Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner Tonight! Where to go? - Restaurant & Eating Out Recommendations for NCD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Places in Howth:

The Oarhouse (west pier, Howth) is nice, everything can be ordered as tapas size or mal course size which is nice. Reasonably priced, too.

Casa Pasta (harbour front) is great for pretty much everything (unless you have guests you really want to impress). Also well priced

Ivans (start of the west pier) is fantastic. Flawless service and food, but a bit pricey. Nice to treat/impress your guests.

Aqua (end of the west pier) also very good. Decent early bird menu which is good value.

The tapas bar above El Paso (Harbour front) is nice too

The House (in the village - village as opposed to the harbour which the council kindly put a sign in saying "Howth Village" :rolleyes:) is lovely. They do really nice brunch and dinners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

The best place in Howth is El Paso. PERIOD! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Does anyone know what the new chinese restaurant in Rush is like,its where the Cayote Bar used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

The Life Boat in Skerries is now doing a 3 course meal for €25 with tea and coffee. Went recently and it was lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

holly1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the new chinese restaurant in Rush is like,its where the Cayote Bar used to be.

excellent as chinese goes. you will be quite supsirsed in fact with the food and the decor!!

nice and reasonable too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

The house in Howth is fab. It's in the village itself. At the moment they're doing a surprise dinner for a tenner Wed-Fri. Have a great brunch menu too and do a mean coffee if you're just popping in.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

Went to the Orchid in Skerries for Chinese a good few months back and loved it. Went back last week and felt ripped off. Very expensive, mediocre food, good service, but overall I won't be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

holly1 wrote: »
    It has its own thread! ;)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055463661

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Puddy

Just wondering if Ollies Place in Skerries does Bar Food, have you heard any reports on it, or know what kind of food it does. I usually eat in Blue or Pasta Pizza, or Stoops.....

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

Ollies in Skerries does great food. Not cheap, but still good value. Now my fave place to eat in Skerries.

By the way, Harvey's has closed down.

• Advertisement

Excellent hoser expat,
    Will defo give it a go now. I dont mind paying if the food is good, nothing worse then going out and paying for crap food whatever the price...........will let you know how I get on :pac:

anyone been to the new thai/chinese/italian place where sopranos is?

I heard the new place (where sopranos was)has to much on the menu.......and from to many different countries. They seem to be doing great deals midweek on early birds. Let us know how you get on if you try it........I tried Ollies last week, the menu was tiny, not much of a selection. We were there at aprox 6pm, was very quiet, we were the only ones eating. Had the spicy wings & burger, was ok, would not be rushing back........

i am always very wary of such a mix of cuisines!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Not sure if it's been mentioned here but my wife and myself went to The Lifeboat, Skerries last Friday night and we were extremely impressed with it.

We especially liked the way that you sit in a waiting area downstairs where you can enjoy a drink while you're waiting on your food.

The menu itself consists of normal a la carte as well as seafood. We had the chicken wings to start (they are probably the closest that I have ever tasted to my favourites in Elephant & Castle).

For main course, I had the baby back ribs and my wife had the chicken roulade. They both came up trumps.

Final bill for the above plus a pint of Guinness, a Diet Coke and a latté came to a very reasonable €53.

Will definitely be going back in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

By the way, Harvey's has closed down.
    They must have reopened, they had an ad in the North County last week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

Courtyard Restaurant in Carnegie Court Hotel in Swords is gorgeous. Lovely food and very reasonable. Been there twice now, lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

thesteve wrote: »
    They must have reopened, they had an ad in the North County last week...
    Harvey's in Skerries definitely closed.
    You must have seen an ad for Harvey's in Balbriggan.
    They are two totally separate operations.

angelos in rush have special offer on snack boxes.

not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cathlo

there's a new Chinese in Skerries called Sapphires...on New St. two buildings down from Ollies. haven't tried it....looks a bit fancy, certainly not take away.

• Advertisement

i wonder if it has naything to do with the sapphires in rush

• Registered Users Posts: 9,604 ✭✭✭billyhead

Has anyone tried the new Italian/Chinese/Indian place in Rush were the Sopranos restaurant used to be. I would be scptical of a restaurant serving 3 cuisines but any feedback would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Cathlo wrote: »
    there's a new Chinese in Skerries called Sapphires...on New St. two buildings down from Ollies. haven't tried it....looks a bit fancy, certainly not take away.

Yes, it does take away. There is a sit down area too

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Martron wrote: »
    angelos in rush have special offer on snack boxes
    I can't see that working! :D

Mrs WA: "Where are you taking me for dinner tonight darling?"

Me: "I thought we'd stay in - I hear Angelos have an offer on snack boxes".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 martipants

Have been to Tarragon in Skerries twice and both times was really impressed with the quality of the food. They have a great early bird for around €20 which includes three courses. The second time we went, we paid €5 extra for the Rib eye steak and it was well worth it. Really good house red and the desserts are to die for.
    It's so good to have a decent dinner option nearby.

Has anyone had the Reb Bank early bird menu lately? I've been thinking about trying it. Went there for the set dinner about a year ago and was really happy with everything.

I can't see that working! :D

Mrs WA: "Where are you taking me for dinner tonight darling?"

Me: "I thought we'd stay in - I hear Angelos have an offer on snack boxes".

god no..... the OH will never appreciate more chicken than you can eat for under a tenner!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

martipants wrote: »
    Have been to Tarragon in Skerries twice and both times was really impressed with the quality of the food. They have a great early bird for around €20 which includes three courses. The second time we went, we paid €5 extra for the Rib eye steak and it was well worth it. Really good house red and the desserts are to die for.
    It's so good to have a decent dinner option nearby.

I was there (Tarragon, Skerries) over the week end and it was without a doubt one of the best meals that I had in a very long time. The rib eye was to die for. About time there is now some real competition in the town…. :D

The service was of the highest level. We had a great night out.

Only complaint is don’t give me a till receipt and tell me that's my bill?? It had faded too. We need to see the bill clearly broken down so as we can clearly see what we are paying for. A restaurant should know this…. It’s a real school boy error!

(9 Out of 10)

2 hour wait for delivery from bombay bistro dsaturday.

if i did not like their food so much i would not be happy. ( the gf was furious)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Got a take away from Bombay Bistro on Saturday night. Mrs Billy & HB Jr I really liked it (had Chicken Rogon Josh & Chicken Korma respectively).

I had a Chicken Chilli Massala & it was mediocre.

• Advertisement

i like their food because you can see the fresh ingredients in it. 2 hours was a bit excessive.

they down sized their menu a small bit and their portions seem to be smaller. they took keema nan ( nan bread stuffed with lamb) off the menu.

other than that its great food.

Advertisement