Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭appledrop

Unreal morning in Cork city. Blue skies, about 16 degrees and can only see it getting nicer. Shame that tomorrow is gonna be such a shock but a bit of a taste of summer today

We had the same here until about 5 mins ago!

Now everywhere is covered in dark grey clouds + I'm dressed for summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

appledrop wrote: »
    We had the same here until about 5 mins ago!

Now everywhere is covered in dark grey clouds + I'm dressed for summer!

Better go up and get the shorts so just incase! Feels so weird feeling actual heat! Gonna take it while I can

Better go up and get the shorts so just incase! Feels so weird feeling actual heat! Gonna take it while I can

Do because we had glorious weather last Easter I remember we spent it in Skerries + it was like been abroad. They the weather was crap all summer so take it while you can!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

appledrop wrote: »
    Do because we had glorious weather last Easter I remember we spent it in Skerries + it was like been abroad. They the weather was crap all summer so take it while you can!

no sun at all here today but it's still fairly mild. I remember Easter last year well, it was the only few days of warmth we got for the entire Spring and early summer period. I think it got to 22C here during Easter Sunday last year and then a very cold pattern followed a few days later which lasted all the way to the final few days of June. Thankfully the cold conditions from tomorrow look very short lived, should turn milder mid way through next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A lovely sunny morning in Castlebar and hardly a cloud in the sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,140 ✭✭✭✭km79

Xenji wrote: »
    A lovely sunny morning in Castlebar and hardly a cloud in the sky.

Cutting the lawn for the third time in less than a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭snowgal

Absolutely beautiful day near Trim today! Not a cloud to be seen.....

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭pqdvdplayer

Huge temperature gradient across Mayo today. 17c in Claremorris at 2pm but only 10c at Belmullet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭esposito

snowgal wrote: »
    Absolutely beautiful day near Trim today! Not a cloud to be seen.....

Same in Dublin 9. Glorious day 19 C
    Lucky to have a park close by and that’s where I am right now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭pad199207

Stunning day now in Kildare at 20°c

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

after a cloudy morning, the skies turned blue very quickly and dazzling sunshine ever since, 19C here now, an absolute stunning day, possibly the best day of this warm spell so far.

The far western fringes of Ireland is significantly colder and a sign of things to come for tomorrow.

temp_uk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nice sunny morning here with temperatures reaching 16.0°c. Around 11.30am it clouded over for an hour and a drop in temperatures back down to 13.8°c. The cloud broke up quickly and temperatures responded climbing back to a current level of 18.8°c.

This morning reminds me of how a "cold front" pushes through eastern Spain.

Of note now is the air is less humid and visibility is much improved here in South Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Glorious day in meath, our garden that is well sheltered from any breeze, currently says 27c , its roasting, go beyond the hedges, its not so roasting, 18.4c, but might get the bbq out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭esposito

Gonzo wrote: »
    after a cloudy morning, the skies turned blue very quickly and dazzling sunshine ever since, 19C here now, an absolute stunning day, possibly the best day of this warm spell so far.

The far western fringes of Ireland is significantly colder and a sign of things to come for tomorrow.

temp_uk.png

Definitely the best day so far for the east anyway

Well thankfully those clouds burned off and absolutely stunning in back garden.

Had to put on suncream as I was getting burnt!

Barbecue fired up yet again.

This is the life despite the restrictions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

clouding over a bit in cork city but still warm! Got a bit burnt! Lovely day

20C observed at Phoenix Park. 19C here at Dunshaughlin. Looks like April may have already beaten last June for warmth in Leinster with several warm days in a row now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Glorious glorious spell of weather. Absolutely stunner of a day here today. Would make you forget your troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Clearly we've not had the same level of nice weather here in West Clare.

Today was remarkably sunny, however temperatures have been very disappointing being stuck at 12°c all day long. Too cool to sit out in a tshirt despite the sun.

Yesterday was warm (16°c) but stubbornly overcast, with some light rain yesterday evening.

Thursday was very warm, up to 20°c, however sunny periods were limited, still the best day of the spell.

Wednesday, very sunny but again also quite cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Strange how here in Ireland our cloudier days are milder/warmer than our sunny days alot of the time...

• Advertisement

reached 20C earlier in Dunshaughlin, still very warm outside, best day of the year easily and hopefully many more of these from early May to late September.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Clearly we've not had the same level of nice weather here in West Clare.

Today was remarkably sunny, however temperatures have been very disappointing being stuck at 12°c all day long. Too cool to sit out in a tshirt despite the sun.

Yesterday was warm (16°c) but stubbornly overcast, with some light rain yesterday evening.

Thursday was very warm, up to 20°c, however sunny periods were limited, still the best day of the spell.

Wednesday, very sunny but again also quite cool.

Thats a sea breeze for you at this time of year. I remember leaving 29°c in South Laois during Summer 2018 and going to Wexford for a day at The Raven beach. 18°c there in an easterly sea breeze. Felt freezing despite the clear blue sky! Got a master sunburn for my efforts though! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Beautiful day here near Tralee, eventually cloud burnt off in the early afternoon. Not the same temperatures as others got but 14C was not bad with sunshine and light breeze but you would need some shelter sitting out in it. Had sea fog come ashore in waves here near the coast, didn't quite reach my house.

NASA Sat Pic earlier today.

1RLiU1V.png?1

the past week has mostly been fantastic here, mid to high teens most of the time and loads of sunshine. Both yesterday and today reached 20C in a few places which is exceptional for the time of the year.

Tomorrow will be a different world and a day to be staying indoors. Temperatures could struggle to get much above 8C in some places, a whole 12C cooler than today in some places.

GFSOPUK12_27_5.png

Monday warms up a bit towards the west but many parts of Leinster will remain bitterly cold on Monday with temperatures remaining in the single digits for the most part.

GFSOPUK12_51_5.png

Temperatures will stage a recovery from mid week with mid teens possible by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Can we expect another nice day tomorrow? MTs forecasts are not reliable anymore

US2 wrote: »
    Can we expect another nice day tomorrow? MTs forecasts are not reliable anymore

no, tomorrow will be a mostly wet day with temperatures between 7 and 11C. Eastern half of the country could see rain for the entire day, with a clearance into the west by the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Danno wrote: »
    Thats a sea breeze for you at this time of year. I remember leaving 29°c in South Laois during Summer 2018 and going to Wexford for a day at The Raven beach. 18°c there in an easterly sea breeze. Felt freezing despite the clear blue sky! Got a master sunburn for my efforts though! :D

Yup! Was some sea fog (?) along the Shannon estuary which was beginning to blow onto land, didn't effect my part but you can imagine that's likely what kept the temperatures down.

I recall a number of years ago driving to Dungarvan Co.Waterford across Tipperary in temperatures in the high 20's to meet sea fog and 17°c at Clonea strand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Gonzo wrote: »
    no, tomorrow will be a mostly wet day with temperatures between 7 and 11C. Eastern half of the country could see rain for the entire day, with a clearance into the west by the evening.

What I've noticed over the last couple of years is that whenever we get rain from an easterly source here in the east, it can last for the whole day. November 2018 and April 2019 come to mind and I'm sure I'm probably forgetting some other events.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

On met weather after 9pm news they said it got to 21.6 in Cloyne (East Cork) today. Not surprised, it was stunning in Cork today, everyone in shorts and tee shirts from morning to evening. It felt half normal for a while.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

On met weather after 9pm news they said it got to 21.6 in Cloyne (East Cork) today. Not surprised, it was stunning in Cork today, everyone in shorts and tee shirts from morning to evening. It felt half normal for a while.....

I live a few miles from Cloyne. It was as nice a day as any we'll have all year. :D

Advertisement