Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan and Harry Interview (Mod Warning in First Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

screamer wrote: »
    Which is exactly why Megan’s experience could have been a lot different. Some of the royals know how to play the game so that the press don’t hound them, but I think Megan and Harry drew them on themselves, whether through naivety or self promotion. It could have been much different.

I agree that their approach to the media was far from ideal!

I would say that the royal family carefully concoct every story that reaches the media. It all furthers the cause of the royal family.

Behind it all, from watching events over the years, they don’t seem to be the nicest family. All that privilege and pomp must go to their heads. We are only hearing further bullying allegations now, involving various members (not just Meghan and Harry) of the royal family. Of course these will never come to light

Leroy42 wrote: »
    If you have sympathy for him maybe you should actually pay attention to what he is saying.

The family is the problem, Meagan is his answer. they are the root of his problems. Far from being brainwashed, she has helped him break free from a family that wanted to brainwash him, wanted to control him, wanted to ignore his feelings.

He never had allies around him, that is exactly the point he is making. They never cared for him, only the institution.

Whether he can ever reconnect is, it would seem, very much on them. They need to start to listen to him, take on board what he is saying, and put his wellbeing ahead of their own wishes.

He wore that Nazi uniform at that party long before he ever met Meghan.

Imagine if your whole life purpose was to be the spare, the understudy? Nobody really thinks of you as important as your sibling. Your Granny and your brother have all these special sessions together. Harry’s life had no purpose; neither destined to be king nor his own person, a footnote in history. And the one person who most likely thought of him as equal to his brother (his mother) died.

I think that they are all spoilt and privileged. But I can understand the psychological damage that Harry experienced

We all need purpose for our lives, whatever that purpose may be. I think lack of purpose is what drives the offspring of the very wealthy into madness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Leroy42 wrote: »
    If you have sympathy for him maybe you should actually pay attention to what he is saying.

The family is the problem, Meagan is his answer. they are the root of his problems. Far from being brainwashed, she has helped him break free from a family that wanted to brainwash him, wanted to control him, wanted to ignore his feelings.

He never had allies around him, that is exactly the point he is making. They never cared for him, only the institution.

Whether he can ever reconnect is, it would seem, very much on them. They need to start to listen to him, take on board what he is saying, and put his wellbeing ahead of their own wishes.

She fell out with her own family and fell out with Harry’s ... now Harry is losing out on his family and a fortune to follow someone who clearly only wants fame and attention.... if she wanted privacy she wouldn’t be on an Oprah show! And once all the royal family fiasco tires out down the line and she can’t milk anymore out of that.. she will divorce Harry and say he wasn’t fully supporting her ... and on to the next fool...

Harry and Archie are the only ones I feel for here...that soft fool is getting destroyed and destroying some of his sons future wealth also ... to follow a dramatic and bad American actress

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’d say other “minor” members of the royal family the likes of princess anne etc who have kept their head down over the years and got on with the boring public service work must be very annoyed with Meghan and Harry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭Deeec

Most likely Prince Philip!

You are probably right with who said it. Old people have no filter as to what is right and wrong to say ( He is 99 years old). He probably said it but meant no harm. I have a friend who has a mixed race child - her father asked her this question when she was pregnant. He was just curious and she didnt take offence. I think Meg is making an issue out of nothing here.
    If he had said ' hopefully the baby will be a boy' or commented on the babies hair colour would they also have been offended.

• Advertisement

Deeec wrote: »
    You are probably right with who said it. Old people have no filter as to what is right and wrong to say ( He is 99 years old). He probably said it but meant no harm. I have a friend who has a mixed race child - her father asked her this question when she was pregnant. He was just curious and she didnt take offence. I think Meg is making an issue out of nothing here.
    If he had said ' hopefully the baby will be a boy' or commented on the babies hair colour would they also have been offended.

Googling some of Prince Philip’s quotes from over the years is shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

banie01 wrote: »
    There's a claim that jumped out to me so much that I had to go and check the legality of the situation.
    Megan said her and Harry actually got married 3 days before the "Royal Wedding".
    That she rang the Archbishop of Canterbury, and he carried out the ceremony.
    Just the 3 of them in the back garden of Kensington Palace.
    The thing to note there, is "Just the 3 of them"!
    Except, that wouldn't be a legal marriage.
    A legal marriage requires that in addition to the celebrant and the bride and groom that 2 witnesses must also sign the register.

It's such a simple and easily checked/confirmed piece of info.
    If they can at worst lie, and at best mistake a rehearsal for a wedding?
    How can their recollection be trusted?

Yeah, I’m not sure that’s possible. If they were already married by the time of the televised wedding, could they really have gone through the vows again in a second ceremony. Like, is that even legal? And there has to be five people present at a wedding minimum - the couple, a celebrant and two witnesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

LillySV wrote: »
    Hahaha, too much avocado so

I’d say william smiles every day he wakes up beside that fine thing, Katie ! Has the looks, intelligent.. no bull****

I couldn't care less who is right or wrong in royal saga. But this kind of reply and post you quoted is something posted by people who big themselves up by downgrading others. Maybe some intelligent company would benefit in your case too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MarshmallowPop

I must say I absolutely despise the idea of the 'Royal Family'. What did these people achieve and do in their lives to be classed as Royal, absolutely nothing that's what. They basically were born into a lineage and that's about it. I really think they are a crowd of rich chavs who have brought nothing but scandal to the country.

Yes, people say that the Royal Family have brought a lot of revenue through tourism but it's not like tourists get to sit with the Queen for afternoon tea. They only look at buildings from the outside, much like why I would go to Paris or Rome to marvel at the architecture.

From the perspective of Harry and Meghan, I do think there was a lot of bullying going on, from the tabloids in particular. Meghan could do no right.

I also think there is a lot of issues going on in the background like who is his real Dad and what really happened his Mum in Paris.

Imagine thinking that your own flesh and blood deliberately set out to hurt his Mother.

To be quite frank, I am surprised he survived those Chavs for that long.

Also, if you really want a good laugh about the 'Royal Family, watch the Windsors on Netflix. It is way a more realistic view of the Royal Pains than the Crown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

meeeeh wrote: »
    I couldn't care less who is right or wrong in royal saga. But this kind of reply and post you quoted is something posted by people who big themselves up by downgrading others. Maybe some intelligent company would benefit in your case too.

Who did I downgrade? How can you conclude that I’m not intelligent ? If you don’t like something someone says, do you automatically lash out or try insult someone? Are you in a relationship? Feel for that person if this is a representation of how you handle or process things you don’t like....

• Advertisement

Are you in a relationship? Feel for that person if this is a representation of how you handle or process things you don’t like....

Thanks for your concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

BettyS wrote: »
    Equality or not, why didn’t he receive the title? Look at how Andrew’s daughters all received the title. It may seem trivial, but they are wondering why.

Nobody will come out well from this. It is sad to see a family so broken.

That said, no family is worth suicide!

Honestly, why do people take be it papers or their words as fact. A simple verification check instead of taking anything as gospel would dispel you from repeating nonsense.

Under protocols established by George V in letters patent more than 100 years ago in 1917, the children and grandchildren of a sovereign have the automatic right to the title HRH and prince or princess.

At the time Archie was born, he was the great-grandchild of a sovereign, not a grandchild. So not entitled... and nothing to do with equality :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MarshmallowPop

I’d say other “minor” members of the royal family the likes of princess anne etc who have kept their head down over the years and got on with the boring public service work must be very annoyed with Meghan and Harry

Princess Anne is no Saint either.

I'm also sure that she will find some comfort in her multi million pound Equestrian Centre paid for by yours truly (the British hardworking taxpayer).

Fair play to her for talking about her mental health problems, that will resonate with a lot of people. Not an easy thing to do and will of course be dismissed as attention seeking by the usual gob****es here.

10 years ago it would maybe have been considered brave to talk about mental health problems.

Nowadays it's de rigeur for celebs to talk about it.

Sir_Name wrote: »
    Honestly, why do people take be it papers or their words as fact. A simple verification check instead of taking anything as gospel would dispel you from repeating nonsense.

Under protocols established by George V in letters patent more than 100 years ago in 1917, the children and grandchildren of a sovereign have the automatic right to the title HRH and prince or princess.

At the time Archie was born, he was the great-grandchild of a sovereign, not a grandchild. So not entitled... and nothing to do with equality :rolleyes:

I am sure there are protocols. But Jesus, the whole thing is utterly archaic!

All I can think of when I see the clips is that she's an actress.

How much of her is genuine and how much of her is a "role" she is playing. She is someone who is able to pretend to be someone else. A useful skill in situations like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

BettyS wrote: »
    I am sure there are protocols. But Jesus, the whole thing is utterly archaic!

Utterly archaic maybe but that wasn't your point...

Little interest in the interview or Meghan Markle.

But don't understand the scepticism about what she says. The Queen's husband can't stop making racist comments, her son is accused of sex with underage girls...why is anyone annoyed with Markle's comments. How could she possibly harm their reputation?

Sir_Name wrote: »
    Utterly archaic maybe but that wasn't your point...

They seriously need to modernise the institution.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

meeeeh wrote: »
    Who did I downgrade? How can you conclude that I’m not intelligent ? If you don’t like something someone says, do you automatically lash out or try insult someone? Are you in a relationship? Feel for that person if this is a representation of how you handle or process things you don’t like....

MOD: Keep it civil please folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭Deeec

Sadly I think this is another doomed royal marriage. I like Harry and feel sorry for him. Meghan I think is calling all the shots and he is just following along. It sounds like they want nothing to do with the Royal family but still want all the benefits attached to being a member of the Royal family which is a complete contradiction. I would have more respect for them if they kept quiet and lived a normal life which is what they wanted but instead Meghan is using the media at every opportunity ( for money and keeping her name out there ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Interesting no questions at all about her father or estranged family. He’s really thrown his family under the bus

banie01 wrote: »

Also the entire someone said what colour is the baby going to be bit?
    Why raise that, if you are not going to tell the whole story?
    Would be as offensive to ask if the baby was going to be ginger?
    Or worse yet, biracial and ginger?

My son is biracial. I'm white and his mam is from SE Asia. When we were expecting him, we sometimes wondered aloud what features he'd get from each of us. It's just part of expecting a baby - the excitement of wondering what the little bundle will be like.

There need not be any badness in the comment; if you're woke with a victim complex however, the tendency is to take great umbrage at every remark and revel in how righteous you deem yourself to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Fair play to her for talking about her mental health problems, that will resonate with a lot of people. Not an easy thing to do and will of course be dismissed as attention seeking by the usual gob****es here.

the mental health card and add that to the vague racism claims.
    Twitter oppression Level : Full House.

If she played the woman card she'd be hitting Straight Flush territory
    Lob in the LGBT card and she'd have the Twitter God Tier Oppression level :Royal Flush

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Nozebleed wrote: »
    tell ye one thing..she's packed on the weight. is that a double chin an all now?

She's pregnant.

Also, her weight is completely irrelevant.

Icsics wrote: »
    Interesting no questions at all about her father or estranged family. He’s really thrown his family under the bus

I wonder will the royal family respond? Or just do their usual ‘say nothing’

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Northernlily

It's all a very sad sight playing out before us. I think there are a lot of damaged people on all sides. By damaged, I mean harbouring unresolved psychological traumas from various past events in their lives. The result is what we are seeing today and a bloodthirsty press preying on these fragilities and stoking the fire.

I think Harry is definitely a very vulnerable human. That child who walked behind his mother's coffin is still there.

The monarchy will protect the monarchy, but they are taking the wrong approach here and it will cost them dearly in how they are perceived by the new generation of the public when the Queen passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Wouldn't be interested at all in the royal family or any of that now out of date royalty crap ..but I suppose Meghan and harry are now actually coming to realize that money actually doesn't grow on trees..
    It would be interesting to know how much there getting paid directly and indirectly for appearing on oprah..
    On a positive it's good to see Meghan and harry moving on with their lives outside of Windsor and all the BS that goes with it..let alone the staggering high cost to the British taxpayers

Turbohymac wrote: »
    Wouldn't be interested at all in the royal family or any of that now out of date royalty crap ..but I suppose Meghan and harry are now actually coming to realize that money actually doesn't grow on trees..
    It would be interesting to know how much there getting paid directly and indirectly for appearing on oprah..
    On a positive it's good to see Meghan and harry moving on with their lives outside of Windsor and all the BS that goes with it..let alone the staggering high cost to the British taxpayers

She is beautiful American biracial Princess. Their ability to make money is significant. I don't think they needed to do the interview I think they wanted to do the interview.

Anyway the most entertaining part of this is British media meltdown. BoJo could probably increase taxes for 50% and it would end up somewhere on page 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Deeec wrote: »
    Sadly I think this is another doomed royal marriage. I like Harry and feel sorry for him. Meghan I think is calling all the shots and he is just following along. It sounds like they want nothing to do with the Royal family but still want all the benefits attached to being a member of the Royal family which is a complete contradiction. I would have more respect for them if they kept quiet and lived a normal life which is what they wanted but instead Meghan is using the media at every opportunity ( for money and keeping her name out there ).

So you just ignore all his talk about the media prior to meeting Meghan? You ignore what he says about his family not supporting him?

You just think that he was perfectly happy and then she got her claws into him and turned him?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement