Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power [Starz - Spoilers]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I almost gave up on this after the last season as the Ghost/Valdes relationship was getting tedious, but glad I didn't. This season is much better with those two on opposing sides!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlie Murphy is going a great job in his last role as the bast@rd prison guard.

Not sure if he died before the season finished filming but I wonder will they have Ghost kill him off on the show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Charlie Murphy is going a great job in his last role as the bast@rd prison guard.

Not sure if he died before the season finished filming but I wonder will they have Ghost kill him off on the show.

I never knew he was Eddie Murphy's brother.

The prison scenes could do with a bit of beefing up, might even be better to have that that the annoying son storyline but that's only nit picking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Good call - overkill would be more accurate!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

They certainly did that!

• Advertisement

Really good episode overall the skinning scene gave me shivers.

50 Cent Threatens to Take ‘Power’ Away From Starz in Heated Instagram Post

Sunday’s episode, which saw the deaths of two major characters played by
    Anika Noni Rose and J.R. Ramirez
    , was originally planned to be a two-parter to include some additional storylines. However, according to showrunner Courtney Kemp, Starz didn’t agree to extend the episode order, resulting in just one packed episode. Kemp said that as a result, the episode lost some story elements.

“Unfortunately, Starz would not give us the extra episode,” Kemp told Entertainment Weekly. “I asked them for 12 episodes for season 4 and they would not do it. So because they would not do it, we had to make it one episode.”

Variety has reached out to Starz for comment.

This is not the first time 50 Cent has threatened to leave the show, and he has occasionally acted out on social media in the past. Last December, 50 Cent slammed the Hollywood Foreign Press after “Power” failed to receive a Golden Globe nom

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/50-cent-threatens-to-take-power-away-from-starz-instagram-1202511421/

I woke up feeling a little different about POWER this morning . If the biggest show on your net work doesn't mean anything, what does your network mean STARZ? I'm taking my talents to south beach **** this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXNmtT0lass/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Wow, didn't recognise him at all. Looked taller and skinnier than I thought he was.

This series is full on compared to last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Hi Guys, watching this on netflix through firestick. having some issues recently with sub titles not showing when characters are speaking in non-english language. e.g. spanish.

I can turn on english subtitles but it turns it on for all words spoken. Any way to fix this? or has anyone came across the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Hi Guys, watching this on netflix through firestick. having some issues recently with sub titles not showing when characters are speaking in non-english language. e.g. spanish.

I can turn on english subtitles but it turns it on for all words spoken. Any way to fix this? or has anyone came across the same problem?

Same problem here too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Yeah noticed that too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Learning Spanish would sort that.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Same problem here too!

same here also cant find a solution

The solution is to turn on subtitles for the half minute they're needed and then turn them off. And report the problem to Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Subtitles were working last night.

Can't see ep 9 on netflix for some reason. Anyone else see it?

I checked IMDB and it was on last night.

Wow wow wow wow what an ending to this week's episode wow wow wow

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

really didnt think they would go there very real and gritty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Did NOT see that coming, holy crap cannot wait for the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I reckon Tariq goes to Kannan to with what he saw instead of Ghost or Tommy.

This probably get Kannan back in the good books with them then.

• Advertisement

No episode this week after last weeks ending :(

Season finale next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

3rd of september

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Did NOT see that coming, holy crap cannot wait for the next episode.
    Damn. I thought Tariq might have been a goner - this is far meaner though.

I had purposely delayed watching 'Power' so that I could watch it over a 3-week span but they ruined that by delaying the finale. I've had to drag it out more than I wanted so this is the first time I've not been able to watch the next one.

It's been a strong season and Sandler is well cast - he could indeed be Tommy's dad. The way Tommy's spiralled out of control is very much in character and I'm wondering how far it'll go.
    And will André get his just desserts? Kainan could easily take him out after one wrong word or look but it's in his interest to keep him in play. I'm guessing the Cartel will reveal André in a meeting with Ghost when Ghost makes them a better offer. The little punk has it coming.

Great ending to the season and once again they have done a great job setting up next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Wow great episode. Very emotionally charged.

Starz has fallen out with and dropped the production company behind Power.

Not sure where that leaves it now.

Starz has fallen out with and dropped the production company behind Power.

Not sure where that leaves it now.

Scratch that it’s cable company that has dropped Starz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement