Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

molloyjh wrote: »
    Let's not forget that, with a strong side and something to play for, it took them 70 mins to score in the reverse fixture.

yep, a game where a win was our main priority, and one which we won by 7 points......

tomorrow the win is presumed, the TBP is the priority. That changes a teams mindset in defense... and once TBP is achieved then its a case of keeping them at arms length.

Im not at all saying that Leinster wont put a bagful on Lyon on sunday, nor that Lyon wont find it hard to score, but i just think -40 points is a very long stretch.

Lyon are starting some young players where youd assume will feel free to express themselves, also they have some hardened pros like buttin and bruni (although both playing out of position) to steer the younger guys.

anyway, not a big deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I would have liked to see Cian Kelleher in the 23 shirt. He6bee very good this far! Much to my surprise. RK does6really bring much to the table. Great to see Molony! He's been fantastic. Treacy too! Porter will feel hard done by? Leinster should win comfortably and hopefully everyone comes out healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

This should be a whitewash. I'd imagine the goal will not only be the TBP but to hold our defensive shape for the entire game unlike Ulster and the end of the Connacht game.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster season tickets should be refunded. Another non-entity of a game ag teacht.

In other news, the grant for the RDS redevelopment was approved, but only for €10 million and not the €15 million that was requested (and presumably budgeted for).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Leinster season tickets should be refunded. Another non-entity of a game ag teacht.

Yeah, I'm so sick of Leinster winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yeah, I'm so sick of Leinster winning.

Still wouldn't mind if teams started actually sending their firsts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

In other news, the grant for the RDS redevelopment was approved, but only for €10 million and not the €15 million that was requested (and presumably budgeted for).

Read that alright, nice to see some movement and a timeline at some stage soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭scott1974

salmocab wrote: »
    Read that alright, nice to see some movement and a timeline at some stage soon.

Will we have to call it "The Shane Ross RDS"...

scott1974 wrote: »

Nah he’s out the door before the season ends so someone else will claim it as their thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Christ, finally.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

5 million short though, I guess the heated seats, marble bathrooms with attendants and prosecco bar are cut so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

awec wrote: »
    5 million short though, I guess the heated seats, marble bathrooms with attendants and prosecco bar are cut so?

We're not animals. Need to keep the bare essentials

EDIT: also it's a Champagne bar. You philistine

Dangerous game budgeting on a grant.

I thought there was significant funding secured from a company and naming rights?

I think the total cost for the development is around €40 -50 million or so..

Dangerous game budgeting on a grant.

I thought there was significant funding secured from a company and naming rights?

The RDS said they'd contribute the difference between the grant and the naming rights deal made with Laya for €10 million over 8 years but whether they'll contribute the extra after the grant was lower is a different story.
      I think the total cost for the development is around €40 -50 million or so..

€30 million was the last figure, which was revised from the original €20 million when it was first proposed in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

awec wrote: »
      Won't bother you since you bring your own prosecco.

The RDS said they'd contribute the difference between the grant and the naming rights deal made with Laya for €10 million over 8 years but whether they'll contribute the extra after the grant was lower is a different story.

€30 million was the last figure, which was revised from the original €20 million when it was first proposed in 2014.

Yeah, I think they'll do well if they stick to €30 mill.... I'd say the final figure will be a fair bit higher!

Is this in conjunction with the RDS as Leinster Rugby are only a tenant.. (as far as I am aware). LR don't own the RDS..

Yeah, I think they'll do well if they stick to €30 mill.... I'd say the final figure will be a fair bit higher!

Is this in conjunction with the RDS as Leinster Rugby are only a tenant.. (as far as I am aware). LR don't own the RDS..

I think the deal going on with the redevelopment will see Leinster have a lot more say in the RDS. By no means owners but it will be a good deal for us.

Yeah any of the press releases state it as "The RDS, in partnership with Leinster Rugby"

• Advertisement
    • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I think the deal going on with the redevelopment will see Leinster have a lot more say in the RDS. By no means owners but it will be a good deal for us.

Best deal ever. In the history of deals this is the best one I will see. Maybe ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I read once that the rds make more off the one week of the Dublin Horseshow than all 11/12 leinster home games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

The RossDS as it were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Conan disagrees!

I find it mad that Deegan has already played nearly 60 games. & more times than Fardy!

Conan is yesterday's man in this context. Move to Ulster has be a-planning during his down time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

That would not surprise me if Conan looked elsewhere. I reckon it would be Connacht. He'd slide right in to the starting 15. Connacht would be chuffed!
      Can't see him going north. Coetzee is blocking him. Stander is at Munster! Connacht would be a good fit!

Dubinusa wrote: »
      That would not surprise me if Conan looked elsewhere. I reckon it would be Connacht. He'd slide right in to the starting 15. Connacht would be chuffed!
      Can't see him going north. Coetzee is blocking him. Stander is at Munster! Connacht would be a good fit!

Conan is a top quality 8 hes not going to leave because there are a couple of good options coming up behind him. He’s probably the starting 8 at the top club in Europe he won’t leave because there are other good players about.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Jack Conan, the 27 year old who is in the first choice Irish 23, is not leaving Leinster at any point in the next few years.

It's an absurd thought.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Exactly. Conan isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

I think the form of Deegan and Doris has people forgetting just how good Conan is.

It’s the definition of new shiny toys syndrome. Jack is still a great player.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Buer wrote: »
      Jack Conan, the 27 year old who is in the first choice Irish 23, is not leaving Leinster at any point in the next few years.

It's an absurd thought.

You would have to imagine Trol sits there giggling at his keyboard when people take his posts seriously.

• Advertisement

stephen_n wrote: »
      You would have to imagine Trol sits there giggling at his keyboard when people take his posts seriously.

Everyone knows but still someone will bite

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement