Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan and Harry Interview (Mod Warning in First Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,638 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Harry

'' my father and my brother, they are trapped, they don't get to leave''

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

"My family cut me off financially"
    :eek::eek:

"hold on, hold on... Your family cut you off financially!!??"

:|

Personally - I don't know how I would react if my family cut me off financially.. :rolleyes:

"Myself and my brother have a shared experience.." :confused:

Harry'' family cut me off financially ''

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Harry

'' my father and my brother, they are trapped, they don't get to leave''

I wonder has Harry got that one backwards, palace staff nicknamed him the hostage since his marriage to Markle.

The divorce, when it comes, will be a messy one, she brought the kids to her home turf.

Harry made the deals he has made to pay the bills basically, to protect his family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

"My father and my brother, they are trapped. They don't get to leave," said Harry.

Honestly thought Harry's contribution would be much more vanilla than this.

Should be interesting to see how certain pro-Royal UK media outlets put a positive spin on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Modern day mods vs rockers..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Oh gawd! Poor me! What a crock of sh1t.

Sorry didn’t find her genuine or sincere at all.

Harry they cut me off financially? Well duh!

If he thinks it’s bad now wait till they ask for the money back!..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

I never heard her speak until tonight. I thought she came across well. Really damaging for the Royal family. The tabloids are a cancer. The comparison of how they covered Kate and Meghan eating avocados while pregnant was hilarious. The R.F harbour that big pedo Andrew and more stink made about meghan in the press than him says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    The tabloids are a cancer. The comparison of how they covered Kate and Meghan eating avocados while pregnant was hilarious.

Hadn't seen that before. Got a good laugh out of it.

uk-media-double-standarts-royal-meghan-markle-kate-middleton-1-2-5e1d6d87bedb1__700.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Front page of tomorrows Mail

Ev7U0lNXYAkMO_Q?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Hadn't seen that before. Got a good laugh out of it.

uk-media-double-standarts-royal-meghan-markle-kate-middleton-1-2-5e1d6d87bedb1__700.jpg

Another golden one

They got racism and the ole mental health in there to be fair. Without any specifics as to whom the culprits are. Damaging yet vague claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Whens Meghan getting the Hollywood movie made?

Thats the next key step in keeping their privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Suckit wrote: »
    Oprah looks like she hasn't slept in months. The big round glasses (I can't help mentioning them again) look ridiculous if they are supposed to help..

Comical.. But I am not a massive follower of fashion. So idk.

I saw a clip on the news last night

My better half commented “those look like joke glasses you’d find in a cornflakes box”!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well seems the US media are all behind them from what I’ve seen. Some of the allegations are serious but why didn’t they name the person they allege was concerned about the skin colour of their son ? Name and shame if you’re that sure of who it was.

Can the royal family respond to this interview formally ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

I worship the ground all of them royal p.i.t.a.'s walk on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Well watched it and have to say it was a sad show.

They were given awful abuse in the press in my opinion, but the interview has made me dislike them haha.

It seemed so pre scripted, lots of implied info with no basis provided. Using tabloid headlines to make other look bad and Meghan a victim (she was to be fair) but not blaming the press really.

The baby race (maybe a cook made a comment but we will never really know) was a right one. Then the whole they wouldnt keep him safe unless they made him a prince (Hilarious)...

All in all a lovely sob story and hatchet job, more money in the bank from oprah and the lads future tv deals secured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well seems the US media are all behind them from what I’ve seen. Some of the allegations are serious but why didn’t they name the person they allege was concerned about the skin colour of their son ? Name and shame if you’re that sure of who it was.

can press hate the royals since andrew and epstein. Sure Oprah helped em pla y on it.

They might have to reply some serious racism allegations in there. Time to take the sussexxes title away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Course they are, this is a sympathy milking, brand building exercise in the US for them, so racism, mental health yada yada all great to stir emotion and garner support. Harry said himself he’s cut off financially so they need to be “someones” in the US to earn money.
    I’ve no time for either of them, falling out with her family and then his, even after saying she was going to finally have the family she never had and Charles walking her down the aisle.... I don’t buy it at all, so good luck to them, they deserve each other, and the royals are well rid.

• Advertisement

As for Harry being cut off financially, what almost 40 year old capable man is financially dependent on his family, seriously he doesn’t live in the real world ????
    I’ve not depended financially on my family since I was 17. Then I got a job and worked to earn money as we all do. Harry was a working royal so he got paid, when he stopped working he stopped being paid, like any employer. He seems more than a little entitled to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Yeah he shouldn’t expect taxpayers money living in a foreign country. Get a grip on reality!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Skip 5/10 years from now

Meghan will be shacked up with a Hollywood type/Saudi Prince

Harry will be miserable and will traipse back to England

Could happen!!

Finally, Charles asked him to put it in writing.... ah yes, don’t we all have to formally tender our resignation when leaving a job!!!! I think Harry has confused his family and his employer and infuriated both. He’s gonna have a full time job now anyways doing Megan’s bidding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I guess if you grew up in a 200 room palace, ski holidayed in Kloisters from a toddler and played chopsticks on a solid gold piano in your grannies living room and people knelt to you every time you came into a room you’d have a skewed perspective on ‘entitlement’.

As for cash cow e200million + land Charles ‘cutting him off’ he already has e20m from his mammy - guess ge might be regretting walking away from a share in that inheritance - especially when Charles who is nearly 70 dies. And lets face it - he’s already had covid as has his next in line brother. BIG timing mistake.

As for Maggie - I never knew you could be awarded a title of princess and have it advance decided that your sons or daughters wouod not carry that title. I guess she didn’t see that coming either. You’d think with that shrewd advance planning from the queen that she’d cop on now that there’s talk in the air of the HRH being taken off Harry and the Sussex title removed - but no.
    Seems mr self assured and entitled has found his perfect mrs.

No doubt the tabloids and media will gorge off them for years but as everyone say, it plays badly into their two main mantras of wanting media privacy and wanting to be financially self sufficient!!

As for her - always the victim - seems she wants the black audience with her new poormouthing over the colour of the baby. I seem to remember someone famous getting axed for posting a pic of a black baby with ginger hair on twitter - and they wern’t the only ones on the planet wondering.

Not that I care about any of them - but it seems ironic that her main trade on fame is a C list actress part and then marrying a prince who was eligable, wealthy and gormless - not to mention having been thrown over by every girlfriend he ever hd and openly desperate to marry. And now she hs positioned herself to try and poison his relationship with his family, alienated him from his past and all his friends and is seeking to destroy the royal family she was so desperate to marry into. Sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

screamer wrote: »
    Finally, Charles asked him to put it in writing.... ah yes, don’t we all have to formally tender our resignation when leaving a job!!!! I think Harry has confused his family and his employer and infuriated both. He’s gonna have a full time job now anyways doing Megan’s bidding.

I find this all a bit roiling, don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

It’s an utterly bizarre institution when you think about what it is and how it operates.

The quote that stood out to me was that they took her passport and her keys. That’s screwed up and chimes with what you’re seeing coming out of the UAE rather than a 21st century Western European country.

The whole thing seems to be about creating a facade of respectability at any cost, be it cover up or bullying and it seems to matter far more than it should and wields strange power and influence.

I’d suspect it’s driven by a whole system of archaic courtiers running and maintaining it.

It also just puts the freak show that is the British tabloid media on display for what it is. The royals are a big part of their output.

It’s the same bullying newspapers that seem to more or less run the U.K. in many political aspects of life too. When you consider the vicious lies that come out day after day whipping up fever around Brexit for example or keeping the tabloid PM in office or destroying whatever political figure has dared to get in the way of whatever agenda they’re in favour of. They also think nothing of ability absolutely destroying minor celebrities.

I remember living in London and witnessing a very minor tv personality being absolutely hounded by tabloid photographers. I was just having coffee and next thing saw this woman literally cowering and two photographers stalking her, one of them shouting stuff at her to get a reaction. It was over some absolute trash non story about her personal life.

It can be a very, very strange place.

The whole concept of a royal family in the 21st century is bizarre, particularly one that’s taken this seriously, but in this case it’s also indulging a national need for some kind of Disney fantasy. There’s also that obsessive following of them which is like a mixture of celebrity fandom crossed with a sort of medieval subservience and ultra patriotism. It’s just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,377 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I've no time for any of these royals and have to say I am loving all this dirty washing being aired in public. Perhaps it might go some way to making the British sit up and realise just how toxic their parasitic relationship is to this family of wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I've no time for any of these royals and have to say I am loving all this dirty washing being aired in public. Perhaps it might go some way to making the British sit up and realise just how toxic their parasitic relationship is to this family of wasters.

Unfortunately it's more likely they'll double down on their support for them. They might bump off Prince Philip a bit early for the ideal "dead cat" What hopefully might happen though is progressive countries like Canada and New Zealand sit up and finally cut the ties with the monarchy. Saying that the flag vote in New Zealand a few years ago doesn't really tally with that idea.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,482 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Whatever one thinks of Meaghan, clearly Harry has been carrying serious issues with himself, the family, the media and the wider institution of the Royal family for well before she was on the scene.

To blame her is to, like the royal family itself, completely miss the point. Here is a guy that was crying out for help, his family ignored him and told him to 'suck it up' which led him to try to find people that would listen and accept his POV.

If Meaghan really is as bad as people are making out, then it is fully the fault of his family for driving him away to such an extent.

They, the Royal family, bear the responsibility for what appears to be a very broken man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement