Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Churchlands Delgany Development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sivart6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Thanks.

It’s nice to see someone getting a good deal for once.

My understanding was that the council was refusing to take over new estates for over a decade. Perhaps I am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sineadmur

Did anyone sign up for the new launch of Churchlands today? The 4 beds which are mostly the Raleigh style with the 4th room as the converted attic now 565,000... a jump of 50k!! Still seems like a better option than Archers Wood, with better location and cheaper for the 4 bed...

We’ve been waiting to sign up, but didn’t receive any emails 😡

when did you receive the email for the launch? Have you gotten an appointment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 sineadmur

Received the email on Thursday and very luckily had my phone in my hand texting someone the second it came it so I replied straight away. Strange you didn’t get one? Did you sign up for the 4/5 beds specifically ? You should call and see what the story is.

Yes has an appointment for yesterday and reserved one the the Raleigh houses. Extremely expensive. We’ve had our deposit for a couple years now but everyone kept telling us to wait that things would come down.. house prices are out of control in this country and I have to move on with my life at some point. Paying big rent for a dingy apartment either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DAFL

Also got an appointment for Saturday 29 Oct (was 8th in the queue) and reserved one of the Raleigh houses.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Is this estate going to connect with Delgany Wood? Where will the final entrance connect to? Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,794 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I believe so - there will be a route through from Delgany Wood to Laurences, but I'm not sure if you'll be able to drive through.

Interesting

• Advertisement

Coincidentally Cllt Jodie Neary just put up a video on FB of the new cycle path through there connecting to Laurence's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Yeah the entrance to the estate is through delgany wood. The next part of the development will access through Chapel Road. There is a cycle lane/footpath that links the two parts but no road access.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 asps

Hi Guys,

Congratulations to those who managed reserve home at churchlands, Delgany. we got viewing appointment at 12, initially thought to go only for semiD / End-terrace, we were only lucky enough to get last and only one mid-terrace (quite expansive 600k price wise), but considering garden in (W) front (E) we settled with mid-terrace rather than semiD (east garden), not sure we did right thing in that short time. but still have time to think on our decision.

I would be really happy if someone can give me hints on what are the noise levels acceptable in new builds, anyone living in estate had bad experience with sound proof in past ?

also, guys those who missed there will be new homes in future on same estates so followup with selling agents make sure you are really interested.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dakron

Hello all,

There is official Churchlands Delgany Discord server for all leaving there or waiting for a release: https://discord.gg/fxx3knP6gy

€600k for a terraced house seems a bit pricey alright. How many bedrooms, three?

They look very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DAFL

I got the contract a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the builder has put a 36 months allowance to finish building the property. Is this normal, does anyone know?

i had the impression 18 months would be the market practice.

That sounds a bit long IMHO.

I think that due to the unprecedented demand coupled with the severe lack of supply they can do whatever they like.

Does anyone know what will be built in the site to the west of the houses? I know there will be 3 apartment blocks, but is there any information as to whether the houses there will be townhouse style 2 beds, or duplexes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭dubal

Seems another phase launched the weekend before last (and sold out), anyone get lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ARJn

seems there was a launch today , 4 bed starting 585k

It will be interesting to see how quickly these sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eastindian

Hi, is 600k a good amount for a Raleigh style 4 bed? It's basically a 3 bed with attic converted

The boom is back and interest rates are going up as the world edges ever close to economic meltdown. What could possibly go wrong?

We abandoned the idea of buying in Delgany due to the commute to Dub and ended up providing booking deposit for a place at Rathfarnham. 2019 build - similar attic converted 4 bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Planit2

If it’s the same place I looked at in “Rathfarnham” it isn’t “Ratharnham”. Wrong side of M50 and nothing, Zero around the estate only noise and anti social behavior. (This is the white pines estate I visited in 2020) zero substance and bad vibes.

Delgany / Churchlands/ Delgany wood is a good hour and 20 from town . Busy road but you have a community and lifestyle in it. 15 min walk from the village and 20 min walk through the golf course to Greystones. Honestly a great lifestyle to be had. Work shouldn’t trump life, just an opinion.

Thanks for your inputs @Planit2. We did visit White Pines and found it to be a really calm and nice society without any antisocial behavior. We have asked around as well and looks like it's fine. It also has a Tesco and creche inside the development so that's handy and the is serviced by 24 hr Dub bus. We are still able to refund our deposit, so wondering if you had any specific observations you can help us with

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

Just wondering has anyone bought a 4 bed in the final phase here? We are seriously considering it but concerned about the 'Future Development' site. Also does anyone know will there be another entrance to the estate besides through Delgany Glen?

• Advertisement

there was originally supposed to be access from beside St Lawrence's school but I don't know if that is still the plan.

Advertisement