Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My €100m BEAM scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

And why wouldn't they be?? The 330,000 head of prime cattle finished on dairy farms were used as justification to the EU for funding by the govt. Why should a dairy farmer that finishes Angus, Hereford, limousin etc be excluded??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Why don’t they increase the €100 to €120 and the €40 to €50 to all those those that applied. End of story. And I’d be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I don’t see why they shouldn’t, it was offered to the ‘beef only’ men, and they didn’t want it...

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭valtra2

Will they ask the dairy men to reduce nitrates if so then no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭High bike

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Why don’t they increase the €100 to €120 and the €40 to €50 to all those those that applied. End of story. And I’d be happy.
    or better still why don’t they give th suckler man 100e per cow which it should have been in the first place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

High bike wrote: »
    or better still why don’t they give th suckler man 100e per cow which it should have been in the first place

suppose there is no chance they will treat beef in the same way as dairy was in the quota days... ie if the country is under quota then no penalties... so if there were 5% less sucklers in the country then regardless of what happen in individual herds there would be no penalty...

Probably because it was the finisher who took the biggest beating last winter and he will pass it back to the suckler man this autumn anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Xcool

what about farmers not in quantity assurance or glas scheme ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭High bike

Probably because it was the finisher who took the biggest beating last winter and he will pass it back to the suckler man this autumn anyway.
    exactly and who will the suckler man pass it to, no one because he’s the man that keeps the cow for 12 mts and the calf for 8/9 mts and gets offered 40e ****ing euro for his trouble .What a ****ing joke any suckler farmer that signed up to that needs his head examined

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

I don’t see why they shouldn’t, it was offered to the ‘beef only’ men, and they didn’t want it...
    I didnt quailify trust me I do want it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

The only thing the finisher passes back is low prices.
    Don’t finishers work off a margin, the poor suckler farmer is nailed straight away :-(

Suckler farmers should be aiming for good U grade 300-350kg to go on the boat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

exactly and who will the suckler man pass it to, no one because he’s the man that keeps the cow for 12 mts and the calf for 8/9 mts and gets offered 40e ****ing euro for his trouble .What a ****ing joke any suckler farmer that signed up to that needs his head examined
    Agree €40 isn’t much
    but with lots reducing or exiting it might help

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

Xcool wrote: »
    what about farmers not in quantity assurance or glas scheme ???????

If you agree to join the Bord Bia QA scheme now or are in the BDGP that will qualify you for the BEAM scheme.
    Im not sure if the BEEP scheme qualifies a farmer for BEAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Xcool

anyone i have meet who are in those schemes say they are a waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭50HX

Is not signing up going to increase the payment?

Less is more in the suckler game now I think

Reps,glas, bdgp, beep, beam etc.....keep em coming...won't make it out of selling weanlings anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

50HX wrote: »
    Is not signing up going to increase the payment?

Less is more in the suckler game now I think

Reps,glas, bdgp, beep, beam etc.....keep em coming...won't make it out of selling weanlings anyway

A farmer with off farm employment and maybe getting €20+/hr probably sees it as not worth their while, but they're useful top ups if you're not so lucky.
    I can't believe there's relief milkers working for €50 but if you need it it's not to be belittlled, every little helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭50HX

wrangler wrote: »
    A farmer with off farm employment and maybe getting €20+/hr probably sees it as not worth their while, but they're useful top ups if you're not so lucky.
    I can't believe there's relief milkers working for €50 but if you need it it's not to be belittlled, every little helps.

Would consider them useful top ups regardless of off farm income but I hear what you are saying

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

50HX wrote: »
    Would consider them useful top ups regardless of off farm income but I hear what you are saying

Better chance of getting money with those schemes than hoping for a price increase on produce

Has anyone successfully appealed a BEAM scheme application where they sent animals to a mart which were bought by a dealer or an agent and killed within 30 days of purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

Heard today from a man in the know that it might not be paid out until next january,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,200 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Heard today from a man in the know that it might not be paid out until next january,

Jayus I heard different again from a man in the know. I heard that it will be paid out in the first two week in December and there ill be a 42% top up because of the lads that did not apply.

TBH I ignore lads in the know.

Slava Ukrainii

Does anyone know for sure if animals sold in a mart which are bought by a factory agent or dealer and killed within 30 days of sale are eligible for the €100/head payment to the farmer who sold them in the mart?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

tanko wrote: »
    Does anyone know for sure if animals sold in a mart which are bought by a factory agent or dealer and killed within 30 days of sale are eligible for the €100/head payment to the farmer who sold them in the mart?

Check ur agfood, it’s up for payment since yesterday

Checked there, have been paid on the calves alrite.
    Think i should get paid on some cows i sold in the mart that were killed soon after but haven't been. Was just wondering has anyone been paid for animals they sold in the mart which were killed within a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭sonnybill

tanko wrote: »
    Checked there, have been paid on the calves alrite.
    Think i should get paid on some cows i sold in the mart that were killed soon after but haven't been. Was just wondering has anyone been paid for animals they sold in the mart which were killed within a month?

The financial tab is down/ unavailable now for me

sonnybill wrote: »
    The financial tab is down/ unavailable now for me

It exploded, it can't cope with all the money you're getting lately:D

No beam paid here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Grueller

No beam paid here yet.

Nor here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Looked into the exceptional aid measures section on agfood. Can see the application for the first time in a while and it says ready for prepayment validation. So they must be getting ready to pay soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,141 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Looked into the exceptional aid measures section on agfood. Can see the application for the first time in a while and it says ready for prepayment validation. So they must be getting ready to pay soon

Same here on my dad's application

Advertisement