Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan and Harry Interview (Mod Warning in First Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

banie01 wrote: »
    That was the claim made during the interview, I'm looking forward to seeing a statement from the Archbishop's office or a copy of the wedding cert TBH.

He already dismissed the claim and said that it is easily verifiable.

It worries me as to why they would bother to lie about this. And now the whole veracity is compromised.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

100 million for Netflix productions ?!?

Fcukin hell.

100 million for Netflix productions ?!?

Fcukin hell.

100 million could have been better spent on the nurses’ pay in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

BettyS wrote: »
    He already dismissed the claim and said that it is easily verifiable.

It worries me as to why they would bother to lie about this. And now the whole veracity is compromised.

That's my point really.
    Falsus in uno, falsus in omnium.

If Harry and her's recollection of when they actually wed is that faulty?
    Nothing further they say can be afforded credibility without verification.

That claim, undermines their entire position IMO and the sooner it's picked over and queried by the press the sooner a light can be directed at the RF, M&H and the actions of all parties.

[Snip]Off Topic[Snip]

Mod: Please read the forum charter before posting

Trevor Noah is south african......

but sure all the blacks are the same ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

she is a nasty piece of work. used every pc card you could. and I hate Royal family lol whoy is Oprah wearing Dennis talors glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Do you think the archbishop would conduct a secret wedding service behind the back of the Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church of England?

I don’t either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

utter guff but car crash stuff.

Do you think the archbishop would conduct a secret wedding service behind the back of the Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church of England?

I don’t either

I doubt that the American press will now cover this.

Mud sticks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

The irony of saying who cares is not lost on me. How sad is someone's life that they follow this kind of bs.

I'm not into it myself, but the irony of your post hasn't been lost either. How sad must someones life be to post about a topic they've no interest in. Beautiful work :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I've no particular affinity to the Royal Family or Meghan and I'd say they can both take a share of the blame here but I do feel for Harry getting caught in the middle of this.

Even before he met her, you always felt Harry was like a little boy lost. I'm sure losing his mother in questionable circumstances at such a young age would have a huge effect on you.

A lot of what he's protecting Meghan and his family from is what his mother was subjected to but I dont think he sees anything wrong with some of his mothers behaviour and Meghan doing the same.

From quotes I've seen, surely Oprah should have pushed her harder on some of the vague accusations and if there were no holds barred and no agenda set, why wasn't Meghan asked about her estrangement from her own family?
    That wouldn't have painted her in a good light.

I hope, with the perceived shackles off him, that Harry gets the help he clearly needs and can move on with his life in whatever way he sees fit

Hoboo wrote: »
    I'm not into it myself, but the irony of your post hasn't been lost either. How sad must someones life be to post about a topic they've no interest in. Beautiful work :D

Your post made me smile!

I think the concept of alienation post-family member meeting their partner-to-be is more common than people admit.

This story resonates for people who have lost a
    family member to marriage. They are left trying to understand what went wrong.

This issue transcends class and race and status in life. It is a universal issue faced by many people. I am not surprised that there is human interest in the story

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Sorry but every time they open their gobs on their latest "woe is me" media spectacular i have less sympathy.

Alluding to someone in the family making a racist comment about 'what if the baby is dark' yet refusing to mention the context or name who said it is up there with Trump and his 'Many People say' goto response.

Why bring it up if you're not going to name them! If they said it and you truly believe it was racially intended...shame them ! Otherwise you're just creating the clickbait you yourself claim to be victim of !

And context is everything. It could have been a clumsy comment and lord knows certain royals are well known for their clumsy comments.

And as for his surprise for losing his security detail- just who does he expect to pay for this if he’s not a working royal?

I don’t know how America will embrace this pair but the UK however knows better to listen to this hearsay - I think they’re probably hurting as the British public did give them a lot of support and that support has been spurned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

You think Netflix should pay the nurses?

And context is everything. It could have been a clumsy comment and lord knows certain royals are well known for their clumsy comments.

And as for his surprise for losing his security detail- just who does he expect to pay for this if he’s not a working royal?

I don’t know how America will embrace this pair but the UK however knows better to listen to this hearsay - I think they’re probably hurting as the British public did give them a lot of support and that support has been spurned

In my opinion, the reason that the UK is so angry is because it is being inferred in the US that they are a racist nation. It is a pretty damaging accusation to face! The UK will of course defend itself

xabi wrote: »
    You think Netflix should pay the nurses?

What I mean is what a damaging gesture in any society to give far more money for some bogus Netflix show to some celebrities then to the healthcare staff treating the ailing members of that same society. What message does it send out?

100 million is an obscene amount of money by any stretch!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

whoy is Oprah wearing Dennis talors glasses

I can't see anything bar Eamon DeValera!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Why in the name of sweet suffering fcuk would Netflix pay the UK nurses?
    100% wouldn't watch.

Why in the name of sweet suffering fcuk would Netflix pay the UK nurses?
    100% wouldn't watch.

See my above post.

I simply despair that in this society that Meghan and Harry get 100 million for talking rubbish and we cannot afford to pay our healthcare staff or Gardai or teachers the same amount for a pay rise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

What do they do for money these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    What do they do for money these days?

Media...

They do “this” my life for a year or two in the palace.

They are media whores!

NSAman wrote: »
    Media...

They are media whores!

People will get bored quickly. What have they left to tell?

Further revelations are pouring out now from the cut footage

People will get bored quickly. What have they left to tell?

Further revelations are pouring out now from the cut footage

You could have written the script of this prior to even seeing the “interview”.

Unless you name and shame and stand by your convictions, this is the same as “anonymous sources said”....

This is going to end in tears for Harry. You can be damned sure, she is planning an exit strategy already. Leaving him....without family.

You could have written the script of this prior to even seeing the “interview”.

Unless you name and shame and stand by your convictions, this is the same as “anonymous sources said”....

This is going to end in tears for Harry. You can be damned sure, she is planning an exit strategy already. Leaving him....without family.

It must be weird for him going from living a very abnormal life as a royal to now living in LA.

It must be weird for him going from living a very abnormal life as a royal to now living in LA.

Not really, LA is a very abnormal place..:)

Not really, LA is a very abnormal place..:)

Too true! But even adjusting to making friends and all the regular stuff will be weird. It seems like when a child from very strict parents experiences freedom for the first time when they go to college

• Registered Users Posts: 35,684 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Media...

They are media whores!

See this is wrong, they now make their own choices, rather than being told what you can do and can't do. Doing the interview was their choice, every deal they now make, its their choice now, and its to support their family. They are now in control of their destiny for the first time since they got married.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Oprah said on CBS This Morning that Harry wanted to convey that neither the Queen or Prince Phillip made the comment about their children's skin color.

Meghan said in the interview that Kate is a good person, so that leaves Charles, William or Camilla.

• Advertisement

Jesus! Reddit is really attacking the UK! This was the top post this morning from a comment about the interview

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement