Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge 45" x 30" or 40" x 30" Poster Print for £8.58 Delivered @ Photobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Ive got sticky tap, or no mor nails stuff, double sided, that leaves no marks on the wall if removed, as I wanted picture to be like poster no space behind.did the work ok, only stupid thing ive done I used wet napkin to get rid of finger prints that left some blur marks as paint is still very fresh, all in total still looks great, might order another to do it on plastic covered with glass, as otherwise there can be seen some twitches on the picture when looking from different angles.have yet to see how it looks in day light.

Heres rough image taken with my crapy tablet to give an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Very happy with mine too. Barely noticable pixelation, framed it in the stromby (i think) frame from ikea someone posted earlier in the thread. Now looks the business hanging in my hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

c - 13 wrote: »
    framed it in the stromby (i think) frame from ikea someone posted earlier

Glad to oblige :D now do the same for the 45-inchers and we're good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Very happy with mine too. Barely noticable pixelation, framed it in the stromby (i think) frame from ikea someone posted earlier in the thread. Now looks the business hanging in my hall.

I took a look on the Ikea website for frames but couldn't find anything for a 45x30in or 40x30in print - would this stromby frame come in this size do you know. How much was it?

• Advertisement

I took a look on the Ikea website for frames but couldn't find anything for a 45x30in or 40x30in print - would this stromby frame come in this size do you know. How much was it?

It was a 40 x 30 and this was the frame I used.

40" = 101cm
    30" = 76cm

Frame is 100x70

So I had to trim about 1 cm off it across the horizontal plane and about 6 cm off the vertical plane. Did this with a sharp scalpel and it dropped into the frame nicely, not noticable it was trimmed at all.

The frame was available in black and silver (i think), was €20 and is quite heavily built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Looks great - that your photo?

J o e wrote: »
    Looks great - that your photo?

Nope its a still from "The Exorcist" I swiped of the internet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Nope its a still from "The Exorcist" I swiped of the internet :)

I'd say there's a lot of robbing photos off the net going on. At least with an image this large it should be obvious of photos are saved off a photographer's Flickr page or website.

It was a 40 x 30 and this was the frame I used.

40" = 101cm
    30" = 76cm

Frame is 100x70

So I had to trim about 1 cm off it across the horizontal plane and about 6 cm off the vertical plane. Did this with a sharp scalpel and it dropped into the frame nicely, not noticable it was trimmed at all.

The frame was available in black and silver (i think), was €20 and is quite heavily built.

Excellent - thanks mate. Lubbly Jubbly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Finally was able to order two last night for the english site. Cost me €16 odd for the two including delivery .

Any chance of me having them for Xmas if they are coming from England ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

bigron2109 wrote: »

Any chance of me having them for Xmas if they are coming from England ?

I think they come from BELGIUM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I'd be hopeful. Just to add a word of praise where it's due —

I originally ordered one poster and it was delivered (to Ireland) in under a week by DPD. I was so pleased with it that I went back via the link and, because you only get to use this code once per account, set up a new account and ordered a second one (different image). Unfortunately I clicked too quickly through the PayPal payment page and accidentally ordered this one for delivery to my daughter's address in London, where I often send stuff that can't be delivered outside the UK. Grand, I thought, she can bring it over with her when she comes home for Christmas. Then I remembered that she was flying with Ryanair and wouldn't be allowed carry a three-foot tube onto the plane with her, so I emailed them to ask if there was any possibility of re-addressing the order. This was on a Friday evening, and by the time they replied on Monday it was to say sorry, too late, the order had already been dispatched. So I thanked them anyway and figured ah well, €10 wasted. The next day (yesterday) I got a follow-up email from their Customer Services apologising for not having been able to amend the delivery address (even though I'd kind of cheated by availing of the offer twice) and telling me that as a goodwill gesture they'd ordered a second free copy of the poster to be posted to me directly — and that it should be here before Dec. 24th... :)

Fair play, in fairness.

Just chancing my arm here but is the code still working by any chance?

heres a better picture of mine,its huge in size so might take a while to load

2a4sbih.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to take up photography, having prints like this at such a reasonable cost is quite inspiring. I imagine in my mind visitors asking where I got such wonderful work and I would proudly exclaim "Oh that photo, oh I took that myself a few years back....."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Happy out with the 3 I got , the third is a present for my brother.
    285133.jpg
    285131.jpg

Nope, just checked. Looks like finito.

Worked for me last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Dutchy

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Worked for me last night.

Promo finished at 11 a.m. today (Wednesday). I know because after searching online for the perfect pic, i went through the process of uploading to their website, and got that PFO message just before 12. Perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

Was wondering, did anyone here get the frame from IKEA? Is it any good? I got quoted over €150 from a local frame maker. I recall the one in IKEA was just €20.

Looks like it!

Was wondering, did anyone here get the frame from IKEA? Is it any good? I got quoted over €150 from a local frame maker. I recall the one in IKEA was just €20.

I've got that frame before for another picture and it was perfect and got it at €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

got mine today …. its part of a chrissy pressie - which I won't be able to complete - will take too much time to make and I've too much other stuff to complete before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I keep getting a low quality image message. Even though I got it from the 20mp or larger option from Google images.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    I keep getting a low quality image message. Even though I got it from the 20mp or larger option from Google images.

I got that message from an even lower 8mp camera phone picture on the 45x30 size. The resulting print is perfect, so surprised at how it turned out, so wouldn't worry about the warning message too much.

This has to be in my top 5 bargain alerts.

Got mt two posters today. WOW i'm in love. Amazing quality.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mrstee

Huge thanks OP. Had a very happy hubby this morning

He took a pic of a leopard which was about 8ft away from of us when we were on safari last year and it looks amazing as a poster. Will be proudly displayed in the sitting room once we get a frame sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

40GIFTS will get you 40% off, is there any better deals?

Want to get this one printed:

Marc Marquez

• Advertisement

Advertisement