Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

Im using the Charmander rom on my OneX which allows you to select the AOSP multitasking instead of the Sense one. Its great :D

Was using Android Revolution which is a great rom when I read this...Popped over to xda and read up on this rom so decided to give it a try, so far its brilliant. Lots of options to tweak things the way you like. Thanks using it with faux's kernel and all is working well so far:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 so many qs

Hi, Just got the HTC one x, my first ever smart phone. Very happy. Just wondering how to change the qwerty keyboard to the other kind where there is three letters for each number. Googled it but no luck.

Also, I'll be carrying it in my bag so I need some sort of a cover. I see that PAMG's recommendation http://www.ebay.ie/itm/160782567124?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1399wt_1344 is very popular but does this mean I would need a screen protector as well?

Or should I go for something like
    http://www.bestskinsever.com/htc-one-x-skin
    http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/htc-one-x-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

so many qs wrote: »
    Hi, Just got the HTC one x, my first ever smart phone. Very happy. Just wondering how to change the qwerty keyboard to the other kind where there is three letters for each number. Googled it but no luck.

Settings> Language & Keyboard > HTC Sense Input > Advanced Settings >Keyboard Types

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

There's dozens of posts about covers and proctors in the thread, try reading it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

so many qs wrote: »
    . I see that PAMG's recommendation http://www.ebay.ie/itm/160782567124?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1399wt_1344 is very popular but does this mean I would need a screen protector as well?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Just wondering what people are using a screen protector for? Or in fact, what does it do?

Since the screen is Gorilla Glass and shouldn't really scratch...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Saadyst wrote: »
    Just wondering what people are using a screen protector for? Or in fact, what does it do?

Since the screen is Gorilla Glass and shouldn't really scratch...?

For help with resale later I always use a screen protector. In this case I use a best skins ever screen cover and I'm going to get a case-mate barely there cover for the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I've been using one of HTC One S test devices for the last few days, not sure whether to buy it or not. The model I'm using has a few chips already along the top edge at the front. It seems to have a sharpish edge and looks like it will chip easily, and seems to be a design issue. Anyone else have this problem?

Also the front camera seems to very indented and gathers fluff very easy blocking the lens. Maybe there should be a glass cover that has fallen off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

Won this beautiful one x in white yesterday, now i have 2 one in each color, going to put one on adverts next week, not sure which one. the grey one has a few marks around the edges from dropping it last week.

IMAG0196.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nedd

allen175 wrote: »
    Won this beautiful one x in white yesterday, now i have 2 one in each color, going to put one on adverts next week, not sure which one. the grey one has a few marks around the edges from dropping it last week.

IMAG0196.jpg

well for some. where did you win it?

• Advertisement

mobilefun.co.uk. I actually want to keep the white one as it appears to have a better screen then the grey one. but the grey one is abit damaged around the edges and around the camera :(

IMAG0197.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

allen175 wrote: »
    mobilefun.co.uk. I actually want to keep the white one as it appears to have a better screen then the grey one. but the grey one is abit damaged around the edges and around the camera :(

IMAG0197.jpg

The clock is wrong on one of them too ;)

Yes i did notice that and i fixed it after i took the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fanatec

motownman wrote: »
    Have my One X a month now and still learning!

I am aware of the NFC capability but have no idea how to exploit it. What are NFC stickers? How can they be used for car holders, office desk etc?

Appreciate any education you can give me. Thanks.

This company in Limerick doing something with NFC if you want to check them out.

EDIT: Sorry for posting this so late, didn't realise it was too weeks old, I hope it helps anyway:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Got the one x but it seems very scratch prone.I have a skin and screen protectors coming today but only had it a few days in my pockets and there's a few noticeable scratches.

Anyone else notice this?

Settings> Language & Keyboard > HTC Sense Input > Advanced Settings >Keyboard Types

Thanks! I actually figured this out after I'd posted. Thanks though.

dahamsta wrote: »
    There's dozens of posts about covers and proctors in the thread, try reading it.

I did thanks. That's where I found out about the three I mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

Got the one x but it seems very scratch prone.I have a skin and screen protectors coming today but only had it a few days in my pockets and there's a few noticeable scratches.

Anyone else notice this?

I have the same thing - a few light scratches at the top of my screen, and one kinda deep one ie can feel it with fingernails.

I put my phone in my pocket upside down with the glass facing in. I kinda presume there was some grit in my pocket and it scratched the screen, maybe a grain of sand - never under estimate the power of sand!

Still though, I'd rather a couple of scratches than a screen protector - I hate those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

gavinjc wrote: »

Anyone else notice this?

I have the same thing - a few light scratches at the top of my screen, and one kinda deep one ie can feel it with fingernails.

I put my phone in my pocket upside down with the glass facing in. I kinda presume there was some grit in my pocket and it scratched the screen, maybe a grain of sand - never under estimate the power of sand!

Still though, I'd rather a couple of scratches than a screen protector - I hate those things.

I felt the same way man, but as the scratches started getting more and more frequent I decided to get a screen protector. Just like the feeling that I can put my phone in my pocket knowing that it won't get scratched.

I felt the same way man, but as the scratches started getting more and more frequent I decided to get a screen protector. Just like the feeling that I can put my phone in my pocket knowing that it won't get scratched.

Ok then, ok. Where did you get yours from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Ok then, ok. Where did you get yours from?

I got mine on ebay,the one i have on is very thin and looks very good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360446723905?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1180

I got mine on ebay,the one i have on is very thin and looks very good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360446723905?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1180

Can't argue with those prices. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Anyone else notice this?

Don't understand this. I always have mine in my jeans or in the in the little 'hold' on the drivers door and the screen is perfect.

I never put anything else in a pocket that has a phone in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Can't argue with those prices. Thanks.

I bought HTC screen protectors but i cant get them to fit correctly.

Do the scrren protetors you have fit tightly to the screen the whole way around? I find the ones i have tried stick well to the bulk of the screen but the edges arent tight to the screen.. then when i catch them in my nails or whatever they come loose rendering it pointless for me buying them

just me or has anyone else had this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Had a desire HD for 18 months without a screen protector and One X for last week same. No screen scratches on either. I never put anything in the same pocket and never lay it directly on a hard surface. .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

stovelid wrote: »
    Had a desire HD for 18 months without a screen protector and One X for last week same. No screen scratches on either. I never put anything in the same pocket and never lay it directly on a hard surface. .

Same here, adding screen protectors and cases ruin the ergonomics and look of a handset IMO. Its genuinely not that hard to just not put something else in the same pocket in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Anyone else experiencing WiFi issues. Seems like it is a growing problem. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1688538

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

Can't say that I have experienced any WiFi problems like those.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Is there an extra Dropbox allowance meant to come with the one X?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nedd

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Is there an extra Dropbox allowance meant to come with the one X?

yes, 25GB I think. When I was setting up my phone initially it asked if I wanted to log into Dropbox. When I did it told me I have got the extra storage.

Advertisement