Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Churchlands Delgany Development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 runtastic

JuJu2020 wrote: »
    We were 27th in queue (rang for an appointment 10 mins after email went out) and there were only two north facing Raleighs and one Belmont to choose from at that time. It was fairly quiet at that time too.

On their website they have declared ‘sold out’ next phase in spring

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

JuJu2020 wrote: »
    We were 27th in queue (rang for an appointment 10 mins after email went out) and there were only two north facing Raleighs and one Belmont to choose from at that time. It was fairly quiet at that time too.

ah so they offered what was left over the phone when you called? so you reserved a property at the time of the email?

i just presumed people would be asked to reserve them on the day after viewing them or maybe i am misunderstanding you.

what time was your appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JuJu2020

Sorry I realise the confusion. We were given a time of 11am

Hi, can anyone confirm if the construction of the houses is concrete built or timber built? If timber, what grade of timber is that? Thanks for your feedback

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

runtastic wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone confirm if the construction of the houses is concrete built or timber built? If timber, what grade of timber is that? Thanks for your feedback

They're block built.

Block external walls and party walls (with metal studs), timber stud walls internal upstairs and down.

• Advertisement

hi all,
    Is there any recommendations for a solicitor? There is a list from Sherry Fitz covering three solicitors in Greystones. Can you kindly advice what are new buyers thinking about? thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

hi all,
    Is there any recommendations for a solicitor? There is a list from Sherry Fitz covering three solicitors in Greystones. Can you kindly advice what are new buyers thinking about? thank you

We have twice used Neville Murphy in Bray. superb service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Digdogs66

Any idea when phase 2 will be starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Digdogs66 wrote: »
    Any idea when phase 2 will be starting?

Well they are showing the showhouse again on Saturday to people who have reserved as house, then the site will be closed to the public. So hopefully building starts on Monday morning then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Digdogs66

I hope so, although phase 1 only look like it’s half complete, surely they’d need to close this out first? Anyone have any idea when these are supposed to be completed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Digdogs66 wrote: »
    I hope so, although phase 1 only look like it’s half complete, surely they’d need to close this out first? Anyone have any idea when these are supposed to be completed?

any date you get will be a finger in the air type of date.

it's common for builders to work on multiple phases at once, i.e. it's more cost efficient to have the foundation guys in do all the foundations for phase 1 & 2 then get the bricky's in do the brick then 1 then the interior contractors come in and do the interior, whilst foundation guys do phase 3 and bricky's do phase 2 etc. it's not as exactly like that but it's not exactly build one row, complete them then move to doing the next row from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Propertysolicitor.ie were a pleasure to deal with and offered it at a great price.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The initial completion dates always slip. I think they promise unrealistically optimistic dates to whip potential buyers into a frenzy. This is to distract from the massive price increases between phases.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭REFLINE1

hi all,

We used Felton McKnight and they were excellent to deal with. Can also recommend a good snagger if anyone needs one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 foxque

I am wondering, for those who reserved a house with €10,000 deposit (as we have) did you receive the contract?
    and do you have any outstanding questions for SF / Developer that remain unanswered?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Janethickey

foxque wrote: »
    I am wondering, for those who reserved a house with €10,000 deposit (as we have) did you receive the contract?
    and do you have any outstanding questions for SF / Developer that remain unanswered?

We are the same. No contract and no answers from SF. Thought it was just us for a while.

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It'll take a few weeks for them to send out contracts.

Once you've bought a place Sherry Fitz are pretty much out of the picture.

Are those who bought off plans and paid their €10,000 deposit aware of planning permission put in for the "further development" of 66 dwellings (to include apartments).

You can look up the Wicklow County Council eplanning site, and search Churchlands in the address section (submission date 27 May 2020).

Although only at the application received stage - with a few objections - were people aware of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mgld

I was under the impression that this second phase was always part of the developer's plan. However in their first planning application, they weren't allowed to build the whole thing. I thought that permission would be considered as long as they fulfilled various promises from the first phase (like the sports field and crèche etc).

https://www.greystonesguide.ie/horse-field-approved-for-74-houses/

I feel like I'm so excited to live there, I couldn't really object to others wanting the opportunity to live there too!
    foxque wrote: »
    Are those who bought off plans and paid their €10,000 deposit aware of planning permission put in for the "further development" of 66 dwellings (to include apartments).

You can look up the Wicklow County Council eplanning site, and search Churchlands in the address section (submission date 27 May 2020).

Although only at the application received stage - with a few objections - were people aware of this?

hi, I am told by my solicitor yesterday that he has received the contract and is currently reviewing it. So its moving in the right direction.

• Advertisement

REFLINE1 wrote: »
    We used Felton McKnight and they were excellent to deal with. Can also recommend a good snagger if anyone needs one.

can you please PM details of snagger? thank you

hi, I was wondering if there is a chance to form a whatsapp / FB group by those who are going to sign contracts ( pre-planning or first phase)? Besides overall development and progress tracking, the common topics for this group would be information sharing on Tiling, flooring, carpeting, security, snagging etc. Requesting social media experts to kindly suggest / advice if this makes sense or is too early right now. :) thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rodrigo_santos

Definitely would help a whatsapp group for first timer buyers like me.

Does anyone know when the houses would be ready for first phase?

Definitely would help a whatsapp group for first timer buyers like me.

Does anyone know when the houses would be ready for first phase?

I heard that it will be April-May.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mgld

A WhatsApp group would be good, I'd be able to stop checking this for any exciting developments :-D

I think the first houses are supposed to be ready for snagging in November? Ours is supposed to be December. We'll see if that happens!

How exciting :)

Which numbers are the "first houses" - I know when we viewed, it looked like 13-18 and 20-27 were near built?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

I bought second phase but would be interested in joining a WhatsApp group. If anyone is setting one up please PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rockford1

Hi there. We also bought in phase 1. We are due to snag in October- all going well. If there is a WhatsApp group with updates being organised please PM :-) Information from the agent has been virtually non existent from the very start.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

Rockford1 wrote: »
    Hi there. We also bought in phase 1. We are due to snag in October- all going well. If there is a WhatsApp group with updates being organised please PM :-) Information from the agent has been virtually non existent from the very start.

So how long has it been since you guys signed the contracts for your phase 1 home? must be over a year at this stage is it?

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Thanks for your feedback, interest in WhatsApp group. I am happy to lead group formation, if you can PM me your mobile number and house number, I will add you to this group... any suggestion for group names !! :)

https://chat.whatsapp.com/IIsg41Hj1io7SeIKjKn9DM

Here's the link to join Whatsapp Group. Please introduce yourself with Name, House No. :) looking forward to it. thanks

Advertisement