Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge 45" x 30" or 40" x 30" Poster Print for £8.58 Delivered @ Photobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

deegs wrote: »
    for the rest the mounting to MDF is what I normally do. Just get a can of 3M spray adhesive for mounting and it done in a few seconds. Ez Pz

How do you ensure that you get no bubbles underneath? Always have this problem on phone/tablet protectors but I imagine 45" will be somewhat harder to work with, not to mention with glue.

Also I did a little reading & there was mention of "acid" coming through the MDF onto the photo over time. Apparently an alternative type of board is suggested.

I'll see what I come up with when I finally get the print ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

the photo paper is a lot thicker and therefore a lot more forgiving on bubbles.
    Also glue is involved so its relatively hard to get bubbles. I've never had issues in several years!

Hmm 3 separate forums maintain a strong case against putting pic on plain MDF due to acid seeping through over time (1, 2, 3). Seem to suggest Foamcore as alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Sorry your right!
    I use mounting card for photo's with 3m adhesive and mdf for canvas with a staple gun...

Mounting card probably would not work for something this size...
    I wonder if you sealed the mdf first before using the adhesive would that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

pulled the trigger as wanted my picture done for a long while,but encounteretd same trouble as others quality isnt high enough,so question is will it look decent,i choose the biggest size,heres the pic
    2rdvqz5.jpg

• Advertisement

sorry for massive pic,just need opinions as deal sounds great.Photo specs are 1977 x 1080 72dpi-what bothers me dpi is of very low quality :/

yeah it's a little small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Did anyone else get the wrong poster? I'm not complaining to be honest, the one I got instead rules, the quality is way better than I expected and reordered my original thing in higher quality regardless. But yeah, just letting people know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Did anyone else get the wrong poster? I'm not complaining to be honest, the one I got instead rules, the quality is way better than I expected and reordered my original thing in higher quality regardless.

Oh god, I hope mine doesn't go to the wrong person. :eek:

Nobody needs to see that.

Thinking he means wrong size... I mean that would be pretty bad if they delivered the wrong bleeding pic :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Nope man, wrong pic, right specifications. The invoice includes an image of what it's meant to be too.

Edit: the image looks like it was a low res photo for the size but its got a sort of blurry grainy look to it that isn't bad at all.

Assuming my other order arrives okay, I kinda wish I got a photo of myself printed out...

Oh that's great...that's just great...

Got mine today and it was as I ordered....lovely stuff...thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

+1. Colours are a bit darker/less saturated than on screen, but I'd allowed for that. Image looks good and sharp, even though the website also told me it was only "medium" quality.

Got mine today and it was as I ordered....lovely stuff...thanks OP.
    how long was delivery from purchase ?ty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Is this deal still going as when i try to order as a new customer, the discount code is not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Is this deal still going as when i try to order as a new customer, the discount code is not working.

I think it has expired, as I tried the other day and got a message about the coupon expiring the previous day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Hey, I ordered the big 45x30 print - does anyone know where I'd pick up a reasonably priced frame for this size? Im not talking a real fancy one, just plain and simple

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

bigron2109 wrote: »

I made another order only yesterday on the .co.UK site with bigposter. It shows the date it was supposed to expire but still works fine. I've 6 ordered under 2 email address's, no problems. Should have the first 3 tomorrow I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

I made another order only yesterday on the .co.UK site with bigposter. It shows the date it was supposed to expire but still works fine. I've 6 ordered under 2 email address's, no problems. Should have the first 3 tomorrow I'd say.

your right it seems to be working again now! sweet!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Keep getting having used a couple of different email addresses and using the co.uk version too.

Sorry, you're not eligible to use this offer. Ref. 8142

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

This message comes up on entering the code, but it seems to work anyway.
    For 2 Day's Only, Our largest 2 posters (40" x 30" or 45" x 30") are only £4.99

This offer entitles you to a 40" x 30" or 45" x 30" Poster for only £4.99 when you enter the offer code "BIGPOSTER" at the checkout.

Offer ends 11:59pm Thursday 19th September 2013 and excludes postage.

Discount doesn't apply when purchasing Credits.

Please note: This offer code is limited to five posters per customer, use of this code is limited to once per customer (1 ORDER PER CUSTOMER). All standard terms & conditions apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

Got mine today - absolutely fantastic.
    thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

If you put your browser into private / incognito mode and register it works! Awesome! ordered 3

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Got my one direction poster today.....pure enough quality but has to do with image i uploaded i guess. well it should work a treat as part of the 2 tickets santa has brought my daughter for xmas. Even the noticable pixels on Niall Horans face shouldnt ruin that!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

I was trying to get the highest quality image I could find online and I used the space pictures from the link given here but they were all low quality when I uploaded them to the site. Can anybody link me to a very high res space picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

I was trying to get the highest quality image I could find online and I used the space pictures from the link given here but they were all low quality when I uploaded them to the site. Can anybody link me to a very high res space picture?

Google is your friend
    NASA have Heaps of Ultra High res space pictures.

It arrived yesterday and I left the ****ing thing on the train last night - FUMING

I called the station when I got home and no sign of it being handed in and checked in Heuston lost and found this morning and nothing...

I'm ****in ragin with myself...got it for my wife for Christmas

• Advertisement

Just ordered one again - still working fine lads!

Advertisement