Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SuitableMinute

Anyone with Cablewatch broadband and is happy? Moving to an apartment in the area around Aldi, and looks like they provide the fastest broadband in the area, I'm looking to go with their 250mb plan. I read old bad reviews but in more recent reviews, people seem happy with the speed.

Vodafone and providers on the EIR network aren't clear whether they can get fibre to my apartment.

Edit: Actually, Vodafone got back to me and they might be able to offer 85mb fibre. Still 1/3 of what Cablewatch claims to offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

That's fibre to the cabinet. There are issues I don't fully understand with fibre into the apartments.

I don't think we're allowed to make service recommendations on the forum other than to make factual statements. I'd suggest you'd have a second look at those positive reviews and make sure you're happy they're real people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Anyone with Cablewatch broadband and is happy? Moving to an apartment in the area around Aldi, and looks like they provide the fastest broadband in the area, I'm looking to go with their 250mb plan. I read old bad reviews but in more recent reviews, people seem happy with the speed.

Vodafone and providers on the EIR network aren't clear whether they can get fibre to my apartment.

Edit: Actually, Vodafone got back to me and they might be able to offer 85mb fibre. Still 1/3 of what Cablewatch claims to offer

I have cable watch and am extremely happy with it. Very fast speeds and has not given me any issues yet for the past month. Would highly recommend

After saying this it’s bound to not work all weekend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

cronos wrote: »
    Same here. I was guessing it was just delayed due to the AGM delay.

What are the management fees/ service charges for 2 beds at Watermint Court?

Thanks in advance for info.

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    What are the management fees/ service charges for 2 beds at Watermint Court?

Thanks in advance for info.

If you're buying you should insist that on evidence of this from the Vendor plus proof there is no arrears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Manion wrote: »
    If you're buying you should insist that on evidence of this from the Vendor plus proof there is no arrears.

I was asking for info here on service charges prior to taking any further steps...

I know quite a bit about Conveyancing

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    I was asking for info here on service charges prior to taking any further steps...

I know quite a bit about Conveyancing

You seem to have taken this as having a go at your Conveyancing prowess. The vendor is the best source of information on what the management fee is in our development as it's based on property type and square footage. The 2019 charge for apartments looks to have been around 23 Euro a Square meter plus a 102 Euro charge for a parking spot. So roughly 2K a year depending on the specifics of the apartment. Management fees for 2021 have not to been issued yet but the expectation is that they are roughly aligned with previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SuitableMinute

Manion wrote: »
    That's fibre to the cabinet. There are issues I don't fully understand with fibre into the apartments.

I don't think we're allowed to make service recommendations on the forum other than to make factual statements. I'd suggest you'd have a second look at those positive reviews and make sure you're happy they're real people.
    Shanee. wrote: »
    I have cable watch and am extremely happy with it. Very fast speeds and has not given me any issues yet for the past month. Would highly recommend

After saying this it’s bound to not work all weekend :P

Thanks both. I ended up going with Vodafone, hopefully they can set it all up just fine. The speed they offer 75mb-85mb works just fine for me. I'm going to be working from home so can't take a gamble on the provider, and anyway Vodafone had a cheaper 30eur plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Has anyone converted or enquired if it is possible? We are in an Ash house type and it's something we'd be interested in getting done down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bdub

Hi all,

the side-panel of our bathtub was swelling due to moisture and I want to replace it. Does anyone know if I can buy a board with the same veneer anywhere? If I can't get the same veneer, I plan to just replace it with some wetroom suitable/moisture resistant plasterboard and paint it in the wall color. Any alternative ideas?

Here is the old side-panel and a closeup of the veneer:

JEuQGZr.jpg

MNj2yed.jpg

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Hi,

Long time no posting. Some of you will undoubtedly have encountered the problem that during the summer months the house can get extremely hot. We live in a Herron style house with south-facing windows and the master bedroom was hitting 28 degrees there a couple of weeks ago and it's the same every summer. The house is great but impossible to cool.

Anyway, we took the dive and got Air conditioning installed.

It's the first time in weeks the bedroom has dropped below 24 degrees.

We got the Panasonic Etherea VKE as it had a couple of extras like WiFi connectivity and air purification. We've spent the last number of years fantasising about AirCon in the master bedroom when the summer heatwave hits. I'd even contacted a few places but no one would do domestic. I stumbled across a crowd this year happy to do the job with a range of options.

It does involve putting holes through walls though, which is something I was fairly anxious about given the timber frame but it looks like a good job was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭minkey

Hi Manion

Thanks for the info. Its something I have thought about myself however because we were at home all the time we were able to manage with just opening windows and closing blinds. Im in a Hazel type house and all the bedrooms are at the front so I wouldnt fancy the ac unit out the front of the house . I was thinking about a decent fan...but havent had to get one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Hi all, I've made enquiries here in the past about the network cabling in the Heron (I think, 3 story, 4 beds) and some of you provided good info with pics. Anyway it's the brothers house and in the last few weeks I finally had the chance to get over for a quick look. I'm lead to believe all the house's LAN ports should run to the utility room where they need to be terminated. Is this correct?

I could find nothing in the utility apart from the attached and that open grey box at the top was full of what look like coax.

Did the builder actually provide any info on this? The auld fella mentioned that there's a big booklet in the kitchen but I wasn't aware of this at the time

That Gray box contains tv coax cables. In theory of you got cable watch you could run that from the porch, into the utility and from there into each room.

On the same wall go down to where there should be a double power socket. Beside that you should see a blank white panel with the ethernet wires behind that.

The layout of yours seems to reverse of mine so there is potential some wiring differences. I noticed the odd looking box below what appears to be an alarm panel, perhaps that's giving up the wires.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yes I removed the blank plate beside the double socket but in there is a plastic back box that I gave a wiggle and does move but would not come out without taking a chunk of drywall with it - no cables in there, just an empty back box. I'll have a look at getting it out when I'm over again. Thanks.

Edit found an old pic he sent me of said back box

Unfortunately it looks like they didn't complete the wiring. That definitely the box they are meant to be wired into.

Its past 6 months for the property so potentially you don't have recourse but I'd contact ballymore anyway, that's a major **** up on their part with a material financial impact in terms of the value of the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

Lots of home improvements done in the neighbourhood over the last 18 months!

Has anyone had an air conditioning system installed?

Has anyone added velux windows to a Heron (or similar house)?

We got air con installed. Just scroll up for pictures.

Looks good Manion. That's next on the list so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I'm also curious about velux windows in a heron. If you get any info give me a shout 😉

• Advertisement

Did you ever get the EV Charger sorted out? I understand from the EV forum that the regulations have been clarified and that EV Chargers can be wired directly from the meter box as opposed to having to go all the way back to the fuse board.

Hi all,

the idea of an extension recently came up in our house (Heron type). Just checking if anyone has looked into this and can give some insights, like cost, effect on energy rating, how long did it take to build, how did you deal with the manhole covers in the back etc.

Thanks!

Not venturing into that. Are you thinking of going building out beside the family room or extending length ways along the garden?

Post edited by Manion on

Beside the family room. Would only be around 12sqm, so afaik no planning permission required. Haven't done any research yet, just checking if someone has done it.

Does anyone know when the new shop is due to open at the corner of Bridge Ave & Spindrift Ave?

Planning permission is for a cafe and I saw a good bit of activity last month but nothing since.

Hi,

Ive found I don't really know how the heating system works. We're in a Herron and have two thermostats. The programmer is the for two zones. Are these the ground and upstairs rads or is the all the radiators and the hot water? I suspect it's not controlling the hot water, but then the question is, how is the hot water controlled?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Hot water is managed directly from the joule unit , it was set very high when we moved in and I dropped it 10 degrees on the unit . Made a difference to elec bills

Ah. Is this the immersion connection I see going to the wall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I think so , the water temp is WW temp on the screen , and you can set that on the joule unit

Advertisement