Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭kerry cow

kerry folk are generally a conscious bunch , and mask up , hand sanitise , keep their distance , and as can be seen , have been pretty good to avoid the tourists as much as possible , we all doing our bit, not dropping our guard helps to keep us all safe and the virus out .
    keep it up .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

A lot of locals around here have avoided Dingle and the popular spots like Inch, Ventry etc as much as possible during the summer. It's very quiet now during the week but still busy at weekends, and there are still a lot of camper vans around, most with GB regs. I don't think I've seen anyone in a shop without a mask but I tend to be there early or late so I've no idea what it's like during the day. Regardless, all it takes is one case to pass it on to others etc so it's a case of wash, mask and distance for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

lottpaul wrote: »
    A lot of locals around here have avoided Dingle and the popular spots like Inch, Ventry etc as much as possible during the summer. It's very quiet now during the week but still busy at weekends, and there are still a lot of camper vans around, most with GB regs. I don't think I've seen anyone in a shop without a mask but I tend to be there early or late so I've no idea what it's like during the day. Regardless, all it takes is one case to pass it on to others etc so it's a case of wash, mask and distance for the foreseeable.

As locals that live in the Dingle area, our impression especially during the warmer weeks of the summer (note I didn't say months, this has been a cold, wet summer,) talking with shopkeepers, the volume of tourists was as high as ever. We tried to be very diligent about masks, but to this day I see people not wearing them in shops. Never 100% compliance. At least once I've run into employees in shops not wearing them either.

What most of us locals did was minimize our trips into town to avoid contact. It made for a boring time, but better to be bored than spread illness.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

lottpaul wrote: »

I definitely avoided going to Dingle this summer, as I knew it would be too busy. Hoping to go there soon though as its been over a year since we were there (and we only live in Tralee!). We were in Killarney once as we had to pick something up, and it was in July so the masks weren't really a thing yet. It wasn't as busy as usual, but probably got busier since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭wonga77

Ive seen little or no english tourists around and i live and work in south kerry

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

1 case for Kerry today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭kerry cow

seemly a national school in North kerry has 2 kids and classes sent home .can anyone confirm that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

wonga77 wrote: »
    Ive seen little or no english tourists around and i live and work in south kerry
    Likewise, seen mostly people coming down from Dublin, Kildare and Cork
    very few GB plates

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

South Kerry Football Championship Final called off on Sunday

"Unfortunately following instruction from the HSE the South Kerry Final has been postponed until further notice due to notification of a Covid issue arising in the past 24 hours"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

12 cases is a big jump. A few in the schools in Listowel apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,981 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

12 cases is a big jump. A few in the schools in Listowel apparently.

I understand that it's the one national school.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I understand that it's the one national school.

Have they had communion/confirmation there yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

1 school and 1 class in Listowel as far as I heard. Whole class was tested today. Communions Sat before last, bound to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

cyning wrote: »
    1 school and 1 class in Listowel as far as I heard. Whole class was tested today. Communions Sat before last, bound to happen.

So Tralee next, then. I wonder how many will abide by the new social contacts guidelines and scale back the parties?

That's very worrying! I really hope we don't go in the same direction as Donegal!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

My young lad knows of two definite and one probable case of young people around Kenmare area.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,981 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Have they had communion/confirmation there yet?

I know nothing more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Passed by the test centre in Tralee today, I thought the queue in drive through McDonald’s was big but wasn’t a patch on the corona queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭barryribs

21 cases today for Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Hopefully a backlog of some form?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

I doubt it. I think kerry numbers are going to increase rapidly over the next few weeks.

We are going to be in trouble soon and onto level 3 before we know it.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    We are going to be in trouble soon and onto level 3 before we know it.

Near to no cases since March then the schools are open, what do they expect?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Looks like the influx of holidaymakers from Cork and Dublin took a while to make a impact, but now its here well and truly.

Ironically 3 of the cases around Kenmare are rumoured to originate from a children's party held in Cork !!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

Significant outbreak in north kerry and smaller clusters scattered around the county. Pubs opened, communions taking place, schools open,colleges open. This is only going one way. And fast.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Looks like the influx of holidaymakers from Cork and Dublin took a while to make a impact, but now its here well and truly.

Hardly. They've been coming since July. Much more likely being driven by schools and other restrictions being loosened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Hardly. They've been coming since July. Much more likely being driven by schools and other restrictions being loosened.

First communion parties. Anyone holding one is an ape

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Yes, thinking about it a bit more, your suggestion is more likely..

• Advertisement

First communion parties. Anyone holding one is an ape

Even the ceremony itself is a brain dead decision to be allowed go ahead, I passed Kenmare church today about noon and it was chaotic outside it with people mingling everywhere all dressed up and not a mask in sight.

Advertisement