Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

Tracy's been good but Kelleher is by far the best options at 2 when he is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Tracy's been good but Kelleher is by far the best options at 2 when he is available.

Not sure anyone would disagree with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Can be disappointed to have missed out on Ireland squad, I'd have had him on par with Herring and well ahead of Heffernan this year

He's still a good bit behind Kelleher despite Kelleher being new to the set up.

He has had a good year but he's inconsistent. It could be a crucial season for him though when Kelleher is back as he looks to be Leinsters third choice hooker (although saying that, Cronin seems to be getting fewer starts).

thebaz wrote: »
    is Kelleher injured ??

Hand injury I believe in Northampton game still keeping him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Due back next week apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭KaneToad

vienne86 wrote: »
    I used it a few times last season, and when I asked Leinster about it this season, I was told that Ticketmaster have discontinued it. It's a real pity.
    Unsurprising really that it was a Ticketmaster decision. Thanks for letting us know though. Was still slightly concerned that I just couldnt find the link anymore!

Money talks.

I'd like the clubs to be more supporter friendly and maintain services like fora for season ticket seat sales for one off games. But I also want the team to maximise revenues and keep performing well on and off the pitch! I can't have it every way :)

He's still a good bit behind Kelleher despite Kelleher being new to the set up.

He has had a good year but he's inconsistent. It could be a crucial season for him though when Kelleher is back as he looks to be Leinsters third choice hooker (although saying that, Cronin seems to be getting fewer starts).

He hasn't really been inconsistent though.

He has 12 appearances this season so far which is among the most in the squad and he's probably playing the best rugby of his career.

But he should be looking over his shoulder. Dan Sheehan is on his way apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Looks like Lyon are sending the reserves for Sunday's game.

https://twitter.com/LeLOURugby/status/1215609363966111746?s=19

Clegg wrote: »

Yep. As expected.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

leinster gone from -30 originally to -40 now

surely thats too long??? even if Lyon are disinterested?

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »

Seems inordinately long.

I wouldnt think so. We're putting 40-50 on most teams in the RDS, even when they are interested. We're looking to maximise our return here so I def see us running up a score. If we can be as mean in defence as we have been most of the season they may end up getting very little themselves.

Seems inordinately long.

Lyon wont be leaving with a duck egg.... so even assuming Leinster run riot, Lyon will be proud enough to keep on going...

i can see something similar to that ulster debacle where leinster get 30 -35 points ahead with say 15 mins left and Lyon run in a couple of last consolations which will spoil that spread.

molloyjh wrote: »
    We're putting 40-50 on most teams in the RDS, even when they are interested. .

putting points on wont be an issue......
    but even putting 50 on the board means holding Lyon to a one unconverted try and one pen in order to beat that spread.

I can only see value in the lyon side of that spread, but of course, i wont be putting anything on it :)

Lyon wont be leaving with a duck egg.... so even assuming Leinster run riot, Lyon will be proud enough to keep on going...

i can see something similar to that ulster debacle where leinster get 30 -35 points ahead with say 15 mins left and Lyon run in a couple of last consolations which will spoil that spread.

I think harsh lessons were learned from that Ulster game.

The lack of ball we had against Connacht in the second half was partially tactical I'd wager.

When you're that far ahead you'll learn more from defending than scoring 12 more tries.

I can't see these boys taking their foot off the gas against Lyon for a second

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

This Deegan Doris battle is a joy to watch this season

Conan disagrees!

I find it mad that Deegan has already played nearly 60 games. & more times than Fardy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Clegg wrote: »

Does anyone know how much of a reserve team this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Nice team! I thought JGP might start, but like others here, delighted for Tracy. It strikes me that he has just worked really hard to get his spot back.

putting points on wont be an issue......
    but even putting 50 on the board means holding Lyon to a one unconverted try and one pen in order to beat that spread.

I can only see value in the lyon side of that spread, but of course, i wont be putting anything on it :)

Let's not forget that, with a strong side and something to play for, it took them 70 mins to score in the reverse fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Conan disagrees!

I find it mad that Deegan has already played nearly 60 games. & more times than Fardy!
    It's one of those features at Leinster since Joe Schmidt. Lads getting a game or a bench spot here and there until before you know it, they're 50 caps up and jostling for a starting position.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,429 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This is going to be a total non event.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

awec wrote: »
    This is going to be a total non event.

You’re like a broken record at this stage :)

stephen_n wrote: »
    You’re like a broken record at this stage :)

When was the last time a team genuinely threatened to beat Leinster at home?

A 40 points spread for a Heineken Cup game involving the second best team in France is nuts.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

durkadurka wrote: »

Well..

Looking at the squad , some big name players missing would be

Liam Gill
    Jean-Marc Doussin
    Demba Bamba
    Rudi Wulf
    Carl Ferns
    Joshua Tuisova
    Charles Ngatai

The last 3 were explicitly mentioned by Lancaster earlier in the week as key players.

Don't know how many of the above are maybe injured , but it looks like it's a good way off anything like full strength.

awec wrote: »
    When was the last time a team genuinely threatened to beat Leinster at home?

Treviso

How often do Ulster lose at home?

11 changes to the starting XV from the reverse fixture. It's very much the reserves. LH is a 23 TH and has only played once this season (off the bench vs Benetton). Hooker is 24 and has all of 9 mins this season. Roland at 4 is 21 and as far as I can tell he's uncapped. And that's just in the tight five. At 13 they have a 20 yo winger earning his second cap, his first in the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

11 changes to the starting XV from the reverse fixture. It's very much the reserves. LH is a 23 TH and has only played once this season (off the bench vs Benetton). Hooker is 24 and has all of 9 mins this season. Roland at 4 is 21 and as far as I can tell he's uncapped. And that's just in the tight five. At 13 they have a 20 yo winger earning his second cap, his first in the centre.

We wouldn’t even go to Zebre with that sort of a team

We wouldn’t even go to Zebre with that sort of a team

Yeah it turns the game into a non-event as awec said.

Jesus that's twice in as many weeks I've agreed with awec. I'm going to have to watch out for that....

Yeah it turns the game into a non-event as awec said.

Jesus that's twice in as many weeks I've agreed with awec. I'm going to have to watch out for that....

Maybe Lyon will do an Ulster, not bother defending and just go for a TBP.

• Advertisement

stephen_n wrote: »
    Maybe Lyon will do an Ulster, not bother defending and just go for a TBP.

They are pretty much out of it at this stage, I would think they'll definitely just have a go of it and try to score tries. The result is of no consequence to them really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement