Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Are you taking part in any LGBTQ events for pride month?
Yes 48 12.31%
No 342 87.69%
Voters: 390. You may not vote on this poll

10-06-2019, 22:52   #61
Stephen15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonotgmail View Post
the world has moved past you. deal with it.
The LGBTQWEYHJSHGKDKLMNIY+%@%#!^&$*÷^#?(×^÷* is a globalist agenda. I think Ireland would be even more progressive if we did our thing and rejected these agendas which strive to take away anything unique or induvidual plenty of countries haven't bowed down to this nonsense and you wouldn't call them backward.
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 22:53   #62
ohnonotgmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
The LGBTQWEYHJSHGKDKLMNIY+%@%#!^&$*÷^#?(×^÷* is a globalist agenda. I think Ireland would be even more progressive if we did our thing and rejected these agendas which strive to take away anything unique or induvidual plenty of countries haven't bowed down to this nonsense and you wouldn't call them backward.
george soros, amirite?
10-06-2019, 22:55   #63
klaaaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by One eyed Jack View Post
A whole month of cringe?

Nope.
Have you made your anti-Pride religious protest poster yet? Have you chosen the colours, remember to leave out the rainbow colour!
(3) thanks from:
10-06-2019, 22:59   #64
Stephen15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonotgmail View Post
george soros, amirite?
When did I mention George Soros? All I'm saying is gays should keep their sexuality to themselves not go around banging the LGBT drum you know just like straight people don't push their straightness down gays throats.
(2) thanks from:
10-06-2019, 23:00   #65
DrPhilG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterKid View Post
to show solidarity with LGBT people in intolerant and oppressive regimes around the world.
This is a genuine question, and I hope I'm not derailing the thread. Someone asked similar earlier and it was just dismissed.

Why do the LGBTQ community regularly show such strong support for Islam and Muslim groups. Even though Islamic views on homosexuality range from "its sinful" on the moderate scale to "hang them from buildings" on the radical scale.

I genuinely don't understand it.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 23:03   #66
klaaaz

Quote:
When did I mention George Soros? All I'm saying is gays should keep their sexuality to themselves not go around banging the LGBT drum you know just like straight people don't push their straightness down gays throats.
Straight people don't get beaten up for being straight, they can hold hands walking down the street unlike gay people.

If a straight pride happened, it'll be filled with male "masculine offended" marchers which in irony would like a gay march (perhaps they finally show their sensitive side! )
(2) thanks from:
10-06-2019, 23:05   #67
SirGerryAdams
Banned

No I will be avoiding everything related to pride. I treat gays like every other person I meet. I will not put gays on a pedestal and treat them like they're different to straight people. I also don't support corps using gay people as a tool to make money. Shame on them.

If gay people are bullied, attacked etc, the law is there to protect them. We have voted for marriage equality. Ireland is a place where gays are widely accepted as equal and I think it's absolutely stupid that you'd need to have a parade for people to know gays are supported.

Racism exists in the gaa at underage levels...why aren't the GAA doing a black pride march for them?

Irish people were victims of racism in the UK and still are yet I don't see any Irish Pride marches there?

I know gay lads who are dead sound and are just like everyone else. Then I see a lot of gay lads acting like being gay is an identity....like Daffyd from Little Britain.
10-06-2019, 23:08   #68
terryduff12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhilG View Post
This is a genuine question, and I hope I'm not derailing the thread. Someone asked similar earlier and it was just dismissed.

Why do the LGBTQ community regularly show such strong support for Islam and Muslim groups. Even though Islamic views on homosexuality range from "its sinful" on the moderate scale to "hang them from buildings" on the radical scale.

I genuinely don't understand it.

Me either

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-48580310

Cant the kids just learn about different relationships, obviously not if it is against the teachings of the once great muhammad

10-06-2019, 23:09   #69
Omackeral

So this is just gonna turn into another Muslim thread I take it? Like the gay women on the bus one.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 23:10   #70
One eyed Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaaaz View Post
Have you made your anti-Pride religious protest poster yet? Have you chosen the colours, remember to leave out the rainbow colour!

Do you go out of your way to look to be oppressed or something?

“Pride month” is nothing more than the promotion of a particular political viewpoint, fcukall to do with being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. As I’ve told you before, I used to be involved in organising Pride parades, but when I didn’t agree with their politics any more, I no longer wanted to be involved.

As it happens, I actually don’t know that many people who have any interest in political rallying masquerading as a Pride event these days, it’s just another tacky effort to sell tacky merch like flegs and feather boas to people who are into that sort of thing. I wouldn’t assume that people by virtue of their sex, sexual orientation or gender share a hive mind, any more than I would assume people who are religious are all bigots. As your post demonstrates there are many ways in which people are bigots.

Seven colours in the rainbow btw, which is why the rainbow was chosen as a symbol of the political movement - meant to imply acceptance of all people, not just those of a certain political bent.
(2) thanks from:
10-06-2019, 23:11   #71
Stephen15

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaaaz View Post
Straight people don't get beaten up for being straight, they can hold hands walking down the street unlike gay people.

If a straight pride happened, it'll be filled with male "masculine offended" marchers which in irony would like a gay march (perhaps they finally show their sensitive side! )
And the vast majority that go around beating up gays are Muslims guess what the same people that support pride will support Muslim immigration into the west sort of ironic. All ii am saying is homosexuality should be accepted but not promoted or embraced. Some people don't agree with it and their perfectly entitled to that as long as they hurt anyone.

The whole straight pride idea was a piss take and a joke that some lefties took offence to.
Thanks from:
10-06-2019, 23:12   #72
DrPhilG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omackeral View Post
So this is just gonna turn into another Muslim thread I take it? Like the gay women on the bus one.
That's not my intention, I asked a simple question that should hopefully have a simple answer. There was no gay-bashing and no Muslim-bashing in the question and I wouldn't expect any in the reply.
10-06-2019, 23:14   #73
Omackeral

Quote:
And the vast majority that go around beating up gays are Muslims
Have you a source for that?
10-06-2019, 23:15   #74
DrPhilG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omackeral View Post
Quote:
And the vast majority that go around beating up gays are Muslims
Well it wasn't my intention, but I may have opened the door for others...

Apologies. I was genuinely curious.
(5) thanks from:
10-06-2019, 23:15   #75
Cee-Jay-Cee

I’m waiting for the straight month to celebrate. Anyone know when that is??
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion