Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭RINO87

Anyone got physical tickets yet? Still waiting on mine and the camper pass

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

RINO87 wrote: »
    Anyone got physical tickets yet? Still waiting on mine and the camper pass

Yeah, I have mine, but they were sent before this pest was born...so don't take anything from that.

I expect this to go ahead...I'm not enamoured seeing the defeatist resignation :) ...it's too early to give in. No one knows how this will pan out, and no one knows what steps will have to be taken. Strategies may be changed for dealing with this--we just don't know. Locking things down is not a permanent solution and life will have to resume.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

ya mine just came out today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yeah, I have mine, but they were sent before this pest was born...so don't take anything from that.

I expect this to go ahead...I'm not enamoured seeing the defeatist resignation :) ...it's too early to give in. No one knows how this will pan out, and no one knows what steps will have to be taken. Strategies may be changed for dealing with this--we just don't know. Locking things down is not a permanent solution and life will have to resume.

Don't think its resignation, what will be, will be but think its better to expect it to be cancelled and be pleasantly surprised if it actually does go ahead rather than the other way round! Yeah nobody knows how this will play out, but hard to see gatherings of 20,000 being allowed by then. If there's no certainty beforehand will be very hard for them to sell tickets too. But yeah, prepare for the worst, hope for the best and all that sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Is it the final payment or is there one more ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Relieving lockdowns is one thing, mass gatherings is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

WM18 wrote: »
    Is it the final payment or is there one more ??

The final payment was taken on the 30th March, well mine was anyways!

Oddly enough my delivery method is Mail, pretty sure I opted for eTickets at the checkout.

Anyhow, if it is mail, how long before the event do the tickets come out? Nice to physically have them in hand if/if not it goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

I'm just after spotted that Iggy pop hasn't got this gig listed on his tour page, I'm fairly sure it was listed a few weeks ago..........

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

spindex wrote: »
    I'm just after spotted that Iggy pop hasn't got this gig listed on his tour page, I'm fairly sure it was listed a few weeks ago..........
    They seem to be just embedded tour dates from Songkick, so wouldn’t rely on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

Basq wrote: »
    They seem to be just embedded tour dates from Songkick, so wouldn’t rely on that.

But the gig is still listed on songkick now, I'd put money on that the all together date was on his site a month or so ago.

• Advertisement

Well he is 73 this month so wouldn't be too surprising if he pulled out whether it went ahead or not.

POD haven't cancelled Forbidden Fruit which is on late next month so say decision might not be made for a while

The final payment was taken on the 30th March, well mine was anyways!

Oddly enough my delivery method is Mail, pretty sure I opted for eTickets at the checkout.

Anyhow, if it is mail, how long before the event do the tickets come out? Nice to physically have them in hand if/if not it goes ahead.

Not sure on that one... I asked the same last week as I bought mine when they came out, and still don't have them altho Im pretty sure I didnt have them this early for previous years either,

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Not sure on that one... I asked the same last week as I bought mine when they came out, and still don't have them altho Im pretty sure I didnt have them this early for previous years either,

Some tickets have gone out. I paid for mine in full when they first went on sale. I got hard copy tickets some weeks later I believe. Anyway, I have the tickets about 4 or 5 months now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭dav09

I really feel for POD at the moment, being an independent promoter and doing a great job over the years with their gigs and events. If hypothetically, All Together Now did get the go-ahead in August, would moving/ delaying Forbidden Fruit (which I can't see going ahead in June) to the same weekend as ATN make any sense just for this year, sharing some acts? They often had acts from FF back later in the year to ATN, and either way both festivals will probably lose some international acts, and would probably save money if it doesn't negatively impact either festival. I can see there being different demographics for both festivals and are in separate parts of the country. Right now I reckon most companies are in survival mode, and would hate to see POD going under as it may leave a bleak future having one of the largest promoters go under due to these unfortunate events.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I'd be surprised if this goes ahead. Has anyone been in contact with podpads or tangerine fields? I'm guessing they've already been involved in festivals that have been cancelled. Have they been offering refunds?

Doesn't sound promising
    Cancellations made after 7 days of the time of booking, and before 7 days before the campsite opening: 50% refund will apply.

Please be aware that in the instance of the event or festival being cancelled through no fault of our own (e.g. weather, flood, pandemic, terrorism, earthquake, volcano, strikes, civil disobedience or other such cause) we reserve the right to implement the above cancellation terms.

To cancel your order please follow the update your order details link provided in your order confirmation email.

Once you have cancelled your order online, we will contact you to confirm your refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gkhant

I'd be surprised if this goes ahead. Has anyone been in contact with podpads or tangerine fields? I'm guessing they've already been involved in festivals that have been cancelled. Have they been offering refunds?

Doesn't sound promising

IF ATN gets cancelled and IF Podpads tried to pull that stunt of a 50% refund only, personally I'd go apes**t at them and would vow never to go near them again! I'd hope all Irish festival goers would do the same.

Doesn't sound promising

It might not be through no fault of their own but hardly customers fault either. Don't see why they would get to keep 50% for a service they didn't provide tbh. If government doesn't allow mass gatherings might mean their insurance could cover it. I think they would be screwing themselves over if they did too, could damage their reputation and make less income in long term as a result.

gkhant wrote: »
    IF ATN gets cancelled and IF Podpads tried to pull that stunt of a 50% refund only, personally I'd go apes**t at them and would vow never to go near them again! I'd hope all Irish festival goers would do the same.

not much choice in the market though

1266698.jpg

not much choice in the market though

1266698.jpg

Or your own tent and a blow up mattress or campervan or hotel. For what they charge I don't think it's worth it tbh but yeah know its a fairly cornered market if you're going with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

To be fair, if they covered it in their T&Cs, their arse is covered... no matter how stingy it is.

Also regardless how many people vow to never use their services, they'll be sold out next year too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I wouldn't worry about those TangerineFields T&C's..

.. SeeTickets (who sell for Glastonbury) had similar T&C's.

Granted - I have never used them, but the more and more I hear about this tangerine fields and podpads crowd really really makes me question why anyone would hand over their hard earned cash to them. Money grabbers providing a poor service.

I know it's impossible for some people, but if you can, just invest in a decent trolley and bring your own stuff!! Or has been mentioned chip in with mates for a caravan or whatever, don't give these vultures money!!

.....imo

edit - my line "I know it's impossible for some people" made me think - are there provisions made at any festivals for those that may be mobility restricted?

If it was called off a few days before the festival, and they had done all the logistics, I could understand them not giving a full refund. But with this much notice they've no excuses.

They haven't replied to my email yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Blackie_IRL

I think that podpads t&c means if festival is cancelled within 7 stays of it starting. They need to cover logistic costs. If ATN is cancelled it will be announced well in advance. I think there is still a bit of wait and see going on and organisers need to see what government strategy is in May. I think it's fairly much guaranteed that Life, FFF and Body&Soul are done for. I'd be surprised if ATN survived. And EP. Licences won't be granted for outdoor events with mass gatherings this summer.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

edit - my line "I know it's impossible for some people" made me think - are there provisions made at any festivals for those that may be mobility restricted?

Yes. I was at Download 2019 and the amount of people going around in mobility scooters or wheelchairs was pretty impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

gkhant wrote: »

it literally says "pandemic" in terms and conditions - laughable comment.

Did it say that when we signed up? Sounds awfully specific...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

showpony1 wrote: »
    it literally says "pandemic" in terms and conditions - laughable comment.
    Cancellations made within 7 days of ordering: Full refund will apply less the deposit, provided the order was made more than 7 days before the campsite opens.

Cancellations made within 7 days of campsite opening: No refund applicable

Cancellations made after 7 days of the time of booking, and before 7 days before the campsite opening: 50% refund will apply.

Please be aware that in the instance of the event or festival being cancelled through no fault of our own (e.g. weather, flood, pandemic, terrorism, earthquake, volcano, strikes, civil disobedience or other such cause) we reserve the right to implement the above cancellation terms.

Reserving the right and actually implementing that right are not the same thing.

Taking 50% of people's money for a service that was not delivered would be very scummy behaviour IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Did it say that when we signed up? Sounds awfully specific...
    i'd imagine so, it said it in 2016 anyway:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20161021175107/https://podpads.com/terms-and-conditions

No specific mention on the TF site, but it basically has the same thing:
    https://www.tangerinefields.co.uk/terms-and-conditions
    1.42 We will not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of these terms by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control such as severe weather, a natural disaster, strikes, governmental action, terrorism, war and civil unrest.

Advertisement