Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge 45" x 30" or 40" x 30" Poster Print for £8.58 Delivered @ Photobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

great deal, ordered one for the craic....

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

what is the expiry date on this do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

Getting the error message:
    Sorry, you're not eligible to use this offer. Ref. 8142

Anyone else getting that?
    Great BA, by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

Getting the error message:
    Sorry, you're not eligible to use this offer. Ref. 8142

Anyone else getting that?
    Great BA, by the way!

I got the same initially. You have to be a new member for this promotion (they do this for every offer).

I just sign up with a different email address every time. You can use your usual details for everything else.

They may have exceeded their limit too, sometimes that error message comes up for that problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

What resolution does the image have to be to come out alright on this? It kept saying the image was too small/low quality but I uploaded a 2560 x 1600 pixel image. The image looks all distorted even though in the preview box on windows it looks just fine.

Any help would be appreciated..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

Don't worry about it. It won't look razor sharp but it won't look awful at that resolution either. It'll be about 56 dots per inch (if you get the 45" version). If you CAN get a higher quality image, I'd recommend it though. It's a good price for what it is in any case.

Lads I was at this for ages and kept getting the error "Ref 8142" message. Eventually I put Chrome into Incognito mode (CTRL+SHIFT+N), signed up with a new email address and it finally accepted that damned "BIGPOSTER" voucher code!!! :D

Here's what I ordered:

Poster

Might not turn out so well but for a tenner it's worth a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

The Hubble Ultra-Deep Field makes a nice picture if you're in need of a high-res image.
    It's basically a photograph of a random, relatively quiet portion of space.

Here's a tiny bit of it:
    275px-Hubble_Ultra_Deep_Field_part_d.jpg

Here's a link to a 6,200 × 6,200 pixel version of it.
    You might find a nicer or better quality version somewhere here on Google.
    You'll have to crop it to fit 45" × 35".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Fanbloody-tastic got some really nice pics I took of Sossusvlei, Namibia that I was hoping to one day get printed.

Any idea how long this deal lasts for?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Printed off an image there, fair chance it'll look like absolute dirt due to the resolution but it's worth the risk if I might get a really cool poster out of it.

My transformers one was only 450kB to begin with but somebody over at HUKD somehow used something with a plugin to enlarge it. My point is that if you have a image that's low quality it can be upscaled before you go printing and paying for something crappy.

My transformers one was only 450kB to begin with but somebody over at HUKD somehow used something with a plugin to enlarge it. My point is that if you have a image that's low quality it can be upscaled before you go printing and paying for something crappy.

HKUD?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I have a 2.33MB 3264*2488 jpeg image and its telling me it can't upload it because its either too small(less than 20KB),too big (more than 10MB) or not a Jpeg.

Its clearly not any those things.Great offer,awful website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

wish it included panoramic prints, been wanting one for ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Anyone who got this, did you go for matt or gloss? Presume it comes in a tube?

I'm going to go for matte. Will look much more professional imho.

Won't show fingerprints, won't show glare as much. Gloss tends to stick to glass in a frame as well. Matte is generally best for presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Anybody know where to get a decent cheap enough frame for the poster? Went for 3 40*30 in the end myself yday, code worked first time on an existing account myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhF_56SxrGk ?

• Advertisement

Ideo wrote: »
    Anybody know where to get a decent cheap enough frame for the poster? Went for 3 40*30 in the end myself yday, code worked first time on an existing account myself

IKEA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭romperstomper

jpeg? it won't take vectors?

I was hoping it'd take RAW and allow for manipulation on the site, but time to get the Photoshop out I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭romperstomper

ordered. unreal bargain @9.19e delivered. fair play OP

"Ref 8142".. damn it.

I signed up with a new email as wel..

HELP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Just ordered. Matt finish was defaulted but I chose gloss. Hope that'll look ok. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

CasualLiKE wrote: »
    "Ref 8142".. damn it.

I signed up with a new email as wel..

HELP!

If the code's still valid, try using incognito/privacy mode on your browser. It worked for somebody over on the hotukdeals thread. [Link]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

sick, just ordered one from vistaprint for 33 euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

Thanks - just got this!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Any advise on places to find big images to upload. I'm looking for a decent Breaking Bad image but everyone I upload looks like a pixaly blur on the preview.

Advertisement