Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I think JGP might start

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I hope he mixes it up a bit. Leinster are going to win no matter who starts to give Connors a go for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

molloyjh wrote: »
    Yeah very close to that I'd imagine. Deegan at 20, Frawley at 22 and I wouldnt be surprised to see Tomane at 23. We can manage without Ryan this weekend and Molony has been going well so it would be good to see him getting some game time in Europe.

Actually now you say that, I think it would be great if Molony started ahead of Fardy this week. Then rotate them for Treviso.

Molony probably deserves a start in Europe, and Fardy's "dog" will be good away to Treviso.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I hope he mixes it up a bit. Leinster are going to win no matter who starts to give Connors a go for example.

All the talk is about finishing top two, I’d say we will go as strong as possible the next two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭chancer12

Any update on Dan Leavy? Haven't heard mention of him in a while.

• Advertisement

I suspect we'll be giving game time to depth in a few positions tomorrow. We've tended to have games put away by half time and if Lyon send a watered down 23 I imagine tomorrow may go the same way.

Be interesting whether we see a Byrne at 10 and a Byrne at 22 tomorrow. Agree with others about JGP starting, we'll want to run at these lads from the off and keep them on the back foot.

I hope Henshaw starts and has a big game. Am a fan of how Tomane is going about his rugby this season but Henshaw needs a game or two before the 6N.

Hard to get excited about the game though.

I suspect we'll be giving game time to depth in a few positions tomorrow. We've tended to have games put away by half time and if Lyon send a watered down 23 I imagine tomorrow may go the same way.

Be interesting whether we see a Byrne at 10 and a Byrne at 22 tomorrow. Agree with others about JGP starting, we'll want to run at these lads from the off and keep them on the back foot.

I hope Henshaw starts and has a big game. Am a fan of how Tomane is going about his rugby this season but Henshaw needs a game or two before the 6N.

Hard to get excited about the game though.

Games is Sunday not tomorrow, in case your organizing your weekend around it.

chancer12 wrote: »
    Any update on Dan Leavy? Haven't heard mention of him in a while.

He's progressing with rehab and seems to be around where he is expected to be. Last I heard he still has a good way to go and only then will they be able to assess if the knee can support the workload of a professional athlete.

It's a catastrophic injury, career ending not that long ago but we've gotten really good at repairing the type of damage done, he is just unfortunate that there were multiple serious ruptures in the one impact.

All things going well he may line out at the tail end of the pro14 season but I really doubt it. They won't rush him, so probably pre season and then start of next season is when we will hopefully see him back.

salmocab wrote: »

I had it in my head it was lunchtime tomorrow but yeah my bad. Something to do on Sunday at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭KaneToad

salmocab wrote: »

I thought it was Saturday! Nuts. I would have been able to go after all.

Had a look just now on TM for tickets...not a great selection left :( Particularly since I'd be bringing some young family members. Is there any fora where season ticket holders, who can't make it, sell on their seats? I've had a look at toutless. Nothing there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

KaneToad wrote: »

Had a look just now on TM for tickets...not a great selection left :( Particularly since I'd be bringing some young family members. Is there any fora where season ticket holders, who can't make it, sell on their seats? I've had a look at toutless. Nothing there...

There used to be an exchange for STH to sell tickets but it quietly vanished a couple of years ago without notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Is Doris going to start this?

There used to be an exchange for STH to sell tickets but it quietly vanished a couple of years ago without notice.

Yeah that was annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭KaneToad

That's a pity. Anyone know the reason behind this? I would have thought it would be a great facility to maximise bums on seats - rather than tickets sold. I assume there is a not insignificant number of season ticket seats that remain unoccupied at every match...or not?

That's a pity. Anyone know the reason behind this? I would have thought it would be a great facility to maximise bums on seats - rather than tickets sold. I assume there is a not insignificant number of season ticket seats that remain unoccupied at every match...or not?

I can't make head nor tail of it to be honest. The site is ultimately run with a ticketmaster underlay so perhaps it was something to do with ticketmaster reorganising their resale systems and demanding commission (which wouldn't surprise me).

But yeah it's a total balls that it's gone.

• Administrators Posts: 53,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It is almost certainly because either Ticketmaster or Leinster would prefer people to buy new tickets than resell existing ones.

It was decent because there were always loads of tickets for most games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I used it a few times last season, and when I asked Leinster about it this season, I was told that Ticketmaster have discontinued it. It's a real pity.

vienne86 wrote: »
    I used it a few times last season, and when I asked Leinster about it this season, I was told that Ticketmaster have discontinued it. It's a real pity.

Unsurprising really that it was a Ticketmaster decision. Thanks for letting us know though. Was still slightly concerned that I just couldnt find the link anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The team is up in one of those annoying videos on Twitter, it's full guns, no messing. Deegan over Doris. Ryan out so obviously injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Team is out. Great to see Deegan's excellent form be rewarded.

15. Larmour
    14. Kearney
    13. Ringrose
    12. Henshaw
    11. Lowe
    10. Byrne
    9. McGrath

8. Deegan
    7. VDF
    6. Ruddock
    5. Fardy
    4. Toner
    3. Furlong
    2. Tracy
    1. Healy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Tracy ahead of Cronin and Rob Kearney on the bench too.

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets)

15. Jordan Larmour (44)
    14. Dave Kearney (144)
    13. Garry Ringrose (70)
    12. Robbie Henshaw (42)
    11. James Lowe (39)
    10. Ross Byrne (82)
    9. Luke McGrath (119)
    1. Cian Healy (214)
    2. James Tracy (104)
    3. Tadhg Furlong (106)
    4. Devin Toner (242)
    5. Scott Fardy (54) CAPTAIN
    6. Rhys Ruddock (167)
    7. Josh van der Flier (78)
    8. Max Deegan (58)

16. Seán Cronin (176)
    17. Peter Dooley (71)
    18. Andrew Porter (60)
    19. Ross Molony (91)
    20. Caelan Doris (27)
    21. Jamison Gibson-Park (83)
    22. Ciarán Frawley (20)
    23. Rob Kearney (215)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Deegan gets a chance over Doris
    Dooley over Byrne (was impressive v Connacht)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Dont get Rob on the bench. He only covers FB so for me he either starts or doesnt feature. That aside quite happy with that. Even in these games they're letting guys know that they can force their way in and/or get opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

This Deegan Doris battle is a joy to watch this season

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Good side and interesting to see Deegan get the nod. First time he has been given the nod this season over Doris for a big game. Not like Doris has been found wanting either when called upon over the past month.

Nice to see Tracy's performances rewarded too. He has been the model of quiet and efficient consistency in recent times. He hasn't done anything special but has gone about his business in a very accomplished manner and made an impact upon each opportunity.

Dooley also rewarded over Ed Byrne. That's another ding dong battle that has been interesting to see play out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Dont get Rob on the bench. He only covers FB so for me he either starts or doesnt feature.

Ah Rob is well capable of standing on the wing for 20 minutes. Alternatively you move Larmour to the wing.
    That aside quite happy with that. Even in these games they're letting guys know that they can force their way in and/or get opportunities.

It's good to see Tracy getting the start, he's played really well this season. Slightly disappointed Porter didn't keep the 3 jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Dont get Rob on the bench. He only covers FB so for me he either starts or doesnt feature.

Not a lot of solid FB cover without him. Larmour goes down you can shift someone back but I'd rather have Rob to bring on. The rest of the backline is pretty adaptable to injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Buer wrote: »
    Good side and interesting to see Deegan get the nod. First time he has been given the nod this season over Doris for a big game. Not like Doris has been found wanting either when called upon over the past month.

Nice to see Tracy's performances rewarded too. He has been the model of quiet and efficient consistency in recent times. He hasn't done anything special but has gone about his business in a very accomplished manner and made an impact upon each opportunity.

Dooley also rewarded over Ed Byrne. That's another ding dong battle that has been interesting to see play out.

Been seriously impressed with him.

His darts have been great and the energy he's brought when coming off the bench was brilliant. Underrated how physical he is. Carries extremely well and tackles hard.

Can be disappointed to have missed out on Ireland squad, I'd have had him on par with Herring and well ahead of Heffernan this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Buer wrote: »

is Kelleher injured ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement