Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power [Starz - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Returns July 1st.

Starts back tomorrow night in the States.

I'm guessing like previous seasons with will be on Netflix here Monday at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,770 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Episode one available online now
    Have it ready to play once the small fella goes to bed

The internet isn’t for everyone

Not leaked as such it goes out a day early on the Starz streaming site.

Not leaked as such it goes out a day early on the Starz streaming site.

Good to know, I thought it was only being shown at midnight on stars
    I thought I was watching it last year on Sunday nights, looks like I was right

• Advertisement

good first episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Caught up on the first 2 episodes. They were alright. Think I'm losing general interest in this though, it's best before date is fast approaching. The acting is atrocious at times, especially when Ghost and Tasha have to do the grieving parents act.

50 cent is becoming my favourite in this, which says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Pelvis wrote: »
    Caught up on the first 2 episodes. They were alright. Think I'm losing general interest in this though, it's best before date is fast approaching. The acting is atrocious at times, especially when Ghost and Tasha have to do the grieving parents act.

50 cent is becoming my favourite in this, which says a lot.

I too wasn't over excited by the first two episodes of the new season, it'll need to vastly improve if it's to keep my attention in the same way the past seasons have. I really hope the writers have some exciting stuff up their sleeves that will continue to make me love this, so i'll reserve my judgement for the next few episodes. It's possible they are building season 5 into something big and then season 6 will be insane and hopefully end the show on a high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Yeah the acting is terrible sometimes but it's a guilty pleasure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I'm almost up to date with this now. It's gone to the dogs.

Riana dying and how the parents are dealing with it is ludicrous. I think killing her off has ruined the show.

Dre is now the 'Face' of the Queens Child Project....why? How did Tate know him?

Tommy drives around in probably one of the most recognizable cars in New York...this must be a dream for the Police to track.

That Councillor Tate guy would make you want to turn off the TV

Teresi getting out of jail after 25yrs and no one is really questioning it. Then he walks back in to a major position in the family. Almost everyone in the family is under 25 by the looks of it.

I used to enjoy it but close to giving up on it now.

• Advertisement

Really haven't been enjoying this season at all.

I probably stick with till the end of the season and that will be me done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Really haven't been enjoying this season at all.

I probably stick with till the end of the season and that will be me done with it.
    I've been thinking the same for the whole season but this week's episode was probably the final nail in the coffin for me. Even taking the show for what it is (including the questionable acting from some of them), it just seems to have turned into a convoluted mess. The main problem for me is that despite there being so little going on the writers are over-complicating things, the dodgy acting is just making it worse. I did enjoy it up until now, and was willing to overlook its shortcomings, but if it goes on past this season I doubt I will be joining it.

They seem to have taken all the quick flowing brainless popcorn violent fun out it and are turning into a bad soap opera with some acts of violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I had to go read a synopsis of what happened this week. All very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

was this on last night?

No episode this week it's back next Sunday.

Damm Damm a great final half to this week's episode.

That made sticking with a very average season worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Damm Damm a great final half to this week's episode.

That made sticking with a very average season worth it.
    I'm thinking the same, hopefully this continues for remaining episodes.
    Was interesting to hear Courtney Kemp talking about how what happened this week would affect Tariq in the coming seasons during the post-credits discussion about this week's episode. They obviously envision the series going on for a while, but given how things have dragged on up until now (this season) I'm not really seeing multiple seasons ahead but I guess we'll find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

i dont understand why kanan didnt shoot tariq?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

Where are people watching this? i am watching it on netflix season 5, what a show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

duffysfarm wrote: »
    i dont understand why kanan didnt shoot tariq?

He's just spent the whole car ride telling him how he was more of a son to him that sean he didn't blame him he blamed ghost

Can anyone tell me what model of merc kanan drives and what year it might be?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

S500 AMG if i’m not mistaken.

eeloe wrote: »
    S500 AMG if i’m not mistaken.

cheers, its a lovely machine

Wow, that was some episode. Rest of the season was so poor but that was great.

Maybe kanan didn't kill Tariq because he's his actual dad. My better half told me she read that theory about them last season.

I watched a rough episode last night, one lad got burned alive and another lad got a drill through the head

De Bhál wrote: »
    Wow, that was some episode. Rest of the season was so poor but that was great.

Maybe kanan didn't kill Tariq because he's his actual dad. My better half told me she read that theory about them last season.

I dont think Riq is Kanans actualy son but because he saw him as his son he couldnt kill him, especially after he had told him he wouldnt do something like to him like what he did to sean...

any thoughts on why Riq flipped on K? was it because Tash made him realise K killed Sean and is just a bad man?
    have to say i'm surprised at 50 writing himself out of his own show...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,996 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

pity he didn't kill Tariq !!

any thoughts on why Riq flipped on K?

no idea, whatever she told him worked. Maybe something along the lines of it's your fault your sisters dead, there's a court case coming and we need to frame someone etc... but the fact they didn't show us what she said means it's something juicy.

I'll miss him from the show as he was good in it.

• Advertisement

De Bhál wrote: »
    no idea, whatever she told him worked. Maybe something along the lines of it's your fault your sisters dead, there's a court case coming and we need to frame someone etc... but the fact they didn't show us what she said means it's something juicy.

I'll miss him from the show as he was good in it.

for some reason i find him very funny even though hes deadly serious, i think its because hes the definition of a street hood..

he was the meanest bad ass ever yet ghost and tash got him sent down and then killed!!

on another note, there was a serious reduction in the nudity in this season, angela didnt get her tatas out at all, the previous 4 seasons she couldnt keep them in, maybe its because the show has become more mainstream

Advertisement