26-04-2021, 18:34   #61
Ubbquittious

Women on these sites are hard work. Chat away nicely for ages then ghost. Rinse and repeat.
Chat away for ages, ask to meet up, she gets hesitant about covid and starts coming out with excuses. Next.
Then so many are just a pain to converse with, they show no interest and expect me to entertain them via text.
Maybe they are not "never happy" but it's hard to find one who is happy.

Much easier to get chatting to someone at a real life event whenever those will be allowed again.

Had one today who I've been chatting with a good while and wouldnt divulge her number because she claims to have had problems with that in the past. The app chat thing is a pain to use. Maybe there is some fawning lapdog of a fella who will chat to her endlessly on the app until she feels reassured enough to meet up but I couldn't be fcuking arsed.

Last edited by Ubbquittious; 26-04-2021 at 18:38.
Advertisement
26-04-2021, 18:39   #62
Thelonious Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DayDream View Post
Lots of bitter well past their prime single mothers complaining there are no good men, no real men, too many creeps, long checklists of what they think they should be getting in a partner, etc.
There is a lot of that but imagine the absolute gobsh*tes that are on the male side that we can't see?
For the most part there are plenty of normal people on these things and if you keep at it for a while you'll probably meet people of a similar level of attractiveness and status as yourself, that is how it always worked me anyway.
I wouldn't bother messaging these instagram model looking women because I can't see how either of us would have anything in common, but there must be male versions of these people too.
26-04-2021, 18:42   #63

Quote:
On the apps it's the opposite of what you say in the last paragraph. It's the women who are expecting George Clooney or Ryan Gosling to swipe on them. Lots of bitter well past their prime single mothers complaining there are no good men, no real men, too many creeps, long checklists of what they think they should be getting in a partner, etc.
Well they don't seem like people who get dates easily. Or at least anything more than a shag n' go.
26-04-2021, 18:42   #64
brainboru1104

I think the trick is to not take it personally and don't get attached too quickly. Online dating is extremely fickle.
26-04-2021, 18:44   #65
brainboru1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
There is a lot of that but imagine the absolute gobsh*tes that are on the male side that we can't see?
For the most part there are plenty of normal people on these things and if you keep at it for a while you'll probably meet people of a similar level of attractiveness and status as yourself, that is how it always worked me anyway.
I wouldn't bother messaging these instagram model looking women because I can't see how either of us would have anything in common, but there must be male versions of these people too.
I have a female friend and she showed me the male side. The absolute state of some of the profiles, like.
Advertisement
26-04-2021, 18:44   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubbquittious View Post
Women on these sites are hard work. Chat away nicely for ages then ghost. Rinse and repeat.
Chat away for ages, ask to meet up, she gets hesitant about covid and starts coming out with excuses. Next.
Then so many are just a pain to converse with, they show no interest and expect me to entertain them via text.
Maybe they are not "never happy" but it's hard to find one who is happy.

Much easier to get chatting to someone at a real life event whenever those will be allowed again.

Had one today who I've been chatting with a good while and wouldnt divulge her number because she claims to have had problems with that in the past. The app chat thing is a pain to use. Maybe there is some fawning lapdog of a fella who will chat to her endlessly on the app until she feels reassured enough to meet up but I couldn't be fcuking arsed.
Sounds like they're not interested but want to be polite and not blunt (a "bitch") which is then construed as leading the guy on.

Kind of a can't win situation.
26-04-2021, 18:45   #67
Ubbquittious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post

Any mention of Instagram on a profile is a red flag at this stage. I'd say there's a good few just trying to gain followers this way. Some lads are even stupid enough to create an Instagram and follow them I would say
26-04-2021, 18:45   #68
Blaaz_

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainboru1104 View Post
I think the trick is to not take it personally and don't get attached too quickly. Online dating is extremely fickle.
This is a life lesson in general imo
26-04-2021, 18:55   #69
raclle

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainboru1104 View Post
I have a female friend and she showed me the male side. The absolute state of some of the profiles, like.
Maybe I've been too biased all along but could you give us some examples? I've never seen or rarely heard about the male side
Advertisement
26-04-2021, 18:57   #70
Church on Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallet Inspector View Post
Sounds like they're not interested but want to be polite and not blunt (a "bitch") which is then construed as leading the guy on.

Kind of a can't win situation.
Either gender can be polite and just say they are not feeling it. It wouldn't bother me if, say, after a date or two the woman in question said face to face or over the phone they are not interested. It's early doors, so there's every chance that could happen. It's a getting to know you phase.

No grown adult should ghost another grown adult. It's not a good look. We're supposed to be grown adults here. For some women it's to avoid conflict like the above or potential aggressiveness, for some, often in the case of men as well, a simple lack of respect.
26-04-2021, 19:08   #71
brainboru1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclle View Post
Maybe I've been too biased all along but could you give us some examples? I've never seen or rarely heard about the male side
Most of the photos were awful, like up-the-nose selfies, drunken pictures with "the boys", some sports picture that was clearly taken years ago. Very few if any photos just showing them wearing a nice shirt, smiling. Unreal. They just come across as really immature.

As for what they write in the bio, again it's trying too hard to be a "lad", as if they are worried their mates will see it, or maybe they don't understand what women want. Their interests match the photos, sports and nights out with the boiiiis.

I saw dozens of profiles like that, just carbon copies. The rare well done profiles really stand out from the crowd.
26-04-2021, 19:10   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church on Tuesday View Post
Either gender can be polite and just say they are not feeling it. It wouldn't bother me if, say, after a date or two the woman in question said face to face or over the phone they are not interested. It's early doors, so there's every chance that could happen. It's a getting to know you phase.

No grown adult should ghost another grown adult. It's not a good look. We're supposed to be grown adults here. For some women it's to avoid conflict like the above or potential aggressiveness, for some, often in the case of men as well, a simple lack of respect.
I don't mean the ghosting - that's obviously sh1t - but the being friendly and chatty and thus seemingly interested. That's not to lead on, it's just to be polite. It's the wrong way to do things yes, but it's not malicious.
(2) thanks from:
26-04-2021, 19:19   #73
FFVII

Quote:
That's not true I'm just a rough diamond that's needs a little polishing, that's all.
Getting there is a load of "snowflake", picking sh1t up wrong, mind reading, assuming, and then you go off with the next lad showing abit of interest as the current one is to much work.
26-04-2021, 19:51   #74
corner of hells

OP ,have you considered the French Foreign Legion ?
26-04-2021, 20:07   #75
Galwayguy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallet Inspector View Post
Women don't have all the power in online dating.

Good looking guy isn't gonna pick a plain woman.
No he isn't but the good looking woman isn't going to go for the short ugly man either.

The folks of either sex who hit the genetic jackpot will end up together.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion