Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass shooting New Zealand Mosque - MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

LOL
    i don't think they'll have much interest in his nocturnal ramblings, though i might be wrong.

You're not wrong. They don't give a crap what you report, criminals walk: https://youtu.be/XcEYhlDcUUw

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I scoff at the idea that the way to diminish shootings is to make as many people as possible in any public space potential shooters.

I don't know if the possibility of shooting spree shooters diminishes shootings or not, though it is certainly a possibility given that targets are almost invariably places where the victims are expected to be unarmed, but it certainly can diminish the effect of shootings at the time and place that they happen. It has repeatedly proven possible by actual incidents that shooting back at a shooter tends to put a crimp in his plans. It is also proven that those who are granted licenses to carry in the US, the Czech Republic (and Northern Ireland, for however many that happens to be) are no greater a threat to the public than the remainder of the common citizenry.

What you are doing is scoffing at something you don't like, not something that is unsupported by actual examples.

The US, Canada and New Zealand are fairly unique cases in the Western world, in that they are all fairly well scattered with unregistered, lawfully owned firearms. Genies are not going back into the bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

ro_chez wrote: »
    This video sums up the situation perfectly.

All the ignorant, emotional, knee jerk, reactions by most in response to this and other atrocities, ensure that the murderers ultimate goal is a success.

he has succeeded in NOTHING, cos he is NOTHING.

if anything he has brought people together.
    and also ensured that NZ and probably other countries will now rightly tighten their gun laws.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

he has succeeded in NOTHING, cos he is NOTHING.
    All this "he is nothing" emotional self hugging rhetoric might be comforting for some but it actually means sweet eff all. The cold hard nasty reality is this prick "succeeded" in murdering fifty men, women and children in cold blood(and injuring more) in a place of prayer in one of the safest nations on earth. He "succeeded" in gaining historical notoriety and getting his retarded "message" out there. Chances are high he will influence another murdering coward(as he was influenced by previous murdering cowards) and it's likely his actions will fire up the support and justification for revenge attacks by extremists on the "other side".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Wibbs wrote: »
    All this "he is nothing" emotional self hugging rhetoric might be comforting for some but it actually means sweet eff all. The cold hard nasty reality is this prick "succeeded" in murdering fifty men, women and children in cold blood(and injuring more) in a place of prayer in one of the safest nations on earth. He "succeeded" in gaining historical notoriety and getting his retarded "message" out there. Chances are high he will influence another murdering coward(as he was influenced by previous murdering cowards) and it's likely his actions will fire up the support and justification for revenge attacks by extremists on the "other side".

This.

I always wonder if the people who say "he's nothing, he cannot destroy us" about any terrorist actually thinks about wtf they're saying.

It's very, very easy to say that when it's not your family and friends murdered in cold blood.

For the victim's loved ones, he IS something and he HAS destroyed them. No amount of kind words about him not beating us will ever change that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Sad thing is that this crazy guy has probably already inspired many lunatics around the world. 4chan's "pol"(Politically incorrect) will continue promulgate anti-Semitism, Racism, and basically all the nasty ****. The guy posted to 4chan regularly. I have had a look around it a couple of times and stuff people come out with their is actually extremely repulsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Sad thing is that this crazy guy has probably already inspired many lunatics around the world. 4chan's "pol"(Politically incorrect) will continue promulgate anti-Semitism, Racism, and basically all the nasty ****. The guy posted to 4chan regularly. I have had a look around it a couple of times and stuff people come out with their is actually extremely repulsive.

I thought it was 8chan

Wibbs wrote: »

sorry but i don't share your apocalyptic view.

according to his Gran, he had no interest in girls, probably cos he couldn't succeed in getting it up. LOL. that or like many other right-wing fruits he's a repressed homosexual.

why you and your friends feel the need to glorify this sicko is just a sad reflection on you.

and i dont buy this nonsense, "he changed after he visited Pakistan & North Korea".
    truth is he's been a failure all his sorry life.:D

This.

I always wonder if the people who say "he's nothing, he cannot destroy us" about any terrorist actually thinks about wtf they're saying.

It's very, very easy to say that when it's not your family and friends murdered in cold blood.

For the victim's loved ones, he IS something and he HAS destroyed them. No amount of kind words about him not beating us will ever change that.

i accept he has done a lot of hard to innocent people, but his message of hatred will not succeed despite what you may think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

his message of hatred will not succeed despite what you may think.

Then why are the media and politicians acting in the exact way that he wanted and predicted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

why you and your friends feel the need to glorify this sicko is just a sad reflection on you.

These words are the words of a tool.

Where did anybody on here glorify this scumbag? Where did Wibbs do it? Such a daft statement. That calling card of "your friends/mates/pals" rears its head again predictably. What is the obsession with people trying to group anyone they disagree wth into a homogeneous group!?

Omackeral wrote: »
    These words are the words of a tool.

so do you think his actions will "rid" NZ of Muslims? LOL:D

It will polarize people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

You need a break from the internet, your over emotional posts on this thread are embarrassing.

tuxy wrote: »
    It will polarize people.

answer the question if you can.

will his actions rid NZ of its' Muslim population?:D

No, it will be as successful as the 9/11 attacks were on eliminating western attacks on middle eastern countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

What's with all the fūckin grinning faces in your posts? 50 people dead, but it's all grand and smiley cos at least you get to virtue signal.

tuxy wrote: »
    No

well done. you answered correctly. Top marks.
    he is a FAILURE. he knows it. you know it. we all know it.

ironically 'cos he couldn't get it up, the sad little runt is part of "the problem" in that he was incapable of even replacing himself. :D

meanwhile our fecund Muslim brothers keep growing & growing. :D:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

sorry but i don't share your apocalyptic view.
    Where is it "apocalyptic". I'm not sure you know what that means.
    according to his Gran, he had no interest in girls, probably cos he couldn't succeed in getting it up. LOL. that or like many other right-wing fruits he's a repressed homosexual.
    OooooKay... So you've now worked in Gay guys into your frankly idiotic responses and in a not so roundabout way insulted them too? yeah, impotent homosexuals in closets are more likely to be mass murderers. #slowhandclap. Though it does reinforce my general observation that when "LOL" is peppered in a statement as a punctuation mark, what precedes it is almost guaranteed to be headache blindingly stupid and ill considered.
    Can. You. Read? How in christ's name did you interpret anything anyone has said as glorification of this mass murderer? Now I have neither the time nor crayons to try to explain this to you, but suffice to say your imagination is running away with you. For god knows what reason. :confused:
    i accept he has done a lot of hard to innocent people, but his message of hatred will not succeed despite what you may think.
    Talk about naive. Never mind extremely short of memory. Every. Single. Time. something like this happens you have a few memes that too many people follow. Thoughts and prayers being one. Flag shift on their Facebook/Twitter avatar, images of people hugging and "this hatred will never succeed". Yep. Until the next newsflash kicks off spotlighting their naivete. And the meme continues.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

ironically 'cos he couldn't get it up, the sad little runt is part of "the problem" in that he was incapable of even replacing himself. :D

Why do some people have this weird sexual fascination with people they deem to be evil? It's eerily common.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

I'm sure the families of his victims will take great pleasure in virtue signalling like this and you telling everyone he's a failure. I mean let's ignore the atrocity he committed because you believe he's a failure.

annnnnd.... we've jumped the shark of idiocy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

the grinning emojis and the LOLs are disturbing

I'm sure the families of his victims will take great pleasure in virtue signalling like this and you telling everyone he's a failure. I mean let's ignore the atrocity he committed because you believe he's a failure.

i dont think the loved ones of the people this failure slaughtered need me or you to remind them of their loss.

but i do get pleasure in knowing that every time a Muslim baby is born into this world, it's a kick in the teeth for that impotent loser.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_population_growth

i will leave you with this extract, in praise of our Muslim brothers!
    Globally, Muslims have the highest fertility rate, an average of 2.9 children per woman—well above replacement level (2.1) and also a younger age profile (median age of 24) compared to other religious groups.[4] Hindu fertility (2.4) is similar to the global average (2.5).[5] Worldwide, Jewish fertility (2.3 children[6] per woman) also is above replacement level.[7] Most of the religious groups have fertility levels too low to sustain their populations and would require converts to grow or maintain their size: indigenous and tribal religions (1.8 children per woman), other religions (1.7), the unaffiliated (1.7) and Buddhists (1.6).[8]

"This significant projected growth is largely due to the young age and high fertility rate of Muslims".[9][10]
    Happy St. Patrick's Day! :D

i dont think the loved ones of the people this failure slaughtered need me or you to remind them of their loss.

but i do get pleasure in knowing that every time a Muslim baby is born into this world, it's a kick in the teeth for that impotent loser.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_population_growth
    Tipped your hand here. Between the "LOL's" and the smilies and the completely off the wall daft responses it's clear you're a troll. Or... well if I were to be honest here...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

He such a failure that you've spent most of your afternoon in an internet forum talking about him to people you don't even know.

Exactly what he wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,136 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

apparently facebook removed 1.5 million videos of the NZ attack in the first 24 hours.

That's kind of sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It only takes 1 nut job to ruin it for everyone. 50 people dead but that also leaves 50 families devestated as well as all their friends who will miss them too, plus the shock for people who live in the community

• Advertisement

If anything positive could come out of this massacre, perhaps it could be that people are now more aware of the consequences of allowing a dehumanisation of Muslims to grow in western societies?
    Today, online at any rate, Muslims are the most easily and frequently dehumanised group. In every targeted repression of a people, dehumanisation has always been the essential first step. To bring it home to you: "Irish" "Apes". Then, their lives are not as valuable as "full" humans and all sorts of mistreatment can be tolerated and even accepted as legitimate against them.

I really wish many people online could see the very serious consequences, maybe not today or this year or even in the next few years, of an entire people being demeaned and dehumanised over a long period of time. The conditions which facilitated the holocaust against Jews can very conceivably be reproduced to implement against another people. And, as far as I see it, Muslims are at the top of that target list in 2019. Having read widely on the holocaust in the past couple of years, and also visited Auschwitz, I sincerely think people make a mistake if they surmise that humanity could not have another holocaust. Wherever the lives of an identifiable group of people are dehumanised, the grounds for a potential holocaust are being laid.

Advertisement