Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Is anyone else finding 4g slow tonight? I'm in Dublin.

Seems to be back to normal tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Hi Can u use Gomo sim in an iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Osbourn wrote: »
    My last two bills have extra charges in the amount of €7.50 for three SMS messages to austria. This if I uderstand it relates to scam calls I am getting. An app I am using blockes the call next I get a text message which I only replied one time saying stop. GOMO are telling me that a) when I signed up I used a premium service number when the number I am using is the number that was on the sim card. Now their telling me I opted into premium number options. I do not recall opting for anything other that the basic €9.99 per month. Is this a scam or something. Lets wait a few months then we will start hitting them with charges. I am about tired of this and fully intend to pursue it through COMREG and the comsumer agencies.

Don't delay now!

Hi Can u use Gomo sim in an iPad?

Yes you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Guys, can somebody help me with getting Call Catcher to work ? I had it working last October but I must have changed something in my voicemail settings since then.
    I don't want any voicemail, just a message telling a caller (while my phone is off) that 'Meteor' (I know) call catcher will send a text, etc....
    If I go into my voicemail and press 4 to turn it on I still go straight to voicemail (from another phone, with mine off). If I turn off all diverts the caller just gets the "person you are calling cannot be reached" message, but no mention of call catcher and I don't get a text when I power on again.
    I had this same problem with Meteor a few years ago, but afaik I contacted Customer Care and they reset my voicemail to get it working again.
    I have contacted GoMo's Care Team and all I'm getting is 'press 4 to turn on call catcher'......

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭AgriLad

Sorry if this has been asked before but can someone please tell me how to check remaining data balance?

Checked the website but couldn’t find anything thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You'll have to go by the data usage settings on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

my phone is on the way out and im with GOMO, they don't sell phones so where can i buy a replacement? EIR?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

Jovetic wrote: »
    my phone is on the way out and im with GOMO, they don't sell phones so where can i buy a replacement? EIR?

Could get a dual sim unlocked phone for max flexibility direct on Amazon or from Xiaomi uk for about 90 eurots.

https://event.mi.com/uk/sales2020/spring-sale-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Jovetic wrote: »

Any SIM free phone wil accept your SIM. Amazon UK is probably your best best. What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Got a GoMo sim today to test it out. I'm with Eir on a bill pay plan a long time and expected GoMo to be pretty similar but at less cost. However, after putting it in the second sim slot in my phone alongside my Eir sim it is atrocious.

I am getting barely any signal with the GoMo sim and getting only 1.5mbps download speeds. With my Eir sim I am getting download speeds of 20mbps. Since GoMo is using the Eir network I was expecting it to be very close to what I am getting with Eir, but it is actual unusable! Is this just the way it is? Or is there something wrong with my GoMo sim?

Edit: Switch to 3G and I get speeds of 8mbps. WTF?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Could it be your phone settings?

New Home wrote: »
    Could it be your phone settings?

What settings? The APN? I tried data.mymeteor.ie and data.myeirmobile.ie both are the same.

I switched to 3G and I'm getting 8mbps now. Has GoMo not got the use of Eir's 4G towers or something?

Got a GoMo sim today to test it out. I'm with Eir on a bill pay plan a long time and expected GoMo to be pretty similar but at less cost. However, after putting it in the second sim slot in my phone alongside my Eir sim it is atrocious.

I am getting barely any signal with the GoMo sim and getting only 1.5mbps download speeds. With my Eir sim I am getting download speeds of 40mbps. Since GoMo is using the Eir network I was expecting it to be very close to what I am getting with Eir, but it is actual unusable! Is this just the way it is? Or is there something wrong with my GoMo sim?

My speeds were very poor the first few hours after I inserted it into my phone but it seemed to improve without me doing anything later that night or the next day.

What settings? The APN? I tried data.mymeteor.ie and data.myeirmobile.ie both are the same.

I switched to 3G and I'm getting 8mbps now. Has GoMo not got the use of Eir's 4G towers or something?

The techie chap I spoke to the other day told me the right one was data.mymeteor.ie

Aside from that, could you check in "network" what's selected? "Automatically selected network" is the default and it usually works, but perhaps check "manually selected network" (or something along those lines) if you've another 4g option you can select, and see if that works.
    If that doesn't work (or only works in certain areas), go back to the automatic selection.

The other thing some people found to be working for them is to switch to aeroplane mode for a few minutes, then switch it off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

DopeTech wrote: »
    Any SIM free phone wil accept your SIM. Amazon UK is probably your best best. What's your budget?

Cheapest huawei

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Can you have 4G on both sim slots at the same time, I used to have two sim cards in my dual SIM mobile but could only have one on 4g at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,407 ✭✭✭✭kippy

august12 wrote: »
    Can you have 4G on both sim slots at the same time, I used to have two sim cards in my dual SIM mobile but could only have one on 4g at a time.

Why would you want to be using 4G on both at the same time?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

kippy wrote: »
    Why would you want to be using 4G on both at the same time?

If both SIMs support VoLTE.

But it has been standard in dual-SIM smartphones that only one SIM world work on 4G at any one time but that would automatically be the SIM selected for mobile data.

• Advertisement

Yeh I can only select one SIM for mobile data, but I was hoping to fully replace my Eir bill pay with GoMo if it matched the service I got from Eir anyway. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to come even close. Still no 4G coverage today and only way to get any sort of usable data with the GoMo SIM is to force it to use 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Yeh I can only select one SIM for mobile data, but I was hoping to fully replace my Eir bill pay with GoMo if it matched the service I got from Eir anyway. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to come even close. Still no 4G coverage today and only way to get any sort of usable data with the GoMo SIM is to force it to use 3G.
    I can't fathom why you are not getting the same from both, I had an Eir sim in a router, replaced with a Gomo and getting same level of speed and strength from both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Same for me
    They're throttling

I am getting barely any signal with the GoMo sim and getting only 1.5mbps download speeds. With my Eir sim I am getting download speeds of 20mbps. Since GoMo is using the Eir network I was expecting it to be very close to what I am getting with Eir, but it is actual unusable! Is this just the way it is? Or is there something wrong with my GoMo sim?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Mr.S wrote: »
    Same here, new sim and 4G gets 1-2Mbps but 6-8Mbps on 3G.

Eir billpay sim gets 20+ on 4G.

Pretty crap all in all. It's not a massive issue at the moment as i'm on WiFi 95% of the day, but if this continues when things go back to normal i'll be switching away from GoMo. I'd rather pay a little more for better data.

It's quite possible that, during the lockdown, they're throttling GoMo 4G on congested masts to protect QoS for their bill-pay customers.

Quackster wrote: »
    It's quite possible that, during the lockdown, they're throttling GoMo 4G on congested masts to protect QoS for their bill-pay customers.

I wouldn't be surprised, my speeds have roughly halved since mid march. Not complaining but did I did notice I'm not getting the same speeds I got before. I'll take that any day over the network collapsing due to load.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

Hi, does anyone know how to listen to your voicemail when roaming with GoMo? Currently, if I ring 171 it prompts me to leave a message on my own voicemail, rather than bring me to my voicemail menu? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Hi, does anyone know how to listen to your voicemail when roaming with GoMo? Currently, if I ring 171 it prompts me to leave a message on my own voicemail, rather than bring me to my voicemail menu? Thanks.
    Press # to break out of your own greeting and enter your Voicemail PIN

Ring your own number with a 5 between code and phone n., e.g., 085 0000000 becomes 085 5 0000000. As soon as the greeting kicks in, press # and you'll be prompted to input your voicemail PIN. After you've listened to a message, 7 deletes it and 9 saves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

Thanks for the replies, tried both of those and I get a message stating "Sorry, you must dial 171 to set up your mailbox". I only recently moved from Eir to GoMo, I wonder should my voicemail have been set up again after moving over? Although, I got a voicemail alert yesterday so surely if my voicemail wasn't set up people wouldn't have been able to leave me a voicemail?

• Advertisement

That's the funny thing, it allows you to leave messages. What happens when you dial 171?

Advertisement