Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Office 365 2FA for MFA is spotty with GoMo I find....texts can take a long time to come through!? I end up having to get it to call me on my GoMo number then 2 mins later the texts arrive!?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

madmoe wrote: »
    Office 365 2FA for MFA is spotty with GoMo I find....texts can take a long time to come through!? I end up having to get it to call me on my GoMo number then 2 mins later the texts arrive!?

Cheers,
    M

Why not use the Microsoft Authenticator, it's very quick for Office365 and saves loads of typing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Hi all,

I received my bill today but was €2 for each premium text(SMS & MMS). does this mean it's €2 to send a text?

Also what's premium text, don't remember sending any texts as usually use whatsapp, etc.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Could be a donation text or something similar. Look at your bill and you will see what number was texted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

hawaii501 wrote:
    I received my bill today but was €2 for each premium text(SMS & MMS). does this mean it's €2 to send a text?

That seems to be a competition entry text such as the Late Late Show competition.

• Advertisement

It is 2 texts from a 57666 number, just checked the date and it was during Cheltenham week(before the lockdown) therefore highly intoxicated which explains why I don't remember :)

Cheers both.

Why not use the Microsoft Authenticator, it's very quick for Office365 and saves loads of typing.

I have used an authentication app before but changed phones and did reinstall it yet.

Thanks for the reminder ;-)

M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

hawaii501 wrote: »
    It is 2 texts from a 57666 number, just checked the date and it was during Cheltenham week(before the lockdown) therefore highly intoxicated which explains why I don't remember :)

Cheers both.

One of these might trigger your memory.

https://servicechecker.comreg.ie/Find/Index?ShortCode=57666

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Anybody else find the speed very slow today, I can normally work the laptop and use the phone but the hotspot stopped working the minute I took a call today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Anybody else find the speed very slow today, I can normally work the laptop and use the phone but the hotspot stopped working the minute I took a call today.

Yeah that's par for the course.You generally can't make calls and have the hotspot work simultaneously.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's par for the course.You generally can't make calls and have the hotspot work simultaneously.

Is there a setting where that can be changed??

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

madmoe wrote: »
    Is there a setting where that can be changed??

Cheers,
    M

Not as far as I know, used have that problem a few years ago, had to log on to a remote application, I'd be running stuff, Phone would ring.......take call, drop connection. A dual sim phone gets around it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

In theory, calls and data should work simultaneously in 3G mode.

Check what shows in the signal indicator when you make a call...does it go from 4G to 3G or 4G to 2G.

Then make a call when phone is in 3G mode (set this in Mobile Network settings) and check if data is still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Is there a way of seeing a detailed bill. I was charged more than 9.99/

I had interternational and premium calls barred.

It is good value.

Speeds and call.quality can vary

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

tv3tg4 wrote: »

It is good value.

It will be under "My Bills".

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

tv3tg4 wrote: »

It is good value.

We were charged 2 euro more also randomly.

What does it say on the bill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Doubt it's randomly you're bill will tell you what the charge is for

DopeTech wrote: »

Thanks a lot for this, nearly positive someone mentioned Laura Lynn and that explains the 2 small donations :)

• Advertisement

Doubt it's randomly you're bill will tell you what the charge is for

Exactly, Is it now beyond people to check their itemised bills?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jamesieliz

2 texts on my wife’s bill for 30 cents from Niger, how do I block scammers like this for her ?

2 texts on my wife’s bill for 30 cents from Niger, how do I block scammers like this for her ?

30c each or for both?

The international SMS rate is 15c.

What specific details are on the bill?

Is there any SMS record on the phone for the texts?

Scams are usually in the order of 2.50 x 8 for premium SMS, so 30c for texts seem like it might be a billing error unless something was sent accidentally.

Either way tell gomo to apply a premium SMS bar to the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

I wondered why mine was higher than the usual €9.99, forgot, I sent SMSs to RTE and Newstalk.... complete waste. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Can you use GoMo sim as a WiFi hotspot in an iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Can you use GoMo sim as a WiFi hotspot in an iPhone?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Osbourn

My last two bills have extra charges in the amount of €7.50 for three SMS messages to austria. This if I uderstand it relates to scam calls I am getting. An app I am using blockes the call next I get a text message which I only replied one time saying stop. GOMO are telling me that a) when I signed up I used a premium service number when the number I am using is the number that was on the sim card. Now their telling me I opted into premium number options. I do not recall opting for anything other that the basic €9.99 per month. Is this a scam or something. Lets wait a few months then we will start hitting them with charges. I am about tired of this and fully intend to pursue it through COMREG and the comsumer agencies.

You'll need a complaint reference number for Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

GoMO have an opt out of premium services in Accounts Details, bar mobile services.

I can't remember if it was default opt in or opt out.

• Advertisement

It's opted in by default so you need to request opt out, which is a flaw, Comreg should stipulate that it's disabled by default but then no one would opt in and Comreg wouldn't get any licence fee revenue.

At the very least they should ban reverse charge SMS so that if a user wanted to enter a competition, they could do so without being blindsided by a scam by unscrupulous companies.

It's bizarre that Comreg just allow this to continue and it's equally bizarre that there is little to no coverage by consumer journalists of what seems to be a widespread problem.

Advertisement