Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

somewhat improbably I just won a Warzone with my brother and a random. Wouldn't mind only it was going awful. First off I jumped too early and landed miles from my group. Then got tracked and had to fend off a 3 v1, killed one and managed to escape the other two. Then they found me 5 minutes later, got killed and got out of the gulag, got killed parachuting in, team bought me back and I got killed going for a recon mission right at the top of a ladder, team bought me in again and I stuck around to get the final kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

New update - 11.4gb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

New update - 11.4gb

dl it now, hope shoot the ship makes a return, and they could throw in another double xp weekend for all those stuck at home.

Now that i think of it, why not triple xp. :p

I remember back in Modern Warfare 3, on 2XP days you could use tokens and get an hour of xp making 3XP. But apparently they stopped this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Can someone explain to me the battle pass and how it works?

I only know what I do with battlepass. I paid about 10 euro to access it initially. As I earn xp I unlock various stages from 4-100 and unlock xp, weapon xp, COD points, camos, sprays and other cosmetics.
    If you don't buy ir you can still unlock a handful of things like guns and operator skins.
    By going through the various stages you can earn enough COD points to get it again for free next season.
    It's worth a tenner imo
    You can buy stages but meh, I'd prefer to unlock them with xp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

johndoe99 wrote: »
    dl it now, hope shoot the ship makes a return, and they could throw in another double xp weekend for all those stuck at home.

Now that i think of it, why not triple xp. :p

I remember back in Modern Warfare 3, on 2XP days you could use tokens and get an hour of xp making 3XP. But apparently they stopped this now.

No shoot the ship. 24/7 of the new map Khandor hideout

Played a game on the new map there. Seems ok. Smaller than most

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

i was so hoping shipment 24/7 would be back. What i'd like to see (its only a mad dream), but i'd love to have few games of shipment, with 50 players to each team. That would be pure mayhem.

Maps: Rust, Shipment, Hackney Yard, Gun Runner, Shoot House
    • Mosh Pit including: TDM, DOM, HQ, KC, and HP
    Check out our "Cabin Fever" playlist, rolling out NOW across all platforms

Tweet from infinity ward

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Skyhunter wrote: »
    Hearing whispers of MW2 Remastered coming next week.

The campaign is what I read and I thought it was included in the next Battlepass?

The new small map is quite good as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Have some free time so was gonna buy the game. Usually just play campaign but may give online a shot. How exactly does buying the battle pass help?

If I was playing online I’d prob need any help I could get but what does battle pass edition actually do? I heard you can skip levels (don’t know what that means), id rather start at a lower level if that’s newer players not used to playing?!

Drumpot wrote: »
    Have some free time so was gonna buy the game. Usually just play campaign but may give online a shot. How exactly does buying the battle pass help?

If I was playing online I’d prob need any help I could get but what does battle pass edition actually do? I heard you can skip levels (don’t know what that means), id rather start at a lower level if that’s newer players not used to playing?!

Battlepass is only cosmetic items and prebuilt guns. Skipping levels refers to skipping Battlepass tiers.

There is skill based matchmaking so you'll be put into marches with people around your skill level.

Before buying you could download Warzone for free and see how the game feels to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well there's something I didn't know. The ammo attachments (for the Model 680 anyway) have challenges. So the first 2 are unlocked via normal progression, but there are 4 more ammo types locked behind further challenges, ie: get 20 kills while prone and defending an objective. Didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Great craic having to download all 177GB or so again yesterday due to the update **** up.

Especially with the download giving an error and stopping every 10 minutes. Had to babysit it for most the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭circadian

If anyone on Pc is having update issues change the region to US and it'll download, albeit slower than you might be used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

circadian wrote: »
    If anyone on Pc is having update issues change the region to US and it'll download, albeit slower than you might be used to.

Kept having to do that too. Switch between EU & US.

Noticed a big drop in speeds during the usual 5-11PM "rush hour".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

PC should never be allowed play with console players

https://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/1244050382612905985?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭circadian

Huh, I haven't seen any hacks in ages. It was rare enough but an aimbot was from a console player months ago.

Will keep an eye out for this, I'm sure free to play has increased demand for hacks.

Mr.S wrote: »
    How do you turn off cross play on Xbox?

On PS4 it asks you to enable crossplay twice before entering a lobby I select no and then it drops me into a PS4 only lobby, I am not sure you have that option on Xbox, if not Infinity Ward need to enable it

Mr.S wrote: »
    Hmm no, on Xbox you just get placed into the lobby. Unless i'm blind, but there's nothing that pops up.

There's a setting in the options to enable crossplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There's a setting in the options to enable crossplay.

Id i disable cross play on xbox i csnt access warzone at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Never noticed any hacks but then I get minced on the regular!

Really has been, dare I say it, the best COD I've played since MW2. Takes a lot for me to rank it better than BO2. The combination of a comprehensive Multilayer with Ground War actually comparable to Battlefield's Conquest mode and Warzone being great is fantastic.

Infinity Ward sure got their timeline right having this game taking off when the gaming world is isolated at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Seems that you just can't disable crossplay for Warzone on Xbox. That sucks!

Anyone finding games really laggy tonight? Went in to view network during game and ping is around 100ms with 5-7% packet loss.

Normally my ping is about 30-40 fairly constitently with 0% packet loss.

Nothing unusual happening on my local network. May just restart everything to be sure but the game is unplayable.

heroics wrote: »
    Anyone finding games really laggy tonight? Went in to view network during game and ping is around 100ms with 5-7% packet loss.

Normally my ping is about 30-40 fairly constitently with 0% packet loss.

Nothing unusual happening on my local network. May just restart everything to be sure but the game is unplayable.

Got massive latency spikes when respawning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm planning on playing Warzone tomorrow (or later) with the missus. I have never properly played any Battle Royale. The closest I got was Apex Legends, and I left the game almost as quick as I joined it. It just felt too overwhelming.

I never jumped on the BR bandwagon when it properly took off with PUBG and Fortnite, so I never really cared for it, but since I recently got a decent internet connection I was encouraged to start playing online games again, and this might as well be one of them to get into, seeing as I have more free time with this thing going on in the world.

Any tips I should know before going into it?

(P.S. watching tutorial videos isn't any good to me. My attention span is too low for that kind of thing. I'd rather read the advice... sorry lol)

Do contracts. Eyeglass (Scavanger) one for money and flag (recon) ones early on are hugely beneficial The latter will pinpoint where the circle is going and the scavanger is great for loot and money.The bounty ones are tricky particularly if you're a duo.
    If you can get a third it makes it a LOT easier.
    Make a loadout, this is your first priority, get your loadout asap in game.
    Have a heartbeat sensor in your loudout, this is a must.
    Ghost is very useful because EVERYONE has a heartbeat sensor. Some of the others are useful EOD, Double time, Amped, the tracker one. I like shrapnel but I've always been the claymore guy. These are useful as early warnings but rarely get kills on their own.
    Get armour as soon as you get in and try and max out how much you are carrying.
    When you're in the gulag through a stun asap. It doesn't matter where. :)
    Turn cross play off if on PS, in the options.
    Change your mini map from circle to square in the options.
    Get in a truck - the hitboxes are ENORMOUS.

I'm horrible at these and having massive fun with it.

Yesterday got near the end, my team dead and watching me. Got in a house killed a guy, his mate got me. As he was teabagging my body I self revived and murdered him. Happy times. We finished in the top ten maybe 70-80% of the time with crossplay tuned on - 3rd and 4th a few times. Surprisingly a lot of times because of me. The two lads are pretty good though.

if you're playing solos the tip seems to be get a shotgun, find house, ADS at door/stair entrance and wait for gimli to come stomping in

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1244598315813081088?s=19

If anyone is interested in the MW2 Campaign

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1244598315813081088?s=19

If anyone is interested in the MW2 Campaign

Is it just me or is this kind of pointless given the rebooted story in MW 2019?

Advertisement