Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My €100m BEAM scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

No sign of BEAM here but BEEP was paid yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭sonnybill

tanko wrote: »
    It exploded, it can't cope with all the money you're getting lately:D

I wish, no sign of the Beam my end though

• Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

sonnybill wrote: »
    The financial tab is down/ unavailable now for me

There's down time every night in financial services on agfood

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Does anyone know for sure if animals sold in a mart which are bought by a factory agent or dealer and killed within 30 days of sale are eligible for the €100/head payment to the farmer who sold them in the mart?
    They were suppose to be included. I presume that they did not show in your application. Did you contact the BEAM section at the time. We didn't have any so I'm not 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭morphy87

Do ye reckon there will be another beam payment this time next year considering the price of beef was lower this year compared to last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

Base price wrote: »
    They were suppose to be included. I presume that they did not show in your application. Did you contact the BEAM section at the time. We didn't have any so I'm not 100%.

No, didn't show on application. Appealed it, computer said no, have the option of appealing it further.

No, didn't show on application. Appealed it, computer said no, have the option of appealing it further.
    I would appeal it again as you have nothing to loose. I assume you have a list of tag numbers that you can show were slaughtered within 30 days of sale through the herd number that bought them off you/through the mart.

9.2 - "Where an animal under 9.1.1 has been presented for slaughter by an agent or by a dealer within 30 days of purchase, including those purchased in the mart, payment may issue to the immediate previous herdowner or in respect of the previous eligible herdnumber, where that herdowner is an applicant"
    https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/farmingschemesandpayments/beefexceptionalaidmeasure/BEAMTANDC150819.pdf

Yeah, i have all that info, the word "may" is all very vague in the terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

I would appeal it again as you have nothing to loose. I assume you have a list of tag numbers that you can show were slaughtered within 30 days of sale through the herd number that bought them off you/through the mart.

9.2 - "Where an animal under 9.1.1 has been presented for slaughter by an agent or by a dealer within 30 days of purchase, including those purchased in the mart, payment may issue to the immediate previous herdowner or in respect of the previous eligible herdnumber, where that herdowner is an applicant"
    https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/farmingschemesandpayments/beefexceptionalaidmeasure/BEAMTANDC150819.pdf

Would agree with Base price 100%, make sure you appeal this decision. Page 5 of the Terms & Conditions reads 'Where an animal under 9.1.1 has been presented for slaughter by an agent or by a dealer within 30 days of purchase, including those purchased in the mart, payment MAY issue to the immediate previous herdowner or in respect of the previous eligible herdnumber, where that herdowner is an applicant. This paragraph is too open to interpretation for my liking, especially the use of the word 'MAY'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Anyone know when beam will be paid this month

• Advertisement

It is supposed to be in December so I guess any time from now until Christmas.
    My BDGP money was paid on Dec 14th last year so there is still potential days to be paid this no month.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    It is supposed to be in December so I guess any time from now until Christmas.
    My BDGP money was paid on Dec 14th last year so there is still potential days to be paid this no month.

Payment runs are only once a week now, well for bps anyway.

Would any one here be able to tell me is there any where online that I can check my current stocking rate and check what my rate was during this reference period? Just trying to figure out where I stand

• Registered Users Posts: 18,166 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

morphy87 wrote: »
    Would any one here be able to tell me is there any where online that I can check my current stocking rate and check what my rate was during this reference period? Just trying to figure out where I stand

On agfood.ie your nitrates statements to end of october will be available.

As well if a member of ICBF you can look it up under reports and stock numbers

Slava Ukrainii

On agfood.ie your nitrates statements to end of october will be available.

As well if a member of ICBF you can look it up under reports and stock numbers

Sound for that is it hard to register for that? Would you know off hand the figures for under 12 months and under 24 months and under 36 months? I think I may be tight as I was the guts of two months late selling my cattle,also if you bought cattle on the last day of a month what way would that work or sold cattle in the first day of a month?

If you log onto agfood - you can view your BEAM application - there contains all the relevant figures

I've been keeping an eye on the status of our application and I noticed yesterday that it said "pass". Today it says "complete".

Hopefully payment will issue shortly. If you wish to check the status of your application log onto Agfood and click on Exceptional Aid Measures.
    Edit: just read that payments are beginning to be issued.
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/beam-payments-worth-e75-million-begin-to-issue/

whelan2 wrote: »
    Same here on my dad's application

Creed announced BEAM payments have commenced, mine has changed on agfood to ‘claim complete’

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Farmer Dan

Shown on agfood now.
    Payment date for 16th.

Farmer Dan wrote: »
    Shown on agfood now.
    Payment date for 16th.

Same as that but pittance in comparison to what hit we took on our stock price wise, no good for the smaller suckler man anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

sonnybill wrote: »
    Same as that but pittance in comparison to what hit we took on our stock price wise, no good for the smaller suckler man anyway

It will be interesting in time how many will read the payment due to not reducing numbers ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

Bellview wrote: »
    It will be interesting in time how many will read the payment due to not reducing numbers ...

Could well happen here, but that's fine. Interest free loan at a time when money is tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Grueller wrote: »
    Could well happen here, but that's fine. Interest free loan at a time when money is tight.

Thats it exactly, theres no penalty for not meeting the terms, its a free shot, its unlikely I'll make the limit but you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Aravo

For the Beam scheme am I correct in thinking that if one had a few culls to go later in year it would be best to have them gone prior to 01/july 2020. So the reduced numbers (reduced kg) has to commence for this date and up until this date you can work away.

Aravo wrote: »
    For the Beam scheme am I correct in thinking that if one had a few culls to go later in year it would be best to have them gone prior to 01/july 2020. So the reduced numbers (reduced kg) has to commence for this date and up until this date you can work away.

The reduced numbers doesn’t have to start on July 1st 2020. It’s calculated over the following 12 months but the simplest way do do it would be to reduce numbers from the start which is what i will do.

No, wait until after the 1st of July 2020. The period for reduction is from 1/7/2020 to the 30/6/2021.
    I edited my post after reading Tanko's below as it could cause confusion.

The reference period for reduction is July 01 2018 to June 30 2019.
    From July 01 2020 to June 30 2021 you have to have 5% less stock or kgs or whatever it is so it would be better to have those cull cows gone before July this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Would be handy if there was a planning tool linked to stock on aim, with options of putting in predicted sale dates, purchases and births to track progress

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Aravo

No, wait until after the 1st of July 2020. The reference period for reduction is from 1/7/2020 to the 30/6/2021.

My reading of things is that you must have your reduction in place from 01/07/20 to 30/06/21. So you cant sell off at end of May 2021 and say that you are then compliant.

• Advertisement

My reading of things is that you must have your reduction in place from 01/07/20 to 30/06/21. So you cant sell off at end of May 2021 and say that you are then compliant.

It's the average number of number of stock (age dependant of course) over the 12 month period that matters.
    If you sold enough cattle at the end of May 21 you could still be compliant.

Advertisement