Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Can you buy the dumpling wrappers, or did you make them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Can you buy the dumpling wrappers, or did you make them?

You can buy them.

I admit that, while I have made gyoza in the past, these are pre-packed frozen ones. They're not as good, but handy to have in the freezer.

I hugely recommend the recipe for gyoza on the Cooking With Dog Youtube channel. It's a fantastic recipe, tastes exactly like what you'd get in Japan, and knocks the socks off of what you'd get in a restaurant over here. They also freeze really well and cook from frozen in less than 10 minutes, which is handy cos the recipe makes loads.

Keto coronation chicken salad. Since I currently have to watch my sugar and carb intake there's no mango chutney or raisins, so it wasn't awesome. It could be the rotten cold that I have but it was just really bland, I don't think I'll use that particular recipe again anyway.

IMG_3437.jpg

IMG_3438.jpg

Tuna Brogies. Tuna, marie-rose sauce, tomato, gherkins, lettuce, cheese. Can't melt the cheese cos I have learned that Brogies do not do well under the grill, but we soldier on.

IMG_3439.jpg

I went with creamy chicken soup. Shredded roast chicken thighs, baby corn, mange tout, carrot, spinach, cream, stock, garlic, thyme, turmeric, and rice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Shameful lunch today, got some vegan pastries from a local place to bring to my friend recovering from surgery.

A cheesy pizza roll (kinda tasted like baba ghanoush), coffee cinnamon swirl and two citron crack buns (soft brioch with a crisp shell and citron creme patisserie filling). Amazing.

B41GfROl.jpg

Homemade cream of tomato soup with Lidl truffle sachettini. Very tasty, despite the weird smell from the sachettini, but I think that's the truffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Feeling a bit under the weather, so I just made myself a bowl of (German style) noodle soup. I have short vermicelli noodles from the Polish shop always in the cupboard, so I just made a strong vegetable broth with lots of salt, boiled the noodles in it and added a handful of chopped chives.

I don't know why, but this always balances me out when I'm feeling out of sorts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Feel better soon Shenshen.

• Advertisement

My wife made mushroom soup and I (and my daughter) made brown bread.

20181124-125926-800x450.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

I had an amazing steak sandwich on sourdough bread with sun dried tomato salsa today in Asador.

I've eaten there a few times (every time sharing the meat platter) and in my eyes they can do no wrong. Not the cheapest but the quality of the produce, the cooking, the wine and the lovely friendly but not overbearing staff make it one of my absolute favourite places to eat for a treat :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

New vegan place opened beside me. I had their cauliflower wings with BBQ & sriracha sauce and dill pickle aioli, they were absolutely amazing and just €6, I'll be back!

eExAwwKl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10 katekuchen

Dutch pancake (based on this https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/oct/05/10-best-apple-recipes-bramley-coxes recipe) with bananas and maple syrup

470221.jpg
    470222.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

New vegan place opened beside me. I had their cauliflower wings with BBQ & sriracha sauce and dill pickle aioli, they were absolutely amazing and just €6, I'll be back!

Can I ask where you got these please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Thick slice of homebaked bread with butter and cup of espresso with cream.

...sated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 katekuchen

Leek, chickpea, lemon zest and mint soup with toasted Scéal sourdough on the side

470813.jpg

Channa bhatura at @iyerscafe

IMG-20190119-151629.jpg

IMG-3771.jpg

Chicken noodle soup. Omnomnomnom

Jamie Oliver's chilli non carne. Also, non chilli cos I don't eat spicy food. Very tasty with the last of the sourdough bread.

IMG-3772.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭joombo

0459c0471e.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^ I’m guessing Chicken Fried Rice. Give us a clue ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I wish my poached eggs could turn out like this, is it clingfilm being used?

Delicious brunch from the other day

6d27f120-a411-47ba-9d26-e6bb67674a2e.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shop bought Mexican chicken salad, I'm not sure if it was the jalapenos of the heap of raw red onion that has me sweating profusely, but it was delicious regardless.

IMG-20190320-124444.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Egg mayonnaise and salad on toast - on the patio in the sunshine :)

IMG-6168.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Two buttons easter eggs which I will regret eating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Daisy78

A falafel sandwich on sourdough with a flat white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Asian broth with rice vermicelli and vegetables

RHPrnaX.jpg

Courgette and pea soup

IMG-20190609-144645.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,148 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Just had my first chopped. Spinach, chicken, carrot and chilli sauce. Very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Brown toast with peanut butter and home made blackberry jam...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

beertons wrote: »
    Just had my first chopped. Spinach, chicken, carrot and chilli sauce. Very nice.

Such a simple concept - fresh, finely chopped salad. Easier (more dignified) to eat than shop bought/other salad bowls. Mrs G! swears by them.

Good luck to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just a banana... really hit the spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Would love the courgette and pea soup recipe?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yeah.....courgettes are going mad, 'tis the season.

Just sweating two large courgettes, right now, in butter with a few carrots, spring onions, garlic, mixed herbs, sprig of mint etc etc.

Chicken stock defrosting in microwave.

Pinch of curry powder, pepper n salt.

anewme wrote: »
    Would love the courgette and pea soup recipe?

I just made it up!

Onions, courgettes, potatoes, frozen peas sautéed in olive oil until soft.

Blended, then added dried oregano and topped with toasted seeds and olive oil.

A nice salad with chicken and rice left over from last night's dinner.

IMG-6482.jpg

Lamb kidneys marinated in olive oil, balsamic, and thyme and then grilled. On toast.

The kidney was a surprise gift from OH or i’d Have had time to get the sourdough out and buy some salad. Very yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

FREE Chicken and Bacon wrap from Subway courtesy of the Bargain Alerts thread. Mediocre at best. No option to toast the wrap. Subs are much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Ryath

A huevos rancheros styled lunch. Only had cheese, pinto beans and eggs though. Some avocado and salsa would have made it! Still tasty though.

506981.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Hot dogs!

49708204426_11e6dc157d_z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Fluffy buttermilk pancakes with blueberries topped with maple syrup... yum.

20200329-145835.jpg

20200329-145953.jpg

Poached egg on an English muffin with goats cheese, avocado, chorizo, spinach & rocket

5-D8-F4304-190-C-465-F-AF3-F-D0-A37-EFBBA6-B.jpg

Pancakes with smoked streaky bacon, blueberries and maple syrup.

IMG-7870.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Fish tacos with cod, pickled slaw, cheese, taco sauce and coriander.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Chicken wings for Friday lunch from the airfryer

• Advertisement

Italian vegetable soup with wheaten bread.

20200724-133726.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 541 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Quick lunch for my housemates today. Squid, fennel, red onion, chilli and lime salad on toasted sourdough

I made a huge frittata yesterday and we had the leftovers for lunch today.

20200914-143457.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Had a mad craving for dumplings over the last while so I got a pasta maker that does the dumpling shapes and made some pork and prawn versions for lunch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Hi Conor, what recipe did you use? These look fab!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement