am have tested positive, others are showing signs of infection and waiting on test results and of course their close contacts are self isolating and waiting too.

It's stretching west of Kenmare.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭kerry cow

36 in Kerry today

is that 36 today or 36 in total live cases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

kerry cow wrote: »
    is that 36 today or 36 in total live cases

New cases today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭kerry cow

looks like its getting out of control .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

We were doing so well in Kerry. Such a shame to see it get so bad now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Timistry

Level 4 on the way nationally surely

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Timistry wrote: »
    Level 4 on the way nationally surely

It'll be more than that I'd say. Full lockdown coming in the next few weeks I'd say, remains to be seen how long it would last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

Id say its gonna be level 5. Cant see nphet recommending anything less than what they recommended last week when the situation is getting worse. The trick is keeping the teachers on board, hence the extra long mid term, cos teachers won't want to work when no one else is. Its a shame the government didn't go for level 5 this week. Delay is a dangerous strategy with this virus. Probably focusing on the budget and putting this on the long finger. Not wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

Anyone know if the 14-day cumulative number of COVID-19 cases per 100,000 for Cork and Kerry is published anywhere? I can find the daily case numbers, but not the rate (that would be helpful to compare with other regions).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think Listowel might be a bit of a hotspot, with an unknown number open to infection, with even CAB members being on the list after their raid last week. Also, a Jumbo's employee waltzed off on a trip with some of her pals, to Turkey I think, and then came back to return to work without any quarantining whatsoever, hence Jumbo's closing until the threat's gone. The same people connected to these "events", and who are supposed to be self isolating, are roaming the streets as if Covid doesn't exist. Stupidity on a grand scale.:mad:

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I think Listowel might be a bit of a hotspot, with an unknown number open to infection, with even CAB members being on the list after their raid last week. Also, a Jumbo's employee waltzed off on a trip with some of her pals, to Turkey I think, and then came back to return to work without any quarantining whatsoever, hence Jumbo's closing until the threat's gone. The same people connected to these "events", and who are supposed to be self isolating, are roaming the streets as if Covid doesn't exist. Stupidity on a grand scale.:mad:

The sooner they bring in fines, the better. Fined, named and shamed. Instead of a few pages in Kerry's Eye dedicated to motoring offences, lock ins and TV licence dodgers, let's have a few pages dedicated to the COVID spreaders. Those responsible for forcing the elderly and the vulnerable to live in permanent lock down while they swan off on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Any idea what the cases were yesterday. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Any idea what the cases were yesterday. Thanks.

We won't know until tomorrow - county breakdowns are always 2 days behind unless you're in the top 5 counties with the highest cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

• Registered Users Posts: 85,032 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Kerry Gardai restricting movements over positive case

No traffic core in Kerry . Where's my car 😂

• Advertisement

embraer170 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 14-day cumulative number of COVID-19 cases per 100,000 for Cork and Kerry is published anywhere? I can find the daily case numbers, but not the rate (that would be helpful to compare with other regions).

Kerry: 113.1
    Cork: 180.7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

Kerry: 113.1
    Cork: 180.7

Thanks

And changes in county rates since Level 3 was announced:

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1315716910366027777

• Registered Users Posts: 85,032 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

141 in Cork, 62 in Wexford, 51 in Kerry

That's a shocking number for here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

That's pretty big!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Indeed probably a mix of the Traffic Core and Listowel Fire Brigade Crew.

Looks ominous at this stage.

Newtown90 wrote: »
    Indeed probably a mix of the Traffic Core and Listowel Fire Brigade Crew.

Looks ominous at this stage.

The Fire Brigade as well!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Yes had been told earlier today about it and seen it on Killarney Today aswell

https://www.killarneytoday.com/business-continuity-plan-put-in-place-by-council/

Advertisement