Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Is there an extra Dropbox allowance meant to come with the one X?

Yes, you get an extra 25GB for two years. Just log in to your dropbox account on your One X. I assume the offer is still running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I just checked the Dropbox site and you actually have to complete 5 steps to get the 23GB extra allowance.

easy enough to do, invite a friend, install the app on a computer/phone.

have done it now and have my 25GB storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Is there an extra Dropbox allowance meant to come with the one X?
    Yea I got 25 gigs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

cdb wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing WiFi issues. Seems like it is a growing problem. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1688538
    Can't say that I have experienced any WiFi problems like those.
    Only ht23 & ht24 models have been reported so far. It occurs anywhere from days one up to 3 to 4 weeks of use. The reason(s) is unclear at the moment but some suspect that it is caused by repeated heating & cooling of the case/screen - which affects the wifi/bluetooth antenna connection.

To check if you have the issue, gently squeeze the top right of the screen or case - between the front camera and volume button (as shown in the youtube videos on the thread linked) and you will clearly see the wifi signal strength improving.

Hopefully your handset doesn't have it or even develop it but if you do it can be returned to the shop within 28 days. Outside of 28 days you'll need to ring the htc repair centre and they'll arrange to collect it by courier and repair free of charge. Obviously you'll be without the phone while it is repaired but the phone carries a 2 year warranty covering manufacturing defects so you're well covered. As there is an official htc rep on the xda thread be sure to post your experience so the extent of the problem is known.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Yea I got 25 gigs

I know you have to have a HTC One device to avail of this 25 gigs, but does anyone know then if this 25gig account would then be accessible via PC or other device once it is setup? Or can it just be accessed via the phone?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Has anyone moved to one of these from the a HTC sensation?

How have you found the change?

Was it easy transferring across photos, apps etc considering the One does not support a memory card?

Glowing wrote: »
    I know you have to have a HTC One device to avail of this 25 gigs, but does anyone know then if this 25gig account would then be accessible via PC or other device once it is setup? Or can it just be accessed via the phone?

Thanks

Yes, it is accessible. I have it setup and I can access the 25Gb from my laptop.
    Great for automatically storing photos.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

nedd wrote: »
    I just checked the Dropbox site and you actually have to complete 5 steps to get the 23GB extra allowance.

easy enough to do, invite a friend, install the app on a computer/phone.

have done it now and have my 25GB storage.

Ah ok.
    See I already have a Dropbox account and have completed all the steps already.
    Also I used that hack to get the 25gb a while back to get the extra allowance even though I didn't have a HTC phone.
    The extra 25 gb was removed and now I'm afraid I've got a black mark against my account so won't be allowed to get the extra allowance when I actually am entitled to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Hi folks.

I've read a HUGE amount of this thread. Didn't want to start a new one for this.

I'm a HTC user (desire z). Had more or less decided on the one x but lots of negative commentary online re the battery. The galaxy s3 seems to be a lot better on that front....

Can anyone tell me whether the .29 upgrade did anything for battery life?

Does anyone have any experience of galaxy s3 v one x in battery terms?

I've had a mess around with the galaxy for a while and I prefer the HTC but the battery might be a bit of a deal breaker.

I'm getting less than a day out of the desire z (and that's without any phone calls - have work phone) so not expecting miracles.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

i have done the 5 steps and still didnt get my 25gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My battery is great on the HOX. I have Android Revolution 6.0.0 installed on it. If I charge it to 100% in the morning, it lasts until the evening of the following day. It's on a par with my Desire HD, so I have no complaints.

Mr E wrote: »
    My battery is great on the HOX. I have Android Revolution 6.0.0 installed on it. If I charge it to 100% in the morning, it lasts until the evening of the following day. It's on a par with my Desire HD, so I have no complaints.

Have you any walk through on how to do this? Does it matter on what carrier you are to root?

This was the guide I used:

[Tut] Preparing Your One X for Custom Roms (For Dummies)

Pretty straight forward - took me about 30 minutes I'd say.
    Part of the process is to unlock the bootloader (via a HTC process on htcdev.com), so it shouldn't matter what carrier you are on. I'm on Vodafone, for what it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Loving my HTC One X - getting an average of 4 days out of the battery (calls, texts, camera, bluetooth, wifi at home, no 3G or GPS).
    Initially I got the case that PAMG had recommended but after using it for a week I took it off - I found alot of dirt and dust getting up under it and it looked grubby.
    Much happier now with it off. R.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Has anyone moved to one of these from the a HTC sensation?

How have you found the change?

Was it easy transferring across photos, apps etc considering the One does not support a memory card?

Coming from an XE. Bigger, but appreciably faster and better ergonomics. Definitely an improvement.

What do you need a memory card for? Connect to computer, copy to folder, connect new phone, copy again. In fact there's nothing stopping you connecting both at the same time and copying direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ledgearooni

Have the HOX a week now and finding battery bad, the temperature is going to around 42C with 20 mins use and the battery is losing about 20 % is this normal. I had DHD before and that battery was bad, but not this level. Anybody finding this behaviour normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I came across a weird problem with my One X today. The phone is rooted but no custom rom on it yet.
    The phone lost signal when I was in one area so I thought there was no coverage where I was. Then I drove home and found I still had no signal. My sister is also on the same network as me and she had perfect signal.
    I tried turning the phone off and on, that did not work.
    Then I tried toggling airplane mode on and off, that still did not work.
    I then restart the phone, and the signal came back.

Any idea is it just a once off problem or is it leading onto something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Problems encountered so far is mainly handling it, too light and too thin if it can be called a complaint! Awaiting delivery of a rubber case so hopefully that'll resolve the problem. Keep going for the DHD "back" button also.

Also, ye know that sexy white version? I keep leaving it down in the office and then losing it! It camouflages itself into too many things!!!

it's a beautiful piece of kit though.

I came across a weird problem with my One X today. The phone is rooted but no custom rom on it yet.
    The phone lost signal when I was in one area so I thought there was no coverage where I was. Then I drove home and found I still had no signal. My sister is also on the same network as me and she had perfect signal.
    I tried turning the phone off and on, that did not work.
    Then I tried toggling airplane mode on and off, that still did not work.
    I then restart the phone, and the signal came back.

Any idea is it just a once off problem or is it leading onto something else.

Try removing the sim, it might just need resting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Mr E wrote: »
    This was the guide I used:

[Tut] Preparing Your One X for Custom Roms (For Dummies)

Pretty straight forward - took me about 30 minutes I'd say.
    Part of the process is to unlock the bootloader (via a HTC process on htcdev.com), so it shouldn't matter what carrier you are on. I'm on Vodafone, for what it's worth.

Will this work for 1.29?

• Advertisement

I don't see why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Anyone else notice post a reboot the handset is a lot snappier? Im sure its clearing some cache, is there any way to do this without rebooting? (Obviously I am shutting backround apps down regularly)

Edit: sorry, just checked phone storage there to manually clear caches

hightower1 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice post a reboot the handset is a lot snappier? Im sure its clearing some cache, is there any way to do this without rebooting? (Obviously I am shutting backround apps down regularly)
    How are you shutting background, does previous apparently button and swiping up do that?

hightower1 wrote: »
    How are you shutting background, does previous apparently button and swiping up do that?
    Also what software version is everyone on I'm on 1.28.771.9 and I'm on the three network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

yeah , the task button and swiping closed backround apps but go to settngs - strage - make more space ... to cleare caches and move apps from OS memory to phone storage memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Is the HTC One V worth it for the price? I currently have HTC Wildfire S but need a replacement because it has been acting up a lot lately.

I really like the look of the One X & S, but cant really justify spending €300 + on a phone to be honest. If money wasnt an option id be goin for Galaxy S 3 :D

So i'm really asking is the one V a step up from Wildfire S for that price?

Is the HTC One V worth it for the price? I currently have HTC Wildfire S but need a replacement because it has been acting up a lot lately.

I really like the look of the One X & S, but cant really justify spending €300 + on a phone to be honest. If money wasnt an option id be goin for Galaxy S 3 :D

So i'm really asking is the one V a step up from Wildfire S for that price?
    My battery is gone to ****,is there anything that can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

My battery is okay but not the best. Seriously considering rooting the phone so I can update to 1.29 to see if that helps!

Insurgent wrote: »

My battery is okay but not the best. Seriously considering rooting the phone so I can update to 1.29 to see if that helps!
    What carrier you with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

What carrier you with

Three.

Advertisement