Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge 45" x 30" or 40" x 30" Poster Print for £8.58 Delivered @ Photobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

how is it working for people? Ive tried on Both sites, Ive tried numerous email address. Ive tried using my browser as Private, and i still get that message when i put in the BIGPOSTER as the discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Came today, looks very nice with good image quality.

I used a picture that was at 2K size which gave me notices about it being low quality so put it through Photoshop and just scaled it up to 5k size.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Arrived today and paper quality just like standard photographic paper (nice and thick).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I used a picture that was at 2K resolution which gave me notices about it being low quality so put it through Photoshop and just scaled it up to 5k resolution.
    Am I missing something here when people say things like this? Surely photoshop just softens out the pixels a bit more than giving them the smaller image would.

Pretty much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Snow Crash

Whoever bought one of these should upload some photos of it so we can see the quality and size comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

how long does it take to arrive ? (if I order today - would it be delivered next week ??)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Am I missing something here when people say things like this? Surely photoshop just softens out the pixels a bit more than giving them the smaller image would.

Of course it made no difference in increasing image quality but for me it was throwing up errors and stopping me from ordering so I just scaled it up to simply bypass it.

EDIT: Looking at my post I phrased it wrong, I didn't mean resolution but size of the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Thanks a lot OP.
    This make a nice little additional gift for the OH.

Snow Crash wrote: »
    Whoever bought one of these should upload some photos of it so we can see the quality and size comparison.

My phone shot came out blurred so rest assured the pic itself is in focus, but gives you an idea.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1182iyq&s=5#.Uqr1_CdZjzA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

mrcheez wrote: »
    My phone shot came out blurred so rest assured the pic itself is in focus, but gives you an idea.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1182iyq&s=5#.Uqr1_CdZjzA

Is that the Snapseed sample image?

Dave147 wrote: »
    Is that the Snapseed sample image?

The wha? Nah it's a photo I took in Namibia last year.

Snow Crash wrote: »
    The one I got is already wrapped and all for a gift, but I thought the quality was really good overall. No way you'd find a print anywhere near that price elsewhere that was as good imo.

On the basis of some things in the photo it looked like a low-res photo so I'm super optimistic regarding quality of the 20MP one I ordered.

By the way, reckon I'd be able to get a refund or a second order of the original image I ordered without having to send back the one they sent by mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

The one I got is already wrapped and all for a gift, but I thought the quality was really good overall. No way you'd find a print anywhere near that price elsewhere that was as good imo.

On the basis of some things in the photo it looked like a low-res photo so I'm super optimistic regarding quality of the 20MP one I ordered.

By the way, reckon I'd be able to get a refund or a second order of the original image I ordered without having to send back the one they sent by mistake?

Where did you get a 20MP pic?

Corkbah wrote: »
    how long does it take to arrive ? (if I order today - would it be delivered next week ??)

I ordered mine today and it is due to be dispatched on Monday 16th and 3-5 days for delivery

I used this image and when it arrived (and subsequently lost! :mad:) i found it a little pixelly in the 45x30 size - I dont think anyone would be going up to it that close anyway

http://www.centralpark.com/usr/photos/large/51/the-plaza-from-the-gapstow-bridge.jpg

Where did you get a 20MP pic?
    GIS->Search Tools->Larger Than...->20MP
    I used this image and when it arrived (and subsequently lost! ) i found it a little pixelly in the 45x30 size - I dont think anyone would be going up to it that close anyway

http://www.centralpark.com/usr/photos/large/51/the-plaza-from-the-gapstow-bridge.jpg
    That's about 3MP, I think? A little pixelly isn't that bad for that size.

bigron2109 wrote: »
    how is it working for people? Ive tried on Both sites, Ive tried numerous email address. Ive tried using my browser as Private, and i still get that message when i put in the BIGPOSTER as the discount.

I just ordered my second...whether they'll honour it is anyone's guess. Here's what I do:

Install Google Chrome. Open an incognito tab. Click the link on the first post here. Create a new photobox account (with a disposable email address like mailinator.com and don't use your usual password). Go to the checkout once you've uploaded your image. Enter your address. Finally enter the "bigposter" code and you'll get a pop up about some other offer they're running (anything but that Ref: 8142 error code is a God send). Pay using PayPal!

I ordered mine today and it is due to be dispatched on Monday 16th and 3-5 days for delivery

thanks - will try get one uploaded today

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Does anyone know where Photobox dispatch from? My order was dispatched on the 10th and no sign yet.

• Advertisement

redbuck wrote: »
    Does anyone know where Photobox dispatch from? My order was dispatched on the 10th and no sign yet.

Mine took 5 WORKING days to arrive. So yours should arrive later today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

That's great thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

redbuck wrote: »

Germany afaik.

just ordered mine and its now reduced to £4 per print.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Dave147 wrote: »
    Germany afaik.
    says uk on their website or at least their address is there on site.
    anyone who got it did you have to go to post office to collect it or do they deliver to house ? as site mentions because of size,its possible that you might need to collect it,dunno how post works here with big sized stuff,as i don't think its priority mail.

Corkbah wrote: »
    just ordered mine and its now reduced to £4 per print.

It's £4.99 + £3.59 delivery = £8.58

so same deal as always?

mrcheez wrote: »
    It's £4.99 + £2.99 delivery = £7.98 non?

apologies … £4.99 not £4 as I said earlier.

so my two prints and postage to Ireland was around £13 and some change !!

dang, quoted me before I fixed the price .. it's £8.58 as before :)

I ordered another there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

have to say wow,just got mine delivered and it looks amazing worth every cent.As i showed my pic couple pages back i was concerned about low dpi and resolution,so as expected there are some pixels visible from about 20 inches away,but step aside a meter and its perfect,especially black color is unique,and even tiniest dots came out clear.Will defo order again even if its full price.now only dilemma is to find a way to put it somehow onto the wall.once done will upload pic.

• Advertisement

scamalert wrote: »
    have to say wow,just got mine delivered and it looks amazing worth every cent.As i showed my pic couple pages back i was concerned about low dpi and resolution,so as expected there are some pixels visible from about 20 inches away,but step aside a meter and its perfect,especially black color is unique,and even tiniest dots came out clear.Will defo order again even if its full price.now only dilemma is to find a way to put it somehow onto the wall.once done will upload pic.

I am really impressed too...if you go up close (like a few inches) you can see obvious pixelation but as you say, stand back a metre or two and it's perfect.

I got mine for my wife...a picture of the place we got engaged so I'm looking for the most cost effective way to get it up on the wall...let me know if you come across any suitable.

Would buying a canvas and sticking it to that work I wonder?

Advertisement