Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan and Harry Interview (Mod Warning in First Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,686 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

BettyS wrote: »
    It must be weird for him going from living a very abnormal life as a royal to now living in LA.

He needs a purpose that's for sure. Not sure how he fills his weeks, does anyone even know what his interests are??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Oprah said on CBS This Morning that Harry wanted to convey that neither the Queen or Prince Phillip made the comment about their children's skin color.

Meghan said in the interview that Kate is a good person, so that leaves Charles, William or Camilla.

Harry friends on sky claiming that when institution is mentioned it meant staff and not the royals.

Sure you could throw andrew in the mix above.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Harry friends on sky claiming that when institution is mentioned it meant staff and not the royals.

Sure you could throw andrew in the mix above.

This was the top Reddit comment this morning

The UK public is being absolutely mauled alive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Too true! But even adjusting to making friends and all the regular stuff will be weird. It seems like when a child from very strict parents experiences freedom for the first time when they go to college

LA is rather insular when it comes to living there. You can be damned sure Harry isn’t taking the trash out and cutting the grass. He has a well paid staff to do everything. LA does staff well...:)
    See this is wrong, they now make their own choices, rather than being told what you can do and can't do. Doing the interview was their choice, every deal they now make, its their choice now, and its to support their family. They are now in control of their destiny for the first time since they got married.

True, but when your only thing to sell is “my life as a Royal”, it gets old very quickly. They may be in control of their destiny and good luck to them. However, this revealing of secrets without context or naming people is pure media spin. It’s making money from privilege.

Oprah said on CBS This Morning that Harry wanted to convey that neither the Queen or Prince Phillip made the comment about their children's skin color.

Meghan said in the interview that Kate is a good person, so that leaves Charles, William or Camilla.

Or a whole host of advisers . The Queen too is a puppet , she's not really in control, the whole institution is run as a means to save face at any cost.

The Queen is a 94 year old lady, it's like a couple of guys knocking on her door, convincing her that her gutters need cleaning, that's the advice, from those advising her, and they'll keep on until she agrees , and then they go take out the thrash in her name. Every decision she makes is made on the back of others convincing her that it's the right call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Hooked

she is a nasty piece of work. used every pc card you could. and I hate Royal family lol whoy is Oprah wearing Dennis talors glasses

The pic doing the rounds says she's actually "Ian Wright - dressed as Mrs Doubtfire"... Classic.

While it can't have been great living under the thumb of the Royal family... I wonder is Harry any better off living with Meghan and her 'issues'.

I really don't see the point of this interview...

If you want a quiet life - then go live one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

He needs a purpose that's for sure. Not sure how he fills his weeks, does anyone even know what his interests are??????

Running a corgi ranch in the San Fernando Valley?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

What I mean is what a damaging gesture in any society to give far more money for some bogus Netflix show to some celebrities then to the healthcare staff treating the ailing members of that same society. What message does it send out?

100 million is an obscene amount of money by any stretch!

Netfilx are not a charity. They do things for profit. And their subscribers pay them for tv/movie content not to pay the nurses. It's like saying your employer would be better of paying nurses than their employees because what nurses do is more worthwhile.

I don't see the fuss about them or other royals as I don't care about Obama podcasts (and that's not criticism of Obamas) but those companies identify who will make them money and pay whatever needs to be paid to get the content.

NSAman wrote: »
    LA is rather insular when it comes to living there. You can be damned sure Harry isn’t taking the trash out and cutting the grass. He has a well paid staff to do everything. LA does staff well...:)

True, but when your only thing to sell is “my life as a Royal”, it gets old very quickly. They may be in control of their destiny and good luck to them. However, this revealing of secrets without context or naming people is pure media spin. It’s making money from privilege.

Is it not showing some class, as to not throw people under the bus, even though those same people threw them under the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

she is a nasty piece of work. used every pc card you could. and I hate Royal family lol whoy is Oprah wearing Dennis talors glasses

Them glasses are comical

The wife said it looks like she got them free in a cornflakes box

• Advertisement

Is it not showing some class, as to not throw people under the bus, even though those same people threw them under the bus.

I would say behind the scenes, the royal families legal representation will be promptly getting involved

Prince Philip was the first person that came to mind when I heard that. I bet they had to put out that clarification just because almost everyone would come to that conclusion. :D

I don't think i'll bother watching the interview but the whole kerfuffle will entertain for weeks.

meeeeh wrote: »
    Prince Philip was the first person that came to mind when I heard that. I bet they had to put put out that clarification just because almost everyone would come to that conclusion. :D

I don't think i'll bother watching the interview but the whole kerfuffle will entertain for weeks.

Nothing will come of the interview, apart from pain for all involved parties

After the queen’s behaviour surrounding Diana’s death, I was sure that would be the end of the monarchy. But people just forgot and moved on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Or a whole host of advisers . The Queen too is a puppet , she's not really in control, the whole institution is run as a means to save face at any cost.

The Queen is a 94 year old lady, it's like a couple of guys knocking on her door, convincing her that her gutters need cleaning, that's the advice, from those advising her, and they'll keep on until she agrees , and then they go take out the thrash in her name. Every decision she makes is made on the back of others convincing her that it's the right call.

I also got the impression from that interview that the Queen is the head of the Royal Family in name only. The fact that Meghan and Harry specifically praised her on a few occasions made it obvious that they were separating her from the rest of the institution. I get the impression that the Queen operates within her own bubble in the Royal Family, and senior palace officials and other royals tightly control the information and advice given to her.

Hardly class! It’s called money, creating a narrative. Unfortunately, this “interview” is one sided. The Royals treated me so badly!... yep they sure did Meghan, just like your own family treated you so well?

There are obviously two (actually three) sides to any story. Throwing shade at an institution that won’t respond (yet we know is dysfunctional) and claiming that you were hard done by, sorry it smacks to me of self serving promotion tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

I think she's full of crap. Bar her mother, she's estranged from her immediate and extended family, now it's going to be the same with Harry's family. It cant always be everyone elses fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,204 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I never understood why they got engaged and married so fast.
    I always got the impression that William and Harry wanted to do things differently.
    William and Kate were together with years and even broke up for a while and got back together. Kate knew what she was getting herself into.
    With Megan and Harry they got engaged very fast. Megan even got invited to Events that Kate didn’t get invited until she was married.

It doesn't get old, trust me.

How far back does the monarchy stretch?

People are still enthralled. The modern take on it, spun by Philip and Meghan is that they were prisoners.

The Tower of London has lost some of its significance in this age of Netflix and Reddit.

Nothing will come of the interview, apart from pain for all involved parties

They live very comfortable lives in order to perform for the pubic. That's only one aspect of it, I think having someone by birth as representative of state is completely crazy (even Vatican is bastion of enlightenment in comparison since they elect their popes) but they have also enormous privileges. In that way I have very little sympathy because there is always an option of stepping down. Royal family as an institution helps to preserve huge inequalities in British society. Maybe they feel duty bound to their birth right but I don't think that kind of set up is good for large swathes of British population who will be always excluded from the privileges hereditary titles offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mules wrote: »
    I think she's full of crap. Bar her mother, she's estranged from her immediate and extended family, now it's going to be the same with Harry's family. It cant always be everyone elses fault.

That's because her father staged photos before the wedding with media outlets for money, when found out took ill and couldn't make it to the wedding, and then he and his side of the family repeatedly did news interviews about her, again, for money.

That side of her family seem to be some of the lowest dregs and trash that I think its actually fair to say, it is their fault rather than Meghan's.

• Advertisement

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    It doesn't get old, trust me.

How far back does the monarchy stretch?

People are still enthralled. The modern take on it, spun by Philip and Meghan is that they were prisoners.

The Tower of London has lost some of its significance in this age of Netflix and Reddit.

Yes they were prisoners! Kept in palaces, not cut off until middle 2020.

They rebelled! They left the prison.

Surprising then that they wanted the titles of Prince for their son (who is a cutie) and to retain their titles also.....seems Stockholm syndrome is very much a thing? Unless...... they needed the titles for another project? Hmmmmm I wonder what that would be?....hmmmmm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

100 million could have been better spent on the nurses’ pay in the UK

what about the homeless??
    could it not have been used to build a white water rafting facility?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I also got the impression from that interview that the Queen is the head of the Royal Family in name only. The fact that Meghan and Harry specifically praised her on a few occasions made it obvious that they were separating her from the rest of the institution. I get the impression that the Queen operates within her own bubble in the Royal Family, and senior palace officials and other royals tightly control the information and advice given to her.

I just saw this on BBC which kinda illustrates my point:
    In another CBS clip, Harry said he had been suddenly told he was no longer invited to spend time with the Queen at Sandringham in January 2020.

Harry said the Queen had told him to come and see her there after he and Meghan arrived back in the UK from Canada.

He said: "My grandmother had said 'the moment you land, come up to Sandringham, we'd love to have a chat, come for tea, why don't you stay for dinner because it's going to be a long drive and you're going to be exhausted?"'

He said 'the moment we landed in the UK' he got a message from his private secretary at the time, passing on a message from the Queen's private secretary.

Essentially, he said he was told "she was too busy. You can't come up".

Harry said he then rang the Queen from Frogmore Cottage and she said: "Yes, there's something in my diary that I didn't know that I had."

He said he asked about the rest of the week, and his grandmother had replied that she was busy then too. He told Winfrey: "I didn't want to push because I kind of knew what was going on."

The chat show host asked: "Doesn't the Queen get to do what the Queen wants to do?"

Harry replied: "When you're head of the firm there is people around you that give you advice. And what has also made me really sad is some of that advice has been really bad."

crazy 88 wrote: »
    what about the homeless??
    could it not have been used to build a white water rafting facility?

That was just one of many examples. I selected this story because it was topical in the media at the moment

"Speaking about his father, Harry said: “I feel really let down because he’s been through something similar, he knows what pain feels like, (and) Archie’s his grandson.
    “But at the same time – I will always love him – but there’s a lot of hurt that’s happened and I will continue to make it one of my priorities to try and heal that relationship.
    “But they only know what they know, or what they’re told.”
    Harry said his father stopped taking his calls while Harry and Meghan were in Canada “because I took matters into my own hands. I needed to do this for my family”."

insert knife
    remove
    here dad, have a plaster

That was just one of many examples. I selected this story because it was topical in the media at the moment

So Netflix should pay for Nurses or other public services is what you're saying?

Yes they were prisoners! Kept in palaces, not cut off until middle 2020.

They rebelled! They left the prison.

Surprising then that they wanted the titles of Prince for their son (who is a cutie) and to retain their titles also.....seems Stockholm syndrome is very much a thing? Unless...... they needed the titles for another project? Hmmmmm I wonder what that would be?....hmmmmm :)

Yes, lol.

The Stockholm syndrome kicks in fast when the jailers tie you up in Saville row suits, the crown jewels and Bentleys in tow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Penn wrote: »
    That's because her father staged photos before the wedding with media outlets for money, when found out took ill and couldn't make it to the wedding, and then he and his side of the family repeatedly did news interviews about her, again, for money.

That side of her family seem to be some of the lowest dregs and trash that I think its actually fair to say, it is their fault rather than Meghan's.

Sounds familiar.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

I think it’s ironic to the point of laughable that she took such a stand against her father for doing a tell all to the press that she cut off all contact with him and her family, and she turns around and does the very very same thing to her in laws. Now, what does she expect to happen? And I think that’s a huge part - divide and conquer. She has managed to burn the last bridge between Harry and his family, and he seems to be fine with it. Shocking stuff really and says a lot more about them than any interview ever will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

screamer wrote: »
    I think it’s ironic to the point of laughable that she took such a stand against her father for doing a tell all to the press that she cut off all contact with him and her family, and she turns around and does the very very same thing to her in laws. Now, what does she expect to happen? And I think that’s a huge part - divide and conquer. She has managed to burn the last bridge between Harry and his family, and he seems to be fine with it. Shocking stuff really and says a lot more about them than any interview ever will.

You seem to be assuming that Meaghan is the driver in all of this. Harry has had serious issues for years with the media, and the royal family.

Why do people assume that Harry is so totally unable to think for himself?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement