Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Pimblett, even though I like him, is such an average fighter. The fact that the commentators were talking about a potential draw shows how crooked cage warriors is.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Would like to see Dylan Tuke fight Pimblett, big scalp to take if he can beat him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

They've given him such a big hand up in the past wouldn't have been surprised if he'd managed to get a result last night too! If he really wants to go as far as he says he dies then maybe last night is the wake up call he needs. He can keep on beating the guys they feed to him or he can take some time out and really try improve everything and then come back and see where it takes him. Fighting every 3 or 4 months isn't going to help his development especially with all the cutting. Must have been incredibly painful behind the scenes seeing their golden bigger beat then the new champ saying he's off on holiday and the only person allowed to call him is the boss of another promotion!

I could see Jack Grant getting a shot at some point presumably on a UK card. Certainly knows how to finish and likes to try some different stuff like the jumping knee while being in the middle of a single leg!

I'm not a BJJ practitioner, but how the hell did paddy not finish that choke in the first round? It was sunk under the chin. Just not a strong enough squeeze?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Roar wrote: »
    My recording cut off bang on 11, half way through round 2. Bah.

Mine did that too. For this very reason I always record the programme after every Cage Warriors and UFC Fight Night event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭cletus

dulux99 wrote: »
    I'm not a BJJ practitioner, but how the hell did paddy not finish that choke in the first round? It was sunk under the chin. Just not a strong enough squeeze?

The choke was deep, you could see the discomfort on Bak's face, but Pimblet's forearm was under Bak's chin, rather than his elbow. This means he was sqeezing the windpipe instead of the carotid. Bak probably would have tapped to it in training, but had it been positioned better, he would have went out, just like the fight earlier in the night (the fighter escapes me at the moment).

Also, if Pimblet had the arm further around so he was on the carotids, it would have been easier to secure his hand on his own bicep, especially with the gloves on.

Make no mistake though, the choke was tight and Bak was in pain, and in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

selassie wrote: »
    Would like to see Dylan Tuke fight Pimblett, big scalp to take if he can beat him.

https://twitter.com/TheNukeTuke/status/1036914575390789633

califano wrote: »

Looks like those ads for how to recognise somebody having a stroke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Strange pic to use for a poster alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Will Bellator 206 be live on the uk Paramount channel this saturday or will i have to stream it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

ricero wrote: »
    Will Bellator 206 be live on the uk Paramount channel this saturday or will i have to stream it ?

I dont think so I always have to stream it, great card this weekend

Rory v Moussai for the mw title
    Rampage v Wandy for a bit of nostalgia
    Lima v Koreshkov In the ww tournament
    Pico v some lad from the street.

Really looking forward to the main event

ASOT wrote: »
    I dont think so I always have to stream it, great card this weekend

Rory v Moussai for the mw title
    Rampage v Wandy for a bit of nostalgia
    Lima v Koreshkov In the ww tournament
    Pico v some lad from the street.

Really looking forward to the main event

Banger of an event really. Can't wait for it. The top 3 are amazing fights and I'm very intrigued to see Pico again.

Banger of an event really. Can't wait for it. The top 3 are amazing fights and I'm very intrigued to see Pico again.

I'm actually getting giddy thinking of the main event, it's going to be bloody I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The main event should be a great fight. Two very evenly matched fighters in terms of skill. I actually think they are possible the best 170 and 185lb fighters on the planet, if not number 2 on their respective divisions for Rory the only question is who's better between himself, Woodley and Askren and I'd fancy Mousassi over any of the top 5 at MW in the UFC.
    Mousassi is a much bigger man though and has fought and beaten men a lot bigger than Rory but you can never underestimate Rory.

The main event should be a great fight. Two very evenly matched fighters in terms of skill. I actually think they are possible the best 170 and 185lb fighters on the planet, if not number 2 on their respective divisions. Mousassi is a much biggean though and has fought and beaten men a lot bigger than Rory but you can never underestimate Rory.

Agree with all of this, that's why it's such an exciting fight.

Ha, I suggested Mousassi was the best MW around a couple of months back and was laughed at for it. Definitely right up there.

Ha, I suggested Mousassi was the best MW around a couple of months back and was laughed at for it. Definitely right up there.

Still crazy how easy the UFC let him go. I wonder if he'd go back, I'd love to see him fight Bobby knuckles (who I think is the best mw in the world) that would be some scrap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Channel 5 3am live this Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Porthallian

but1er wrote: »

War Gegard!

• Advertisement

but1er wrote: »

Over on this side of the pond were still getting a raw deal. Can't record that channel. Better than nothing I suppose but it doesn't stop me from (allegedly ;) ) downloading it illegally the next day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I setting up a video camera point at tv and recording it live or getting a lend of a vhs video player.

I really like the look of this Kasper Formela guy on cage warriors. "the polish Machida" is his nickname. I like it!

I really like the look of this Kasper Formela guy on cage warriors. "the polish Machida" is his nickname. I like it!

Just as I post this he wilts and gets stopped. What a fight! F*cking hell.

Impressive again from Pico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Impressive again from Pico.

Serious power

• Advertisement

Fell asleep and missed the WW fight but, dare I say it, Wandy-Rampage was...good? 2-2 now and, I hate to say it, I'd watch them do it again.

Channel 5 losd of bollox finishing

Ridiculous. It switched over right in the middle of Macdonald's walkout. My, em, service provider has alternative options so I'm ok, but that's pretty embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ridiculous. It switched over right in the middle of Macdonald's walkout. My, em, service provider has alternative options so I'm ok, but that's pretty embarrassing.

What u.s channels are showing it??

It's on DAZN. Streaming service similar to Eleven. If you've a similar service, check your live events/ppv folder.

Mousasi too big and too long so far, jabbing the head off him. Macdonald always marks easily but he was very red inside 90 seconds.

• Advertisement

Macdonald went for a takedown and ended up in guard. Mousasi mounted him pretty easily and battered him. All over early in the second. Borderline easy for mousasi.

Love Rory but mousassi wayyyyyy to big. It was only a matter of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Utter dominance from Mousasi in every area there, thought the fight would last longer but the ground and pound was vicious. Looks like Rory’s nose is broken again, it’ll never be right after what Lawler did to it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gegard just too big, too strong, and too technically brilliant. The guard pass was fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mousassi is the current goat middleweight.

The ufc were bonkers to let him leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I totally agree with you there. He's strong in every area.

I do think that he wanted to leave the UFC though. He was annoyed with the way the title was held up by Bisping so walked away from them.

Rory seems to take an enormous amount of damage. This is the third time at least he's gotten his nose broken, his last win ended up with him not being able to walk and he had to be carried out of the cage. And the Robbie beat down was simply brutal.
    He was an idiot for taking the fight and more unnecessary damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That's one of the most depressing things I've ever seen...

It looks like the fight was fixed but they accidentally told both guys they were the ones taking the dive :pac:

Gegard was 200lbs in the cage on Saturday night, Rory was 189.4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

it was a very notable size difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

That was fairly effortless for Mousasi there at the weekend. He has to be the most relaxed/laid back fighter of all time. Plus his jab is feckin lovely.

P.s Wand v Rampage was entertaining as long as it lasted, wayyyyy better than I thought it would be.

weemcd wrote: »
    That was fairly effortless for Mousasi there at the weekend. He has to be the most relaxed/laid back fighter of all time. Plus his jab is feckin lovely.

P.s Wand v Rampage was entertaining as long as it lasted, wayyyyy better than I thought it would be.

Agree on both counts, although I had unsurprisingly low expectations for Rampage Wandy, so being entertained was a relatively simple thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Bob Sapp. What a punch bag.

Cro Cop changed Bob Sapps life.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

Just curious how much would bellator fighters be getting paid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

There is a wide range, but opening contracts could be $2,000 or $3,000 a fight all the way up to $300,000 which Rampage was paid for his last fight. Generally I believe Bellator is easier going with sponsors so fighters can make significantly more income from sponsors compared to the tight restrictions in the UFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

they could really do with him now, can't think of a fighter I'd rather of seen wear ufc gold along with rory who almost had it (add condit to that)

whatever about beating the likes of weidman or souza he would have every chance of beating the type of fighters gastelum or whittaker are

Dublin Bellator event that was supposed to be held in the Citywest Hotel in December has been called off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Paully D wrote: »
    Dublin Bellator event that was supposed to be held in the Citywest Hotel in December has been called off.

I thought they had that booked for The Point Depot?? I've seen a few Irish fighters recently signed by them posting about fighting in 8 weeks time etc. I just presumed they were talking about that Dublin card.

Advertisement