Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Brown rice and vegetable Korma.

Made waaaay too much brown rice. Need to figure out a way to use it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A typical summer lunch here; fried new potatoes, hard boiled eggs with a cup- a - soup then a handful of strawberries and green peas ( raw!) straight from the garden.. Grazing has begun... LOVE it.. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,289 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

kylith wrote: »
    Made waaaay too much brown rice. Need to figure out a way to use it up.

No such thing! Refrigerate some for fried rice tomorrow and freeze the rest. Make sure it's nice and dry before freezing.

Speaking of which, some vege chilli and rice for lunch.

IMAG0126_1.jpg

Salad. Mixed leaves, sugar snaps, tomato, feta, baby corn, balsamic dressing.

• Advertisement

Sweet and simple poached eggs and chips. Rich Tea with chocolate spread to follow..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Lentil & chickpea stew - I'm sick of salads. It tasted nicer than it looks.

IMG_4618.jpgupload pictures to website

Antipasti salad. Olives, salami, prosciutto, sundried tomato, artichoke, lettuce, little gem lettuce. I honestly don’t know which but I liked best.

Late working lunch.
    Tuna sandwich and borscht.
    (Too hungry to take a pic).

Now, that's a salad.

IMG_3375.jpg

• Advertisement

Green beans cooked in tomatoes, Tesco micro grains, mackerel in chilli sauce.

IMAG0146_1.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Lentil & chickpea salad with cheddar and ham.

IMG_4749.jpg

The very first eggs from my rescued hens..Poached ,with baby new potatoes. They were the ones ready to microwave in their own vented bag and very good.. added salt and butter..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Artisan sourdough bread and butter washed down with home made mushroom and garlic soup.

Badger & Dodo "Fairy Floss" coffee is currently bubbling in the percolator and smells fantastic. A blueberry muffin is awaiting consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Currently having an omelette with cheese and scallion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Mac and cheese (Felicity Cloake's recipe) with sweetcorn and peas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Had a lovely weekend in Castle Leslie and finished it with a lunch in the bar :)

Chicken in a white wine sauce with wilted spinach and boxty potato. Followed by apple and blackberry crumble with vanilla ice cream and creme anglaise. Delicious!

ETA- can't upload the picture of dessert..file's too big :( It was delicious though :D

I had an amazing steak sandwich on sourdough bread with sun dried tomato salsa today in Asador.

For the last few days I've been having a variant on vegetable gyoza with salad, drowned in salad cream.

IMG_3428.jpg

kylith wrote: »
    For the last few days I've been having a variant on vegetable gyoza with salad, drowned in salad cream.

That looks amazing Kylith! I'm drooling!
    Love salad cream too, more zingy than mayo.

• Advertisement

Can you buy the dumpling wrappers, or did you make them?

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Can you buy the dumpling wrappers, or did you make them?

You can buy them.

I admit that, while I have made gyoza in the past, these are pre-packed frozen ones. They're not as good, but handy to have in the freezer.

I hugely recommend the recipe for gyoza on the Cooking With Dog Youtube channel. It's a fantastic recipe, tastes exactly like what you'd get in Japan, and knocks the socks off of what you'd get in a restaurant over here. They also freeze really well and cook from frozen in less than 10 minutes, which is handy cos the recipe makes loads.

Keto coronation chicken salad. Since I currently have to watch my sugar and carb intake there's no mango chutney or raisins, so it wasn't awesome. It could be the rotten cold that I have but it was just really bland, I don't think I'll use that particular recipe again anyway.

IMG_3437.jpg

IMG_3438.jpg

Tuna Brogies. Tuna, marie-rose sauce, tomato, gherkins, lettuce, cheese. Can't melt the cheese cos I have learned that Brogies do not do well under the grill, but we soldier on.

IMG_3439.jpg

I went with creamy chicken soup. Shredded roast chicken thighs, baby corn, mange tout, carrot, spinach, cream, stock, garlic, thyme, turmeric, and rice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Shameful lunch today, got some vegan pastries from a local place to bring to my friend recovering from surgery.

A cheesy pizza roll (kinda tasted like baba ghanoush), coffee cinnamon swirl and two citron crack buns (soft brioch with a crisp shell and citron creme patisserie filling). Amazing.

B41GfROl.jpg

Homemade cream of tomato soup with Lidl truffle sachettini. Very tasty, despite the weird smell from the sachettini, but I think that's the truffle.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Feeling a bit under the weather, so I just made myself a bowl of (German style) noodle soup. I have short vermicelli noodles from the Polish shop always in the cupboard, so I just made a strong vegetable broth with lots of salt, boiled the noodles in it and added a handful of chopped chives.

I don't know why, but this always balances me out when I'm feeling out of sorts.

Feel better soon Shenshen.

• Advertisement

My wife made mushroom soup and I (and my daughter) made brown bread.

20181124-125926-800x450.jpg

Advertisement