Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I bought a HTC One S and I really don't like the way I have to answer phone calls.

(unlock the phone with a swipe and can never reject calls)

Does anyone know how to disable the swipe so I just have answer and reject buttons?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Why are you unlocking the phone? Dont you just drag the answer/reject bubbles into the ring like your shortcuts? (thats how my OneX is anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

I bought a HTC One S and I really don't like the way I have to answer phone calls.

(unlock the phone with a swipe and can never reject calls)

Does anyone know how to disable the swipe so I just have answer and reject buttons?

Yeah you should have two icons when someone calls - what you do is drag the red icon (reject) into the ring at the bottom.

Same way you open the apps etc from the lock screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

LB6 wrote: »
    I have a spare back cover if ya want it. It won't protect the camera lens, but it will stop the rest of the phone cover being scratched.

They do have the leather flip covers available now tho for it. Very tidy and even with the phone in it, it's not even an inch high. Might be the way to go, it you want to protect the camera lens too.

LB6

I actually just got a case for it so it'll probably be ok.
    Thanks for your offer though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nedd

OK, so time has passed and I'm getting bored. I have Lee Droid installed and it hasn't been updated in a while. I think I need something new.

Is anyone using Cyanogenmod or MIUI on the HOX?

Can anyone recommend me something awesome?

• Advertisement

nedd wrote: »
    OK, so time has passed and I'm getting bored. I have Lee Droid installed and it hasn't been updated in a while. I think I need something new.

Is anyone using Cyanogenmod or MIUI on the HOX?

Can anyone recommend me something awesome?
    Im currently using the Team Pkmn ROM. Rock stable and tweaks everywhere!
    Always tempted to switch to CM or one of the AOKP ports though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Im currently using the Team Pkmn ROM. Rock stable and tweaks everywhere!
    Always tempted to switch to CM or one of the AOKP ports though :/

Definitely second this. You might want to wait til Sunday to install it though, there's a new version out then

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Find the battery pretty poor on that ROM, it seemed better on Lee Droid, but if there's a new version I'll check that out.

Thanks Guys,

I think I may need a change from Sense roms in general. Maybe I will have to wait for a while, from what i can see on XDA Cyanogen and MIUI are still a little unstable.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I'm holding out for LordClokans new Ice Cold Sandwich for the One-X. Was easily the best rom on the DHD. I'm on Leedroid at the moment, not much activity, but in fairness there's not really anything wrong with it.

• Advertisement

Hopped over to the Unofficial AOKP [IceCold] to try it out.
    I forgot how sexy stock everything is. I dont have the fancy camera features but tbh I never used them. Mmmmmmm fresh and clean

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i'm still on the stock rom on the HOX and tbh, any time i went with a non-sense rom on my DHD i spent all my time trying to add back in the things i missed from sense, and never really suceeded so i've tended to stick with sense based roms since then.

my last rom on the DHD was virtuous unity and i liked it a lot. wondering if there might be something similar for the HOX yet, although tbh, i'm liking it plenty enough the way it is for now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

I'm holding out for LordClokans new Ice Cold Sandwich for the One-X. Was easily the best rom on the DHD.

The one thing I miss with the S3 is Lord Clockan's roms, Ice Cold Sandwich was the best ever for the DHD, I see he's still developing the rom, still indie's Omega 7 rom is awesome on the S3

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Having had the Galaxy Nexus and recently made the move to the One X, I really want to go back to the stock ICS.

Any recommendations on what one should go for? Sense drives me bloody bananas if I am honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭MrGarak

Having had the Galaxy Nexus and recently made the move to the One X, I really want to go back to the stock ICS.

Any recommendations on what one should go for? Sense drives me bloody bananas if I am honest!
    CM9 by TripNRaVeR. His version is closed source but he knows what he's doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Anyone else noticed these three little issues on the one x:
    - when typing in Google search box the keyboard disappears and you've to tap into the box again for it to register
    - when using the bookmarks widget (takes up one full screen), it keeps refreshing so u look at it,tap on a bookmark, but it refreshes so u tap the wrong thing. I unticked the option to auto refresh them but it continues to happen
    - on this boards there's no scroll when writing a msg so have to hit back to see what I've written

Little things but very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I just got the HTC One V. It's a great little phone, from the first few hours of use.

I have one issue; mobile network will not work (ie, if I am not on WiFi, I cannot connect to the internet.) Can anyone help...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Bloody impossible to find a HTC One X second hand in the west!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I just got the HTC One V. It's a great little phone, from the first few hours of use.

I have one issue; mobile network will not work (ie, if I am not on WiFi, I cannot connect to the internet.) Can anyone help...?

What network are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Jarren wrote: »
    What network are you using?
    Meteor. I went through the set up again and now it works :')

I love this phone! It's great. The display is so clear and it's fast, quite easy to use and the apps I use most are really fast.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Bloody impossible to find a HTC One X second hand in the west!

We have a great service called An Post......
    I'm pretty sure they deliver to the west :)

Just installed AOKP (IceCold) on my HOX. Only setting it up now but looks pretty fast already.

Stupidly I totally forgot to Nandroid or Titanium backup before flashing the new one. I feel like such a noob.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

can anyone point me towards a guide to rooting the one x on my mac all the guides seems to be windows

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Kanedmick

Hi!

Anyone know why I can buy a One S from Carphone Warehouse and can't from Meteor who are saying HTC have a block/recall on them?

Thanks!

Forgot to say that I might go for the Xperia S now instead....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

can anyone point me towards a guide to rooting the one x on my mac all the guides seems to be windows
    google for one click root htc one x, there's a few guides out there but all the one click ones i've seen have windows/mac/linux guides.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭michaelduignan

Kanedmick wrote: »
    Hi!

Anyone know why I can buy a One S from Carphone Warehouse and can't from Meteor who are saying HTC have a block/recall on them?

Thanks!

I tried to buy the HTC One S in a meteor shop yesterday and was told the same. "Block on sales until HTC issues a fix".
    Yet they still had the phone on display in the shop.
    Also when i asked for the phone - he asked me did i want 'pay as you go' or 'bill'? And was I already with Meteor? It wasn't until I answered all of this that he told me he could not sell it to me...really strange

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

vibe666 wrote: »
    google for one click root htc one x, there's a few guides out there but all the one click ones i've seen have windows/mac/linux guides.

i have done this but the all only provoid links to the windows htc drivers and links to the mac ones

just figured out i dont need drivers thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Kanedmick wrote: »
    Hi!

Thanks!

It's the chipping issue with the casing - which is a fairly significant flaw in the manufacturing process. I was told by e-mobile that they'd a huge amount of returns of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I have tried to put cm9 on my one x. Now it is stuck on the boot screen of cm9 and nothing happens.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Got my HTC!

So far? Impressed, but waiting for a full charge to investigate battery life.

Advertisement