Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan and Harry Interview (Mod Warning in First Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

‘they’ took her passport and her keys? Keys to what? Frogmore? The wedding Bentley? I never heard of her having a car or appartment of her own in London. Did she expect to keep a key to buckingham palace so she could nip in for an avacado on her way to Harrods?

& most women have to hand their passports over to get their name changed when they get married and want to travel. What second name is she using now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

‘they’ took her passport and her keys? Keys to what? Frogmore? The wedding Bentley? I never heard of her having a car or appartment of her own in London. Did she expect to keep a key to buckingham palace so she could nip in for an avacado on her way to Harrods?

& most women have to hand our passports over to get their name changed when they get married and want to travel. What second name is she using now?

Indeed so much stuff thrown out there, but no context behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,053 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I found it hilarious that she wanted her son to have a title. So much for equality and being modern.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭ebbsy

She wanted a few bob and he got his meat and 2 veg.

But they did not want to do the royal duties ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

& most women have to hand our passports over to get their name changed when they get married and want to travel. What second name is she using now?

Really?! That’s news to me.
    I’ve never heard of anyone handing over their passport to anyone other than the passport office to process something.

The implication she was making was they (“the firm”) didn’t want her travelling back to the US, so took her passport, which would in all likelihood be an American one.

Most people don’t have a situation where their grandmother in law quite literally is the state.

The institution itself is just a bizarre concept though. I’d suspect she had a rather rude awakening when she realised it wasn’t about Disney princess lifestyle and involved a lot of extreme formality and ceremonial garbage and being basically nationalised as a public institution for a load of royal obsessives to parse what she had for breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,053 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

ebbsy wrote: »
    She wanted a few bob and he got his meat and 2 veg.

But they did not want to do the royal duties ?

That's what it looks like. Too much work and too boring for them.

This happened with Edward VIII, he didn't want to do the Royal rubbish. Margaret too hated all of that stuff and spent most of her life on holiday.

Difficulty is, they want to hold onto the titles and privileges.

Wonder how much of the Royal Family the Brits will tolerate, particularly after the Queen dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

tell ye one thing..she's packed on the weight. is that a double chin an all now?

As for cash cow e200million + land Charles ‘cutting him off’ he already has e20m from his mammy - guess ge might be regretting walking away from a share in that inheritance - especially when Charles who is nearly 70 dies. And lets face it - he’s already had covid as has his next in line brother. BIG timing mistake.

What does already having Covid have to do with it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

I found it hilarious that she wanted her son to have a title. So much for equality and being modern.

Equality or not, why didn’t he receive the title? Look at how Andrew’s daughters all received the title. It may seem trivial, but they are wondering why.

Nobody will come out well from this. It is sad to see a family so broken.

That said, no family is worth suicide!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Not too bothered about the Royal Family or their bickering, but as a man watching another man - I sympathise for Harry. Poor fella has been absolutely brainwashed by somebody with more red flags than a communist march, now he is on the other side of the globe in an unfamiliar environment with no allies around him, while she makes it impossible for him to ever reconnect with his family when this all goes t*ts up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Fair play to her for talking about her mental health problems, that will resonate with a lot of people. Not an easy thing to do and will of course be dismissed as attention seeking by the usual gob****es here.

BettyS wrote: »
    That said, no family is worth suicide!

I'd say there's not much truth in her claim tbh ........... perhaps she uttered "I wish I was dead" or something but I doubt she was genuinely suicidal. She's just doing a brezzy on it and trying to cash in on mental health. Very populist nowadays, a must do for anyone serious about a career in the public eye talking sh1t. There's enough red top readers out there who lap it up.........
    Fair play to her for talking about her mental health problems, that will resonate with a lot of people. Not an easy thing to do and will of course be dismissed as attention seeking by the usual gob****es here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Well watched it and have to say it was a sad show.

They were given awful abuse in the press in my opinion, but the interview has made me dislike them haha.

It seemed so pre scripted, lots of implied info with no basis provided. Using tabloid headlines to make other look bad and Meghan a victim (she was to be fair) but not blaming the press really.

The baby race (maybe a cook made a comment but we will never really know) was a right one. Then the whole they wouldnt keep him safe unless they made him a prince (Hilarious)...

All in all a lovely sob story and hatchet job, more money in the bank from oprah and the lads future tv deals secured.

This nails it

Augeo wrote: »
    I'd say there's not much truth in her claim tbh ........... perhaps she uttered "I wish I was dead" or something but I doubt she was genuinely suicidal. She's just doing a brezzy on it and trying to cash in on mental health. Very populist nowadays, a must do for anyone serious about a career in the public eye talking sh1t. There's enough red top readers out there who lap it up.........

Did you copy and paste this from the Daily Mail comments section? Not worth responding to.

Did you copy and paste this from the Daily Mail comments section? Not worth responding to.

TheJournal comments are usually as vitriolic as the DailyMail. Which Irish people actually write those kinds of comments on theJournal?

It is insane how obsessed the US media are with the story. I don’t know if people will just become sick of Harry and Meghan due to overexposure

I suppose a good royal scandal and the family huffing is an excellent distraction from the horrors of COVID and the lunacy of Brexit.

I’m sure Boris is delighted.

I suppose a good royal scandal and the family huffing is an excellent distraction from the horrors of COVID and the lunacy of Brexit.

I’m sure Boris is delighted.

I am sure that the queen is delighted that the Andrew story is also flying under the radar!

TheJournal comments are usually as vitriolic as the DailyMail. Which Irish people actually write those kinds of comments on theJournal?

Probably the same posters in this thread. You know the ones. "Poor Harry has been brainwashed"/"She's lying about having mental health problems." Sad immature individuals that don't really know much about anything.

The Queen will have to really up the ante now and deliver a speech, while wearing an unusual hat to express her annoyance.

She’ll have royal watchers literally convulsed with intrigue.

Keep an eye out for her next appearance at the opening of an envelope.

How many corgies did she have with her? Is she wearing the right broach? So many important questions ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Honestly thought Harry's contribution would be much more vanilla than this.

Should be interesting to see how certain pro-Royal UK media outlets put a positive spin on that.

I didn’t, based on this compilation I watched yesterday which is pretty much all well pre-Meghan. A ‘Harry not holding back’ compilation. It’s why I don’t believe the narrative that Meghan is dragging him around by the nose.

https://twitter.com/habibty_q/status/1368528254194376706?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Augeo wrote: »
    What does already having Covid have to do with it? :confused:

Em - because - given Harry is currently 6th in line - daddy charles, willers, 3 nephews/nieces - Charles and Willers have been diagnosed with Covid - Willers lives with his kids. Suddenly the possibility of the line being wiped out or considerably shortened is a living reality. Queenie is 90+ and even she can’t live forever. Had he remained and played ball with the incurable and unpredictable covid he could be looking at a far greater chance at the throne & ultimate power & glory - but now he’s run away & messed it all up.

If his HRH title is taken away he won’t even be in line to inherit apparently - thou I only read this & can’t really figure how it works. Thou it hppened to his uncle.

The Irish Lord Leinster had a vaguely similar inheritance nightmare - his father used own Leinster House (government buildings) and he ( the son) was 4th or so in line to inherit - and decided it was probably never going to happen. He SOLD his share of whatever inheritance he wouod get for cash upfront to a bookies and went about spending and gambling it. Then - hey presto - World War One and the Spanish Flu wiped the male line above him out within a few short years - he suddenly found himself the new Lord of Leinster - but... had already totally f* it up for
    himself. Nightmare story really.

In my crystal ball I see megan gnashing her polished veneers. I don’t think he’d be either bothered or able.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Nozebleed wrote: »
    tell ye one thing..she's packed on the weight. is that a double chin an all now?

Hahaha, too much avocado so

I’d say william smiles every day he wakes up beside that fine thing, Katie ! Has the looks, intelligent.. no bull****

Nozebleed wrote: »
    LillySV wrote: »

I’d say william smiles every day he wakes up beside that fine thing, Katie ! Has the looks, intelligent.. no bull****

International Women's Day in full swing, fair play to ye.

LillySV wrote: »

Genuinely, how do you know what Kate and William are really like? On what basis is she intelligent? On what basis is there no bull****? We only see what they want us to see. Remember how people thought what a nice guy David Beckham was and then the emails were leaked, depicting him as an odious man. The royal family is a carefully scripted PR campaign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Coybig_ wrote: »
    Not too bothered about the Royal Family or their bickering, but as a man watching another man - I sympathise for Harry. Poor fella has been absolutely brainwashed by somebody with more red flags than a communist march, now he is on the other side of the globe in an unfamiliar environment with no allies around him, while she makes it impossible for him to ever reconnect with his family when this all goes t*ts up.

Look at this mostly pre-Meghan compilation. He’s not really holding back, is he?

https://twitter.com/habibty_q/status/1368528254194376706?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

Genuinely, how do you know what Kate and William are really like? On what basis is she intelligent? On what basis is there no bull****? We only see what they want us to see. Remember how people thought what a nice guy David Beckham was and then the emails were leaked, depicting him as an odious man. The royal family is a carefully scripted PR campaign

Which is exactly why Megan’s experience could have been a lot different. Some of the royals know how to play the game so that the press don’t hound them, but I think Megan and Harry drew them on themselves, whether through naivety or self promotion. It could have been much different.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well seems the US media are all behind them from what I’ve seen. Some of the allegations are serious but why didn’t they name the person they allege was concerned about the skin colour of their son ? Name and shame if you’re that sure of who it was.

Can the royal family respond to this interview formally ?

Most likely Prince Philip!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

There's a claim that jumped out to me so much that I had to go and check the legality of the situation.
    Megan said her and Harry actually got married 3 days before the "Royal Wedding".
    That she rang the Archbishop of Canterbury, and he carried out the ceremony.
    Just the 3 of them in the back garden of Kensington Palace.
    The thing to note there, is "Just the 3 of them"!
    Except, that wouldn't be a legal marriage.
    A legal marriage requires that in addition to the celebrant and the bride and groom that 2 witnesses must also sign the register.

It's such a simple and easily checked/confirmed piece of info.
    If they can at worst lie, and at best mistake a rehearsal for a wedding?
    How can their recollection be trusted?

Also the entire someone said what colour is the baby going to be bit?
    Why raise that, if you are not going to tell the whole story?
    Would be as offensive to ask if the baby was going to be ginger?
    Or worse yet, biracial and ginger?
    Rather than throw a racist under the bus?
    They threw the entire family under the bus to preserve the "privacy" that they just obliterated?

Don't get me wrong!
    I'm bloody delighted to see the UK and Royals in turmoil.
    But the more you look beneath the surface of the claims?

The more there is a worrying lack of substance IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Coybig_ wrote: »

If you have sympathy for him maybe you should actually pay attention to what he is saying.

The family is the problem, Meagan is his answer. they are the root of his problems. Far from being brainwashed, she has helped him break free from a family that wanted to brainwash him, wanted to control him, wanted to ignore his feelings.

He never had allies around him, that is exactly the point he is making. They never cared for him, only the institution.

Whether he can ever reconnect is, it would seem, very much on them. They need to start to listen to him, take on board what he is saying, and put his wellbeing ahead of their own wishes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement