Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Grandeeod wrote: »
    If it works out at €6.50, you're good to go.

Thanks G! I will update my order. I have big plans for this steak dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Thanks G! I will update my order. I have big plans for this steak dinner :)

Who's the lucky guy Surreptitious?!

I've already had dinner but I'm considering a.k.a definitely ordering a take away:P:P:P

Porklife wrote: »
    Who's the lucky guy Surreptitious?!

I've already had dinner but I'm considering a.k.a definitely ordering a take away:P:P:P

I'm not talking to him. This dinner is for me! I could only enter 500g for the fillet. It's gonna be a whopper. Though it only came to 8.50 and usually when I'm buying at the counter I pay 10 upwards. The beef could be on offer too though.
    Enjoy the take away.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

My OH gifted me some of the Dunnes Stores crisps (black truffle and EVOO, new apparently).

Seriously good crisps, lovely light texture (not hard) and sorta garlicky, delicious.
    Glens of Antrim potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,100 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm not talking to him. This dinner is for me! I could only enter 500g for the fillet. It's gonna be a whopper. Though it only came to 8.50 and usually when I'm buying at the counter I pay 10 upwards. The beef could be on offer too though.
    Enjoy the take away.

8.50s worth of fillet will be awesome S. A full report when you cook that dinner!

• Advertisement

Just demolished a bag of O'Donnells Ballymaloe Relish and cheddar crisps, delicious my gang just ordering Donatellos, I don't want anything but will try to have some pizza when it arrives if only to drive them mad. I have a bottle of white here and there seems to be a hole in it, shouldn't really as very early start (not driving) tomorrow but I'm drowning my sorrows tonight. Would be embarrassed to admit how long it took me to post this lol☺️☺️☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Just demolished a bag of O'Donnells Ballymaloe Relish and cheddar crisps, delicious my gang just ordering Donatellos, I don't want anything but will try to have some pizza when it arrives if only to drive them mad. I have a bottle of white here and there seems to be a hole in it, shouldn't really as very early start (not driving) tomorrow but I'm drowning my sorrows tonight. Would be embarrassed to admit how long it took me to post this lol☺️☺️☺️

you will not be feeling well again after your share bag of o donnells :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

bassy wrote: »
    you will not be feeling well again after your share bag of o donnells :D

Be grand after a few slices of pizza, pizza cures everything.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I just saw the ad for Supervalu. Fillet steak is half price, no wonder it was so cheap! Just saying in case anyone wants to get some.

I just saw the ad for Supervalu. Fillet steak is half price, no wonder it was so cheap! Just saying in case anyone wants to get some.

I usually pay 12 quid for a double pack in there.:eek:

• Advertisement

I usually pay 12 quid for a double pack in there.:eek:

You should stock up. You could always freeze them. I'm guessing January will be a miserable month with everyone bleating on about weight loss and going dry.

nice steak in aldi and good prices :)

bassy wrote: »
    nice steak in aldi and good prices :)

I pay 11 quid for a double pack of fillet in Aldi and they are nice. Have one thawing out for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Did anybody taste the Tayto turkey and stuffing crisps? They are glorious.

Cup of tea and some Celebrations..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Enjoy the take away.

500g is a fair old hunk of cow. A pound is only 454g. Enjoy!

Sorry to be on about the steak again. They gave me 4 steaks cut down. I wanted two tall steaks like you get in decent restaurants.
    Also the Signature Taste bites were sold out in a frenzy.

My tongue is really bad so can't eat much. I might have an edam cheese sambo with red pepper relish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Sweetcorn is lovely but it comes out exactly the same way it goes in, so what nutritional benefits can it possibly offer, if any?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Two beef spring rolls out of the air fryer and a glass of Jameson with mock red bull.

I foresee Bovril and cheese sandwiches on the menu tomorrow.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

fryed spuds,2 chicken burgers and beans.

After that news, a can of Rockshore.:eek:

Mrs G had a homemade burger, mash and beans. Ms G had meat balls instead of a burger. A drop of gravy was included. Apple tart and cream for dessert. I'm having sirloin steak with mash and garden peas later.

• Advertisement

After that news, a can of Rockshore.:eek:

Mrs G had a homemade burger, mash and beans. Ms G had meat balls instead of a burger. A drop of gravy was included. Apple tart and cream for dessert. I'm having sirloin steak with mash and garden peas later.

Rockshore buddies! I am having one too :)

Rockshore buddies! I am having one too :)

I really like the stuff and it was a great price coming up to Christmas. What's up with the fillet steaks? I know it must be a mare trying to order them online.

I really like the stuff and it was a great price coming up to Christmas. What's up with the fillet steaks? I know it must be a mare trying to order them online.

I bought two slabs 20 each a while back.
    They gave me 4 cut down ones but juicy looking all the same. I was hankering after a tall fillet, maybe if it was huge throw in the oven for a few mins to cook more a bit. I never have ordered them online before. I usually go to the counter and ask for whatever amount but a nice think high one, usually costs about 11/12 maybe. Shouldn't complain though, will freeze two and have two dinners out of the other ones.

I bought two slabs 20 each a while back.
    They gave me 4 cut down ones but juicy looking all the same. I was hankering after a tall fillet, maybe if it was huge throw in the oven for a few mins to cook more a bit. I never have ordered them online before. I usually go to the counter and ask for whatever amount but a nice think high one, usually costs about 11/12 maybe. Shouldn't complain though, will freeze two and have two dinners out of the other ones.

I pay between 6 and 7 quid and its about an inch and a half high and does the trick for me at home. I reckon you are talking about a really thick piece that as you said you'd get in a decent restaurant. You are giving me an idea.:D I havent had a big fillet steak like that in a long while. My butcher cuts it to size and beats the supermarket versions everytime. I may spoil myself soon!

carlsberg later around 9.30

I pay between 6 and 7 quid and its about an inch and a half high and does the trick for me at home. I reckon you are talking about a really thick piece that as you said you'd get in a decent restaurant. You are giving me an idea.:D I havent had a big fillet steak like that in a long while. My butcher cuts it to size and beats the supermarket versions everytime. I may spoil myself soon!

It's from working in the fancy places years ago where the plating was important and the fillet steak meal might cost 35 euro. They usually came with a homemade rosti underneath and jus that was made from scratch, roasted bones the whole shebang. One time at home I pan fried one in butter and cooked baby veg in butter to go with it. I will lose the butter this time though. It was 10 euro for the 4 steaks which is for nothing really.

It's from working in the fancy places years ago where the plating was important and the fillet steak meal might cost 35 euro. They usually came with a homemade rosti underneath and jus that was made from scratch, roasted bones the whole shebang. One time at home I pan fried one in butter and cooked baby veg in butter to go with it. I will lose the butter this time though. It was 10 euro for the 4 steaks which is for nothing really.

Its a great meal. I've had it a few times on a bed of creamy mash (rosti sounds fab) with a red wine jus over it. Never at home. Usually when someone else was paying.:D But at least I learned how to cook one during my student days working in a kitchen. So easy if you know, but a disaster if you don't.

Its a great meal. I've had it a few times on a bed of creamy mash (rosti sounds fab) with a red wine jus over it. Never at home. Usually when someone else was paying.:D But at least I learned how to cook one during my student days working in a kitchen. So easy if you know, but a disaster if you don't.

Creamy mash is a winner too. And when it's paid for, you can't complain :)
    I was always stuck in the kitchen since I was a wee one so would have ended up cooking at one stage or another anyway. I'm not a qualified chef though so probably loads I don't know but it makes you try a bit harder maybe.
    My Grandmother was a cook (no chefs back then). She could make anything my mother said and fed the whole street. Pity she died before I was born though.

Creamy mash is a winner too. And when it's paid for, you can't complain :)
    I was always stuck in the kitchen since I was a wee one so would have ended up cooking at one stage or another anyway. I'm not a qualified chef though so probably loads I don't know but it makes you try a bit harder maybe.
    My Grandmother was a cook (no chefs back then). She could make anything my mother said and fed the whole street. Pity she died before I was born though.

I enjoy cooking most of the time and once you enjoy it, things turn out great. I taught my mother how to cook when I was in my 20s.:eek: Her house keepers cut of beef was like rubber when I was a kid. My few years in a restaurant kitchen stood to me. I look at it on TV and don't recognize it. It's The Restaurant TV show. The Courtyard in Donnybrook. Dublin. Great days! Marco Pierre owns it now. It was posh back in the early 90s too. I ended up in the kitchen because I was a crap waiter.:D

• Advertisement

I enjoy cooking most of the time and once you enjoy it, things turn out great. I taught my mother how to cook when I was in my 20s.:eek: Her house keepers cut of beef was like rubber when I was a kid. My few years in a restaurant kitchen stood to me. I look at it on TV and don't recognize it. It's The Restaurant TV show. The Courtyard in Donnybrook. Dublin. Great days! Marco Pierre owns it now. It was posh back in the early 90s too. I ended up in the kitchen because I was a crap waiter.:D

Jesus I would be useless front of house. One thing is I never learned about wines as I was always in the kitchen which is one regret I have.

Is that the place? I like that show though it's a bit contrived at times. Fancy joint :eek:

I mainly worked in London, Cork city and west cork.

Advertisement