Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Churchlands Delgany Development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Janethickey

Hi All,

Did anyone get an plans / garden sizes etc yet?

• Administrators Posts: 53,507 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You won't get plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

awec wrote: »
    You won't get plans.

Ive bought off them and you wont get plans. You also need to hassle them every step of the way from my experience. The wool has been pulled over our eyes a few times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Cluster wrote: »
    Ive bought off them and you wont get plans. You also need to hassle them every step of the way from my experience. The wool has been pulled over our eyes a few times now.

Could you elaborate a bit more?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 C_L20

Hi there,

Does anyone know if Woodgroup are still operating at the moment? I know with Covid restrictions in place most have stopped but we were due to complete in December and now we have not heard from them to even be given any sort of update on progress or what is happening with revised dates. We moved out of our rental in December because we were assured we would be complete prior to Christmas but this is now really difficult being in between homes in temp accommodation a month on.

I can see on gov.ie it says the below

in relation to private homes that are practically complete and scheduled for habitation by 31 January 2021, including where snagging, and essential remediation work, such as pyrite works is nearing completion, works should continue to enable homeowners access their homes. Heating, water, broadband and electricity installation should also continue to enable homes be occupied.

I completely understand health and safety is paramount for the build team but also a roof over our heads is also a priority for us.

So anyone who is living up there at the moment if you could share if there are people working ? if the site is completely closed or not? Woodgroup won’t respond to email or phone calls so that would be super to know.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I don't see any workmen on site this week

C_L20 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Does anyone know if Woodgroup are still operating at the moment? I know with Covid restrictions in place most have stopped but we were due to complete in December and now we have not heard from them to even be given any sort of update on progress or what is happening with revised dates. We moved out of our rental in December because we were assured we would be complete prior to Christmas but this is now really difficult being in between homes in temp accommodation a month on.

in relation to private homes that are practically complete and scheduled for habitation by 31 January 2021, including where snagging, and essential remediation work, such as pyrite works is nearing completion, works should continue to enable homeowners access their homes. Heating, water, broadband and electricity installation should also continue to enable homes be occupied.

I completely understand health and safety is paramount for the build team but also a roof over our heads is also a priority for us.

So anyone who is living up there at the moment if you could share if there are people working ? if the site is completely closed or not? Woodgroup won’t respond to email or phone calls so that would be super to know.

Thanks!

All non essential works have stopped, no one on site at the moment. Ive had to stay much longer then anticipated in rented accommodation too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dazziola

C_L20 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks!

Definitely not operating at the moment. They were finishing off Seagreen Gate in the run up to this lockdown, and the work stopped immediately.

I've run by Churchlands a few times, and from afar, it looks like a ghost town.

Their communication is awful from our experience buying, so it's not just you.

You wont get plans, but they should be freely available from the planning permission on eplanning.ie. Search for Townpark Estates as the name. Churchland plans are on the 2nd page

dazziola wrote: »
    You wont get plans, but they should be freely available from the planning permission on eplanning.ie. Search for Townpark Estates as the name. Churchland plans are on the 2nd page

I cant see that on the WCC site (Townpark estates)

• Advertisement

I cant see that on the WCC site (Townpark estates)

Are you on eplanning.ie/WicklowCC? It has to be entered within the name field. They've quite a few plans in place. They're using different company names to manage different developments.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭REFLINE1

Enter 20488 in the "file search" field.

50915231067_ff22611c13_k.jpgChurchlands by John Mc Gowan, 6th Feb 2021on Flickr

50914417208_d0479a4438_k.jpgChurchlands by John Mc Gowan, 6th Feb 2021 on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    50914417208_d0479a4438_k.jpgChurchlands by John Mc Gowan, 6th Feb 2021 on Flickr

thanks for posting. so which part of the estate is this picture of? is this the new phase?

"thanks for posting. so which part of the estate is this picture of? is this the new phase?"

These houses are on the right hand side of the entrance road from Delgany Glen

50915229652_39e1b71eb3_k.jpgChurchlands by John Mc Gowan, 6th Feb 2021 on Flickr

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hi folks

Has there been any indication on these phases or are there phases to come in relation to availability and pricing?

Looking like development is full speed ahead out there

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tris111

Hi all,

I'm looking into purchasing in the next phase in Autumn. Slightly confused as to what houses the next phase will be - asked the estate agent but they said they will inform closer to launch.

Do you know if its still houses in this section or if its possible that the next launch will look at the area that has planning permission for more houses and apartments?

Also, would you know if it's possible to purchase a Raleigh house without the converted attic or if its possible that the attic can be converted in the Belmont?

Just a bit worried that the prices will go above 500k and won't be applicable for Help to Buy on next phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sineadmur

Hi,

The next phase of houses will be 4 and 5 bed only, so not sure re Help to Buy.

When the Help to Buy was 20,000 I think this could be used on houses up to 600,000? Pity the limit has been reduced to 500,000 when that seems to be the going rate of a 3 bed in Greystones!!

Does anyone know if houses 54 - 60 have been sold?

• Administrators Posts: 53,507 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I bought in the last phase, still waiting to move in. The Raleigh houses are the 4 beds in the next phase as far as i know. In reality they are a 3 bed with a converted attic and were previously marketed as such but I guess they think they can get more money for them calling them a 4bed.

I don't think you'll be able to get them without the converted attic as they wouldn't be able to call them a 4bed any more and would have to price them lower. They are also very inflexible when it comes to making any changes whatsoever so it's unlikely they would make such a large alteration. The attics in the belmont aren't easily convertible as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sivart6

I’m having a look at churchlands for the upcoming launch. Does anyone here know whether a maintenance fee is charged? Also whether the roads in the development are being maintained by the developer or the council (or will be at some point)?

No maintenance fee and the roads are being maintained by the council. What are looking for the current release?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

That is quite unusual nowadays. Are you sure there are no fees at all ?

Advertisement