Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Presume hes not living in Dublin anymore? He was one of the team captains on Number One, RTE music quiz.

he still lives in stepaside.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Sac O Spuds

Radio5 wrote: »
    No strictly Irish but Joe Elliott from Def Lepard. He & his missus used to be at all 'society' events back in the good old days, part of the South Dublin set. No a word of them now.

They split up and she was going out with Conrad Gallagher for a while. She ran into financial difficulties and ended up on welfare.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1345466/Karla-Elliott-married-rock-star-shes-living-benefits.html

I remember they used to be regulars on the social columns of the Sunday Independent back in the day. Barry Egan Lilies Bordelli etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

he still lives in stepaside.

That makes sense. About a year I was in a pub in the Dublin city centre. It was just myself and the barman and we were chatting away when Joe Elliot came in and asked if he could use the toilet. He explained he was waiting on a bus.

The pub in question is a stones throw away from where the Stepaside buses go from. We both thought it odd he was getting a bus. But who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Dolores McNamara, the Lotto winner from Limerick. Last heard of her when she got burned in that Eddie Hobbs linked Detroit property fiasco.

Wonder has she much of it left?

Think she was badly advised & Eddie Hobbs seems to be a bit of a, well, probably can't say on here as I don't want my account deleted/banned/suspended etc. & Boards to be sued for defamation.

But what was it, €145 Million?

Like even with hangers on, leeches coming out of the woodwork, she should be very well off; just hope we don't see her on Winning Streak someday if it all runs out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

This is stretching the definition of celebrity very thin but does anyone remember circa 2001 or 2002 RTE showed a fly on the wall documentary following this fella from Dundalk who was trying to make it as a singer despite not having one iota of talent? He came across as an awful delusional gobshyte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

This is stretching the definition of celebrity very thin but does anyone remember circa 2001 or 2002 RTE showed a fly on the wall documentary following this fella from Dundalk who was trying to make it as a singer despite not having one iota of talent? He came across as an awful delusional gobshyte.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him

A man with no singing talent bankrolled by another brainwashed disciple of Tony Quinn, a disturbing watch.

There is a cropped grainy version of it here

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/dgtuf/marcus_a_young_irish_man_his_attempt_at_achieving/

Skid X wrote: »

A man with no singing talent bankrolled by another brainwashed disciple of Tony Quinn, a disturbing watch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/dgtuf/marcus_a_young_irish_man_his_attempt_at_achieving/

Yes that's it. I had a feeling there was some involvement by Tony Quinn. Yer man backing it sunk the guts of a million quid into the whole fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Yer man backing it sunk the guts of a million quid into the whole fiasco.

He was also involved in Steorn, the perpetual motion company.

Skid X wrote: »

Just watched it again. It's like an episode of Paths to Freedom. That Quinn follower Pat (didn't give his full name or I missed it) must have been bankrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Marcus Henry Fearon. You can find him on facebook, he's over in Thailand. Set up a production studio, Miracle Studios. (Now defunct).

Apparently he works for a Private jet company, Xjet. Or did. Think he's back in Ireland at the moment.

• Advertisement

Weirdly googling his name reveals that he was planning on marrying (a very attractive) woman in 2016. I was convinced that him and this Pat fella were an item and that was one of the reasons why the latter was indulging him to such ridiculous lengths.

Marcus Henry Fearon. You can find him on facebook, he's over in Thailand. Set up a production studio, Miracle Studios. (Now defunct).

Apparently he works for a Private jet company, Xjet. Or did. Think he's back in Ireland at the moment.
    XJet is owned either by Tony Quinn or someone in his cult.

XJet is owned either by Tony Quinn or someone in his cult.

Course it is... suppose he has to 'pay back' all that money he was funded. Jesus, must be 20 years now working that off.

Sad that that marriage didn't seem to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I see him most mornings in town on the way to work, think he's back in the Civil Service now, still has his (what's left of top head) long hair, wears weird suits still

Saw him at a wedding about five years ago. Have to say he was very friendly type

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Cube98

Eoghan McDermott

He's been mentioned in dispatches throughout this thread but just to say "Controversial Celebrity Chef" Conrad Gallagher is being interviewed by Niamh Horan in todays Sunday Independent; presumably in the Life magazine.

The boom is back baby, the boom is back!

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    He's been mentioned in dispatches throughout this thread but just to say "Controversial Celebrity Chef" Conrad Gallagher is being interviewed by Niamh Horan in todays Sunday Independent; presumably in the Life magazine.

He'll get a soft as hell interview there. Conrad been dodging people he owes lots of money to.

Possibly not the greatest businessman this man has produced but the man can cook.

Possibly not the greatest businessman this man has produced but the man can cook.

Being able to cook a dinner is one thing, not paying your employees, people you do business with, and the folks who made the sign outside your building is something else entirely.

(The sign was eventually repossessed).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I wouldn't call her a celerity but Breda O'Brien and the son seem to have disappeared!(The one's involved in IONA)

• Advertisement

I wouldn't call her a celerity but Breda O'Brien and the son seem to have disappeared!(The one's involved in IONA)

It just struck me there that while I know her name and who she is I wouldnt be able to pick her out of an identity parade. Googling there I also just made the discovery that her husband is that red haired hippy looking fella who as an audience member went off on an almighty self indulgent waffle when Richard Dawkins appeared on the LLS in 2006. Hes pops up at the 1:54 minute mark.

Didn't she get some massive payout from RTE when Rory O'Neill said something about her?
    (As far as I was concerned, he was 'egged on' by Brendan O'Connor. It was on his chatshow.)

I'd say the Iona institute are just hanging in the background, waiting on the next religious issue to rail for/against.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Seemed to be under the impression that every penny the restaurant charged was for him to do as he pleased with, Rock star lifestyle on a other peoples wages is not something that will last

It just struck me there that while I know her name and who she is I wouldnt be able to pick her out of an identity parade. Googling there I also just made the discovery that her husband is that red haired hippy looking fella who as an audience member went off on an almighty self indulgent waffle when Richard Dawkins appeared on the LLS in 2006. Hes pops up at the 3:00 minute mark.

Side note but wouldn't it be great if people could ring or text in to the Late Late like they clearly did in this episode of the show?

As for Mrs. O'Briens other half nothing would cause me to leave the room quicker than if he & his chums sat down to chat Dawkins!!

Side note but wouldn't it be great if people could ring or text in to the Late Late like they clearly did in this episode of the show?

As for Mrs. O'Briens other half nothing would cause me to leave the room quicker than if he & his chums sat down to chat Dawkins!!

Brendan Conroy is his name.

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/the-irish-mail-on-sunday/20150301/281831462189281

Seemed to be under the impression that every penny the restaurant charged was for him to do as he pleased with, Rock star lifestyle on a other peoples wages is not something that will last

Jesus, he did live it up too. But he needed someone to reign him in. He was spending like crazy.
    And charging huge amounts for the stuff he made.

I know he worked in the States, cooking for serious clients, and I think he thought he could live a similar 'lifestyle' here that he did over there.
    Apparently, 'Conrad' isn't his real name, he just used it for business purposes... and to possibly hide from people he owed money.

Remember that 'show' he did where he was meant to be looking for 'the next head chef' for his restaurant, or to start their own restaurant... I dunno.
    Show did one series, then a 'celebrity' version. One of the shows was 'meant' to air the final live... only problem was, Conrad owed folks money... so they had to pre-record the final.

Clip below if anyone remembers the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

Una Healy
    Erm I'm not doing this right am I

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Jesus, he did live it up too. But he needed someone to reign him in. He was spending like crazy.
    And charging huge amounts for the stuff he made.

I know he worked in the States, cooking for serious clients, and I think he thought he could live a similar 'lifestyle' here that he did over there.
    Apparently, 'Conrad' isn't his real name, he just used it for business purposes... and to possibly hide from people he owed money.

Remember that 'show' he did where he was meant to be looking for 'the next head chef' for his restaurant, or to start their own restaurant... I dunno.
    Show did one series, then a 'celebrity' version. One of the shows was 'meant' to air the final live... only problem was, Conrad owed folks money... so they had to pre-record the final.

Clip below if anyone remembers the show.

They'd be known for being dodgy for generations in Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Are you his dad., and did you produce better businessmen who weren’t as productive in the kitchen ?

• Advertisement

doughef wrote: »
    Are you his dad., and did you produce better businessmen who weren’t as productive in the kitchen ?

what?

Advertisement