Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

For anyone interested, there's a free 3 month Pro subscription code available to anyone who uses revolut banking app. Just go to the rewards section in the revolut app and in the search bar type Stadia.
    You can be a new or existing customer, doesn't matter.

Where do I redeem the code? Is it where you choose the credit card and there is a redeem code option at the bottom? I keep getting an error there.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

On an android device I needed to browse to the desktop version of stadia.com and then used this

Redeem a code on an existing account
    Sign into your account at stadia.com.
    In the top right, select your avatar Stadia - settings.
    On the left, select Redeem code.
    Enter your code into the text box and select Redeem.
    If the code is valid, a confirmation will appear

Where do I

redeem the code? Is it where you choose the credit card and there is a redeem code option at the bottom? I keep getting an error there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Can you cancel this straight away and still retain access for 3 months ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

KilOit wrote: »
    Can you cancel this straight away and still retain access for 3 months ?

Yep. I've cancelled mine already. Did after the last free 3 months I got too.

• Advertisement

Cyberpunk release date finally confirmed for Stadia. Same date as consoles. Available to pre order now. Think you get bonus in-game items if you pre order.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

In non Cyberpunk news, Ubi have finally revealed that Ubisoft Plus (Uplay Plus) will be coming to Amazon Luna on Nov 10th and Stadia "by the end of the year".

It won't cost you any extra if you already have it neither :)

https://www.pcgamesn.com/assassins-creed-valhalla/ubisoft-plus-stadia-luna

Nintendo has joined the streaming race. Control is now available to stream on Switch and Hitman 3 is coming to Switch next year through streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

Picked up a stadia for myself. Enjoying it so far. There is little or no online community for the games I am playing tho.

6 more games to play on Stadia Pro from today :)

https://twitter.com/GoogleStadia/status/1322946508392747009?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

What's the experience like of playing Football Manager 20 on Google Stadia?

Was tempted to pick up a bundle to play 21, although I see there's been no official confirmation of a Stadia Version this year as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fouro

For any YT Premium subscribers in UK as of at Nov 6th 2020 you are entitled to a free Stadia Gaming kit. Offer in US is no longer available. source

tgdaly wrote: »
    What's the experience like of playing Football Manager 20 on Google Stadia?

Was tempted to pick up a bundle to play 21, although I see there's been no official confirmation of a Stadia Version this year as of yet

I friend of mine has put about 200 hours into it on Stadia. He seems fairly happy with it :)
    He's been playing mostly mouse and keyboard, not sure what it's like to play using controller on TV. Those games are always best played using mouse and keyboard anyways.

Borderlands 3 currently on sale for €19.79 for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

I friend of mine has put about 200 hours into it on Stadia. He seems fairly happy with it :)
    He's been playing mostly mouse and keyboard, not sure what it's like to play using controller on TV. Those games are always best played using mouse and keyboard anyways.

Probably no ability to use editor or add players additonal leagues either when coming directly off stadia?

franglan wrote: »
    Probably no ability to use editor or add players additonal leagues either when coming directly off stadia?

You can buy the in-game editor for an extra €4.50

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Now I don't feel like I have to complete Red Dead Redemption 2 during my free months trial.

hey

Is this offer gone? I dont see it in the rewards section of my revolute app. I havent yet signed up for stadia, was going to this week....

thanks!

hey

Is this offer gone? I dont see it in the rewards section of my revolute app. I havent yet signed up for stadia, was going to this week....

thanks!

That offer is over, sorry.

Rumours going around that if you pre-order Cyberpunk on Stadia you'll get an email on december 10th with a link to claim a free premier edition stadia set (controller and chromecast). Unconfirmed yet though, seen a few things on reddit with screenshots from Stadia customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I hadn't known Cyberpunk would be coming to Stadia. That has suddenly made me rethink passing on this.

pixelburp wrote: »
    I hadn't known Cyberpunk would be coming to Stadia. That has suddenly made me rethink passing on this.

€60 gets you the game, a great controller and a chromecast ultra. Good deal. Pre-ordered.

Edit: also, happy birthday Stadia.

If you're not into Cyberpunk, the controller and chromecast is currently on special price of €68.85
    Nice value too :)

https://store.google.com/product/stadia

marcbrophy wrote: »
    If you're not into Cyberpunk, the controller and chromecast is currently on special price of €68.85
    Nice value too :)

https://store.google.com/product/stadia

True. But if you're not in a panic for it it is still cheaper to go the cyberpunk route. That'll only cost you €60. But if you need to have it before Christmas that's a decent price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

If you are a pro subscriber you can also use a €10 off voucher and get it all for €50 I think.

Edit: the voucher is not valid for pre orders so you could wait until it's out on the 10th and then try.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Anyone with a standard Eir 100mb unlimited connection have any experience using Stadia pro? Anything to be worried about?

This offer is tempting but concerned about "unlimited" caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

I am on virgin and it works well most of the time.
    But when you start getting lag or delays you might aswell put it away as its unusable.
    It would be frustrating if I had a scheduled window to play it and at that time the internets performance was crappy

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

€60 gets you the game, a great controller and a chromecast ultra. Good deal. Pre-ordered.

Edit: also, happy birthday Stadia.

Are you sure it applies to Ireland? The deal seems to specify the UK..

clacks wrote: »
    Are you sure it applies to Ireland? The deal seems to specify the UK..

It appears when I open my app on the phone.

• Advertisement

Anyone with a standard Eir 100mb unlimited connection have any experience using Stadia pro? Anything to be worried about?

This offer is tempting but concerned about "unlimited" caps.

I had eir up until about 3 months ago. Only left them because they're a dose to deal with. But never had any issue paying Stadia with them. Was getting download speeds of 25mbs roughly. Sometimes it would dip slightly below 20mbs but that wouldn't affect gameplay. Ping and jitter was also very good.
    I'm with Vodafone now which is much faster and I can play on 4k now all the time if I want. I think Stadia recommends you have 25 - 30 mbs speeds for 4k.

Advertisement